Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazer

Quote from: Donagh on September 03, 2009, 12:28:18 PM
The bird at the end of the street called out the AA to her house the other morning when she got a flat on her wee Audi Coupe. Then stood over yer man with her arms folded while he changed with the wheel. Some people shouldn't be allowed on the roads.

In fairness, she pays her membership to the AA - then she well within her rights to call them its part of the service they provide.

Don't judge, i know people that call someone out to change a flat wheel for various reason including a sore back
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rois on September 03, 2009, 09:11:42 AM
Yeah, have the adaptor but can't find the hole (sounds wrong!).  I have looked all around but must be missing it somewhere.  I've googled it but no joy.  If you can help cuig huaire, I'd really appreciate it, otherwise my good friend at Donnelly's will be getting a call.
Rois, courtesy of google:

Yup, the 08's have the AUX in jack in the center storage console instead of the Glove box like previous model years.
To use it, put your Stereo in CD Mode and press CD a second time and the display with change to AUX IN and any audio coming in via that jack is played.

It works great with my iPhone but I recently got a Garmin Nuvi 770 and it's wonderful to have the directions (and MP3 music) played via my cars speakers.

This info is from an American site so may not be accurate  ;)

Rois

Thanks Tony - had a brief look this morn but couldn't see anything.  When I say "look" I mean I stuck my hand in the centre storage place and tried to feel around for it. 
A colleague has offered to come help me look for it after work.  Although now I'm thinking it's a factory option in the UK models and I got mine 2nd hand so maybe it doesn't even have a jack thing fitted yet.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rois on September 03, 2009, 01:14:10 PM
Thanks Tony - had a brief look this morn but couldn't see anything.  When I say "look" I mean I stuck my hand in the centre storage place and tried to feel around for it. 
A colleague has offered to come help me look for it after work.  Although now I'm thinking it's a factory option in the UK models and I got mine 2nd hand so maybe it doesn't even have a jack thing fitted yet.
I'll bet they have  ;)

Cúig huaire

Mine is also in the armrest (Touareg), but some of them can be in the right hand corner of the glovebox. If it is not there you will have to run a cable from the Aux-In port on the back of your stereo to the glove box.
Your handbook should tell you the exact location, IF your car has one. Some models may not have one.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Rois

Ah thanks for the help, book says right corner of glove box but there's just a hole so I must not have one. Well at least I'm not being stupid. Obv got the bog standard 2.0 TDi  :-\

Cúig huaire

Ring your service manager and ask him to check if you have one, if you dont get the AUX IN adaptor for the back of your stereo. Or just listen to the radio like the rest of us.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

The Real Laoislad

Not so much a problem,but I didn't want to start a new thread..
I'm thinking of changing the car,well its the womans car actually but it needs to be changed and as we are getting married it will become "our" car as I have a van for myself..
Was thinking of a few cars and wondered does anyone have one or know anything about them,despite being technically gifted as I am,I don't know too much about cars..
So here is what I'm thinking of buying,Won't be any older than a '07 up to a 2nd hand '09 as will probably wait till new year to buy one and I'm not going to buy new..

Volvo v40
Mazda 6
Toyota Avensis (new shape)
Opel Insignia
VW Passat

I would really love a Audi A4 but it might be a little out of the budget what with this wedding business stuff coming up next year.. ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 04, 2009, 05:32:53 PM
I'm thinking of changing the car,well its the womans car actually but it needs to be changed and as we are getting married it will become "our" car as I have a van for myself..
Was thinking of a few cars and wondered does anyone have one or know anything about them,despite being technically gifted as I am,I don't know too much about cars..
So here is what I'm thinking of buying,Won't be any older than a '07 up to a 2nd hand '09 as will probably wait till new year to buy one and I'm not going to buy new..

Volvo v40
Mazda 6
Opel Insignia
VW Passat

I would really love a Audi A4 but it might be a little out of the budget what with this wedding business stuff coming up next year.. ::)

Would the audi be a lot more expensive LL there should be a lot of deals out there of the others i'd go for the passat or the vovlo
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 05, 2009, 02:11:04 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 04, 2009, 05:32:53 PM

Volvo v40
Mazda 6
Opel Insignia
VW Passat

Would the audi be a lot more expensive LL there should be a lot of deals out there of the others i'd go for the passat or the vovlo

I'd say it could be 2-3k dearer for a Audi...What you think of Volvo? I always thought of them as a boring car but I really like the s40 they are  a fine looking car,inside and out
Sorry I said v40 in the list,I think the newer ones are s40's
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Actually just checked,the s40 is the saloon the v40 is the estate....s40 it is then..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 05, 2009, 02:22:03 PM
Actually just checked,the s40 is the saloon the v40 is the estate....s40 it is then..

i allways like the audi in fact if i had a few bob i'd buy the a4 cabriolet ( don't hold that against me LL :D ) i like the s40 i know what your saying about vovlos been boring but they are a fine bus a friend of mine has one and has only good things to say about them i don't think they hold their value as well as the audi .He bought his in england top spec and saved himself a fortune
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 05, 2009, 02:26:47 PM

i allways like the audi in fact if i had a few bob i'd buy the a4 cabriolet ( don't hold that against me LL :D ) i like the s40 i know what your saying about vovlos been boring but they are a fine bus a friend of mine has one and has only good things to say about them i don't think they hold their value as well as the audi .He bought his in england top spec and saved himself a fortune

the Deel Rover at work.......

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Yeah was thinking of going up north or to England,only thing is we would have to get rid of her car as I'm sure they won't take a Irish reg trade in up north..
It is a '04 206...Anyone wanna buy it?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 05, 2009, 02:29:21 PM

the deel rover at work.......

:D :D :D Go on ya bol*x ya i knew i should kept me mouth closed . i thought the roadster was the hairdressers car
Crossmolina Deel Rovers