Maigh Eo v Corcaigh, 1600, 3ú Lúnasa, Páirc an Crocaigh

Started by macdanger2, July 27, 2014, 12:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

A rematch of the 2011 quarter final when Mayo shocked the all Ireland champions, winning by 4 points having been rank outsiders 

This time around we're slight favourites (1/2 with the bookies) but having watched cork in the munster final and against sligo today, I'd be confident we can win this one.

Bod Mor

Hurley won't be held to not scoring much three games in a row. With O'Neill back in form and Hurley and Goulding, our full back line will need to be at their peak. Hope Cunniffe is back, we know Barrett can do a job for us but reckon Cunniffe is a better all rounder. We need his tigerishness.
We're very predictable too. Wouldn't mind seeing Barry Moran names to start in midfield and switching to Full forward with AOS moving back into the centre with his brother.
Need to mix things up in the forward line to keep everybody guessing.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Syferus

Quote from: Bod Mor on July 27, 2014, 12:13:10 AM
Hurley won't be held to not scoring much three games in a row. With O'Neill back in form and Hurley and Goulding, our full back line will need to be at their peak. Hope Cunniffe is back, we know Barrett can do a job for us but reckon Cunniffe is a better all rounder. We need his tigerishness.
We're very predictable too. Wouldn't mind seeing Barry Moran names to start in midfield and switching to Full forward with AOS moving back into the centre with his brother.
Need to mix things up in the forward line to keep everybody guessing.

Four.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Mayo4Sam

Was down in Tullamore yesterday, if cork set up the same we'll destroy them. They left five lads in the full back line which meant extra half backs for Sligo. If Sligo could have run the ball they'd have won. It's mayos biggest strength, half backs running off shoulders.

As for Hurley, first time I've seen him in the flesh, not impressed and he's a fat f**ker, seriously after the Tipp keeper he was the most over weight player there, how do cork have a player carrying that kinda weight?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Red

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 27, 2014, 09:25:13 AM
Was down in Tullamore yesterday, if cork set up the same we'll destroy them. They left five lads in the full back line which meant extra half backs for Sligo. If Sligo could have run the ball they'd have won. It's mayos biggest strength, half backs running off shoulders.

As for Hurley, first time I've seen him in the flesh, not impressed and he's a fat f**ker, seriously after the Tipp keeper he was the most over weight player there, how do cork have a player carrying that kinda weight?

Colm Corkery???

INDIANA

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 27, 2014, 09:25:13 AM

He certainly isn't fat in my opinion. I'd be wary of making outlandish statements about him he is seriously gifted.
Overall I fancy Mayo to edge it. They have the defence to keep manners on Cork. It's a WIP for Cork this year. You can't lose all your experience in one go and expect miracles. It takes time .

However having watched then dismiss Sligo at ease you'd gave to be worried for Galway against kerry

Wildweasel74

he must be going through a bad spell, saw him earlier in the year in the league and he looked the best full forward in the country back then, scoring of either foot at will, he also was very good in the 1st half against Dublin in the league semi, Cork b4 the Dublin game looked to be the strongest bet to push Dublin,sort looked disorganised since but if Mayo take them for granted they turn you`s over.

beer baron

Hurley fat? Ah here would ya quit,he's a brute of a lad but no fat on him and as someone said above it's hard to see him going another game without making a decent contribution on the scoreboard. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cork beat Mayo next week,still some excellent players in there especially in the forwards. I'd be tempted to back them at 2/1. Anyone know what the spread is?

larryin89

What amazes me about analysis and bucks in general giving their predictions is they never hold their hands up if they get it completely wrong and furthermore try to spin the result as if they knew it could happen re the Donegal q/f last year.

Now what happens if Mayo fookin romp home destroying Cork by 10 points plus, does everyone in the country just give up on predicting results .

Mayo to win by 13 points is my prediction , Cork are absolutely useless.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Zulu

Nor me. He has a body type that's top heavy but I don't think there is any question he is over weight.