Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on June 19, 2010, 08:57:36 PM
Could be a clutch plate problem then alright, possibly sticking on the spline on the front shaft of the gearbox,
That or a worn engine mount having too much movement under the torque of shifting between gears giving a
steel to steel type contact...hard to say :-\ ..I'd do a bit of investigative homework anyway as some hoor will probably
sell you a clutch kit whether it needs it or not with a symptom like that.

Cheers.
MWWSI 2017

Wee Shea

Quote from: JUst retired on June 19, 2010, 06:56:27 AM
Has anything else stopped working? Check your handbook to locate the fuse, take it out and look at it, you will see if it is gone or not.

Yeah, was the fuse needed replacing just. Gonna have to go and gather up some.

maddog

heres one for ye

The brother has one of them ssangyong rextons which has been going lovely for him until his missus spilled a drink over the gear stick. Now apparently with one of these automatics the gear stick has some type of sensors in it and now it will only find first gear. Its been like this for over a week so its dried out etc but still wont work. He is being quoted £850 to sort it. Any ideas what he could do to fix the problem other than get mugged by the garage ?

Tyrones own

I'd say he could be in bother..but if ye can remove the console and get to the switch
I'd give a dielectric cleaner a go to remove the residue of whatever was spilled.
Something like this;
http://www.usinenouvelle.com/industry/sico-1366/dielectric-cleaner-p34931.html
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Keyser soze

I have a Audi 2.5 Tdi V6 which has been giving me some trouble. It is difficult to start ie it will turn over quite a few times before catching even though the heater light has gone off, it has always been sluggish starting. New heater plugs have made no discernible difference. When it does start there is quite a bit of blue smoke which is very smelly. The car has over a long period become less powerful also. On a couple of occasions it has stopped after driving for a distance and will only continue on the tickover until it has been stopped and restarted. The heater plug light is flashing whilst it has been driven which in the manual says that there is a problem with the EMS. I've removed the rocker covers and inlet manifold and the manifold and inlets have a lot of oil deposited on them. I've already considered that there is a problem with either the valves or with the turbo [which may be blowing oil into the manifold?] but i would like to hear if any of you have any other hypothesis other than i of these 2 reasons OR can give an indication which of the 2 you think is the most likely. OR can you give me any links to forums were i could find some opinions.

Generic bullshit about garages, warranties and diagnostics will be blithely ignored.  :D

Puckoon

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 24, 2010, 09:53:09 PM
I have a Audi 2.5 Tdi V6 which has been giving me some trouble. It is difficult to start ie it will turn over quite a few times before catching even though the heater light has gone off, it has always been sluggish starting. New heater plugs have made no discernible difference. When it does start there is quite a bit of blue smoke which is very smelly. The car has over a long period become less powerful also. On a couple of occasions it has stopped after driving for a distance and will only continue on the tickover until it has been stopped and restarted. The heater plug light is flashing whilst it has been driven which in the manual says that there is a problem with the EMS. I've removed the rocker covers and inlet manifold and the manifold and inlets have a lot of oil deposited on them. I've already considered that there is a problem with either the valves or with the turbo [which may be blowing oil into the manifold?] but i would like to hear if any of you have any other hypothesis other than i of these 2 reasons OR can give an indication which of the 2 you think is the most likely. OR can you give me any links to forums were i could find some opinions.

Generic bullshit about garages, warranties and diagnostics will be blithely ignored.  :D

You need four new springs and a duck. You may need to work on your technique.

(Drunk).

Keyser soze

lolafrola

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 24, 2010, 09:53:09 PM

Traynors yard pal by the sounds of it. That Engine sounds like there is a lot of wear on it and needs put to sleep. Sorry for the bad news
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

StGallsGAA

QuoteI have a Audi 2.5 Tdi V6 which has been giving me some trouble. It is difficult to start ie it will turn over quite a few times before catching even though the heater light has gone off, it has always been sluggish starting. New heater plugs have made no discernible difference. When it does start there is quite a bit of blue smoke which is very smelly. The car has over a long period become less powerful also. On a couple of occasions it has stopped after driving for a distance and will only continue on the tickover until it has been stopped and restarted. The heater plug light is flashing whilst it has been driven which in the manual says that there is a problem with the EMS. I've removed the rocker covers and inlet manifold and the manifold and inlets have a lot of oil deposited on them. I've already considered that there is a problem with either the valves or with the turbo [which may be blowing oil into the manifold?] but i would like to hear if any of you have any other hypothesis other than i of these 2 reasons OR can give an indication which of the 2 you think is the most likely. OR can you give me any links to forums were i could find some opinions.

It's a long shot but why don't you bring it to someone who actually knows what they are talking about?

supersarsfields

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 25, 2010, 01:02:36 PM
QuoteI have a Audi 2.5 Tdi V6 which has been giving me some trouble. It is difficult to start ie it will turn over quite a few times before catching even though the heater light has gone off, it has always been sluggish starting. New heater plugs have made no discernible difference. When it does start there is quite a bit of blue smoke which is very smelly. The car has over a long period become less powerful also. On a couple of occasions it has stopped after driving for a distance and will only continue on the tickover until it has been stopped and restarted. The heater plug light is flashing whilst it has been driven which in the manual says that there is a problem with the EMS. I've removed the rocker covers and inlet manifold and the manifold and inlets have a lot of oil deposited on them. I've already considered that there is a problem with either the valves or with the turbo [which may be blowing oil into the manifold?] but i would like to hear if any of you have any other hypothesis other than i of these 2 reasons OR can give an indication which of the 2 you think is the most likely. OR can you give me any links to forums were i could find some opinions.

It's a long shot but why don't you bring it to someone who actually knows what they are talking about?

And is it not possible there might be someone who knows what their talking about on here?

Keyser soze

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 25, 2010, 01:02:36 PM

If this thread was about stealing cars  ;) you'd probably have a better answer, twat.

under the bar

QuoteIt's a long shot but why don't you bring it to someone who actually knows what they are talking about?

And is it not possible there might be someone who knows what their talking about on here?

More likely to find a bunch of wannabe mechanics who are liable to mis-diagnose the problem.

maggie

There is an orange spanner light on my dash, i looked it up in the manual and it says that its the 'engine oil change reminder light'- so i bought some oil today in the shop (fully synthetic whatever that means).
Can i just put it in or do i need to take it to the garage to get it done and have i bought the right stuff?

FermGael

My radio is playing up this weather.
the Fm is fine but the MW is playing up.
I will get good clear signal for 30 seconds and then just nothing.
Turn it on again and then off again and its grand for 30 seconds.
Any ideas??
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

mrsandman

Quote from: FermGael on September 07, 2010, 01:08:15 PM
My radio is playing up this weather.
the Fm is fine but the MW is playing up.
I will get good clear signal for 30 seconds and then just nothing.
Turn it on again and then off again and its grand for 30 seconds.
Any ideas??

Take her to the scrap heap and buy a new motor would be my best advice FermGael!!  ;)
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.