Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

See it always just stays at the halfway mark and wouldnt ever move above that whereas this morning it was nearly at the top - this time it only went a small notch above halfway - hardly even noticable - id have thought though when i topped it up with water that it wouldnt move from halfway again

theskull1

Where you filled up with water TG..........Did you see any water in the little reservoir before you topped up?

(BTW there is a level indicator which tells you where you should fill up to on the reservoir if you look closely....to allow for expansion as the water heats up...you shouldn't fill up to the very top) .....be careful unscrewing the cap after the car has been running a while (when a car is having over heating problems) as alot of stream can come out as you unscrew....I'd use a towel or something to protect you hands

Could you look at the water level now compared to when you filled up. Has the level went down?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Orior

I was quoted £900 for supply and installation of a reconditioned turbo on an Audi A4 (10 year old).

Whaddyafink?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Bacon

Sounds pretty good. A new one will cost twice that fitted.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Tony Baloney

It has all gone quiet. Has she topped up the oil sump with water by accident?

Ludraman

Quote from: Orior on September 24, 2010, 05:19:56 PM
I was quoted £900 for supply and installation of a reconditioned turbo on an Audi A4 (10 year old).

Whaddyafink?

Dats like putting a rocket on an auld lawnmower why bother. no?

Orior

Quote from: Ludraman on September 24, 2010, 05:35:21 PM

Whaddyafink?

Fair point. Would it be naughty not to tell the garage if i was using it as a trade in?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Ludraman on September 24, 2010, 05:35:21 PM

Whaddyafink?

Bring back The Police.

tyrone girl

Fcuk sake - great start to the day  >:( >:(. Got the bf to check the car again this mornin cos temp hand was rising last night. He said the water is full with oil that head gasket or something is gone or cracked!!!!! arhghghggh wtf does that mean? So i phoned me da - he said it could be frigged but will try see this evening what can be done with it. Could cry. Already in a pisser of a mood this morning without that   :'( :'( :'( :'(

Celt_Man

Quote from: tyrone girl on September 27, 2010, 09:19:08 AM
Fcuk sake - great start to the day  >:( >:(. Got the bf to check the car again this mornin cos temp hand was rising last night. He said the water is full with oil that head gasket or something is gone or cracked!!!!! arhghghggh wtf does that mean? So i phoned me da - he said it could be frigged but will try see this evening what can be done with it. Could cry. Already in a pisser of a mood this morning without that   :'( :'( :'( :'(

Not gonna lie to ya - that doesn't sound good at all....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Rois

Quote from: Rois on September 24, 2010, 10:37:07 AM
This may be stupid, a girl advising another girl about a car, but please go and get that seen to asap.  It happened me and in the end my head gasket blew and warped the engine.  £1.5k and three months later my car was back on the road.  It could obviously be a lot simpler than that but better safe than sorry.

Sorry TG to say I told you so, but, er, I did mention it. 

tyrone girl

I could cry - me dad after coming in to work there cos didnt want me driving it if thats what it was. Water tank full of oil - though it wasnt that way on Friday when filled with water. He said there though from a quick glance that he doesnt think it is the head gasket. He had some stuff through it to flush it out said he tinks theres a blockage or something. What the hell does that mean

tyrone girl

Me da took the car there and just brought it back. Said it isnt the head gasket for sure - duno how he knows this. Said it was blockage but he has it flushed out and sorted. Duno how or what he done. I asked no questions but he just said its grand and not to worry about it.

ziggysego

Quote from: tyrone girl on September 27, 2010, 11:24:26 AM
Me da took the car there and just brought it back. Said it isnt the head gasket for sure - duno how he knows this. Said it was blockage but he has it flushed out and sorted. Duno how or what he done. I asked no questions but he just said its grand and not to worry about it.

You should have asked questions.
Testing Accessibility

Denn Forever

Just keep an eye on things.  But have it checked out.

Water tank full of oil doesn't sound like head gasket.  It would be the other way surely i.e. water in oil if it was a head gasket.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...