Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

TG Have you changed the fuel filter lately, that's where i'd start,
I wouldn't use any of that blended shite, most diesel engines are designed for Class 2
diesel and not that other stuff (who knows what they're putting in it  :-\ )..in fact in reading over this thread I'd go as far as to say that where you're all buying you fuel is the root cause of most driveability issues with diesel cars on this thread.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

fitzroyalty

Not so much my problem but has anyone noticed 206s having their break lights constantly on at night? Can be quite poison to drive behind, have noticed it a few times.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Tyrones own on March 29, 2010, 05:59:26 PM
TG Have you changed the fuel filter lately, that's where i'd start,
I wouldn't use any of that blended shite, most diesel engines are designed for Class 2
diesel and not that other stuff (who knows what they're putting in it  :-\ )..in fact in reading over this thread I'd go as far as to say that where you're all buying you fuel is the root cause of most driveability issues with diesel cars on this thread.

What that man says, when was the last time you changed the fuel filter? Have a diesel as well and it was giving jip when starting, the revs would die why I applied the gas but when I released and applied the gas again it would take off grand. Got the fuel filter changed and its been grand since...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

derryhero

this had need to be a thread for girls,

cause any "man" that is having car problems needs a gud beytin with the attitude adjuster and toul to man up

ONeill

Right. A couple of days ago I reversed slowly and during the first 3-4 seconds it felt like I was driving over something at the front left wheel. Since then there's a loud rattling noise from that front left of the car when I drive, loudly on bumpier roads and mostly when in a relatively straight line. I have driven a couple of days with it since. Any thoughts?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: ONeill on March 31, 2010, 12:14:02 AM
Right. A couple of days ago I reversed slowly and during the first 3-4 seconds it felt like I was driving over something at the front left wheel. Since then there's a loud rattling noise from that front left of the car when I drive, loudly on bumpier roads and mostly when in a relatively straight line. I have driven a couple of days with it since. Any thoughts?

Check your tyres. Sounds like there may be a bulge in one. You will notice it rocky at slow speed, then when you go quicker it makes noise. Otherwise, if your alignment is out (could be caused by mounting a kerb/hitting a pothole) it could cause something similar
Hasta la victoria siempre

JohnDenver

You maybe drove over Olly.

Tony Baloney

As previously documented on this thread my car has been cutting out and to date I have spent about 800 trying to get it fixed, to no avail. It is a danger on the road. Does anyone know if it could be written off by insurance? I have only heard of people claiming off insurance when the damage
their car but surely this is no different as the car is not roadworthy.

tyrone girl

If u want to meet up il gladly smash mine into the back of urs or vice versa, then we both get rid and maybe a wee whiplash claim into the bargain  :o

offtheground

Sounds like a new drive shaft is required....   expect to pay ~£150 - 200

FermGael

anybody done any dealing with james o'hara and sons in limavady?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

offtheground

Quote from: tyrone girl on April 01, 2010, 02:11:58 PM
il gladly smash mine into the back of urs or vice versa, then we both get rid

??

supersarsfields

Quote from: tyrone girl on April 01, 2010, 02:11:58 PM
If u want to meet up il gladly smash mine into the back of urs or vice versa, then we both get rid and maybe a wee whiplash claim into the bargain  :o

Will ya accept fast track offers??  :P

tyrone girl

gawa316

Need a window regulator for my freelander. Mechanic can't find second hand one and new ones cost the guts of £140. Found this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280495557239&_trksid=p2759.l1259  anyone have any idea if this will do the job?