Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Yep thats what my boss said to me there - he said the water would be in the oil if it was head gasket. My aul fella reckons it will drive me for the next while. Im buying new on in early January so i just want it to drive me to then without anything major and he reckons it will so fingers crossed.

Ziggy - are u not too busy with your productive fun day that is Monday   ::) ::) What would i be asking questions for - i know nothing about cars!

ziggysego

Quote from: tyrone girl on September 27, 2010, 11:47:55 AM
Ziggy - are u not too busy with your productive fun day that is Monday   ::) ::) What would i be asking questions for - i know nothing about cars!

No need to be rude, it wasn't a cheeky reply. I think you should have asked, to avoid a repeat occurance.
Testing Accessibility

tyrone girl

Who was being rude ??? If it was a mechanic i would have asked so i would know - but why ask my dad - sure if anything goes wrong with it he will be the one il go to anyway and he knows the craic. So if hes content enough to let me drive away at it il ask no questions and take his word for it. Im just praying it takes me to January

theskull1

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 27, 2010, 11:38:54 AM
Just keep an eye on things.  But have it checked out.

Water tank full of oil doesn't sound like head gasket.  It would be the other way surely i.e. water in oil if it was a head gasket.

Assuming TG hasn't top up the oil recently  ;), how would the oil get into the water if it isn't the head gasket?

There may have been a blockage of some sort which caused the car to overheat, but I think the head has been warped/gasket failed as a result. That or something worse (i.e cracked block)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

tyrone girl

Im getting worried again - what would my da have flushed out and wat would he have done with it? God knows - he had some bottle of something and said defo not head gasket i have it sorted drive away at it

Gaffer

Quote from: tyrone girl on September 27, 2010, 12:50:13 PM
Im getting worried again - what would my da have flushed out and wat would he have done with it? God knows - he had some bottle of something and said defo not head gasket i have it sorted drive away at it

TG , There s a number of mechanics round the 'Island who ll put you out of your misery. Why not just bring it to one of them? Get your da to leave you to work in Dungannon in the morning and he ll bring it to someone.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

tyrone girl

How do ya know where i live and where i work :o :o
Anyway i asked him again tonight when he said did ur temperature hand rise again. I said no its been grand since and he said yeh it will be fine again. He said he mentioned it to xxxxx mechanic who does all our stuff - hes friendly with him and that he said it should be ok. So im at a loss . I darent question him again

Denn Forever

Would your Dad be very offended if you took it to a garage for a look see? 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

bailestil

Both headlights have gone on my Audi A4.
Changed bulb and its still not working. The sidelight works ok but the headlights don't. Fuses all seem ok.

Running on just fog lights at this stage.

On way to work i noticed at least 4-5 other audi's with the same thing. Wondering if the cold is fecking something up.

Anyone any ideas as to what else i can check, given its gonna be a nightmare getting it to a garage over christmas.

theskull1

Check the fuses...might be on their own circuit

Refer to handbook for the location of the fuse for the headlights.

bailestil

aye I checked the fuses on the main board beside the steering wheel, and they were fine.

Can't believe how difficult they make it to change a bulb in a car these days! have to dismantle half the engine.

maddog

A 4x4 came round the corner on Sat and made me make a sudden switch in the snow. I put her into the kerb and the front right hand wheel just went at a right hand angle. 4 miles walk home in the snow after that. The vehicle recovery guys said stay with the car. It was 72 hours before they picked it up. feck it, its only a car.

theskull1

What year is it bailestil?

Google telling me that there may be a problem with the switch on the stalk?

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec114.shtml

bailestil

I can be sure i won't be following that guide anyway :) id be way out of my depth.

(however my light is a seperate switch, not on steering wheel.)
But i suppose it could be a similar problem.

Looks like it'll be needing a garage then. :(

sidelights and foglights will have to do me in the dark for now ;)

Milltown Row2

The car has finally had enough, loads of minor things but i'm getting pissed off!!

Looking at a Santa Fe 4X4 (second hand 2004) Anyone had one of these and what they think about them?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea