Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Thanks. Know a fella who has one of them fault readers at home though its only a basic one but maybe it will show up a fault.

On reading up online im thinking catalytic convertor or egr valve or something. Driving fine this morning though.

trailer

Quote from: tyrone girl on April 26, 2018, 09:57:45 AM
Surprise surprise im back again with another problem  ::)

My car conked out yesterday as i was sitting at a roundabout waiting to move. Now maybe im thick but i presumed an automatic car shouldnt really conk out??

Anyway i started it again and it was grand i never thought much more about it as it was driving fine. Last night though the service soon light came on. I have been reading up that sometimes this can be an indicator of a random fault in the vauxhall astra. I then seemed to lose power and the car wouldnt go past 40 no matter how much i tried to accelerate.

Any ideas?

Wait to July.
Burn it.
Tell the insurance company you were hi-jacked.
Collect Insurance money.

tyrone girl

Why even bother trying to be an asshole? If you cant add something constructive then dont add anything at all!!!

Tony Baloney

Probably egr valve. Wife had her heart broke with old Zafira.

tyrone girl

Funny a woman in work just mentioned she had a Zafira and the same thing broke her heart.
I did read somewhere that you can have them taken out of the car altogether. Not sure how right that is.

I dont want to be stuck with a car thats gonna constantly do the same thing. I cant even get the benefit of driving it down the motorway to blow away all the crap as its automatic with no option to rev in a lower gear.

Last Man

Quote from: tyrone girl on April 26, 2018, 11:39:22 AM
Funny a woman in work just mentioned she had a Zafira and the same thing broke her heart.
I did read somewhere that you can have them taken out of the car altogether. Not sure how right that is.

I dont want to be stuck with a car thats gonna constantly do the same thing. I cant even get the benefit of driving it down the motorway to blow away all the crap as its automatic with no option to rev in a lower gear.
Don't you have a "+" and "-" option on your auto box? or just "D"?

tyrone girl

There actually is a + and - down beside the d. Not sure what that meant though. I thought could only switch to manual if it was a semi automatic.

Jeepers Creepers

Take the car out for a good run.

tyrone girl

Have done that at the weekend twice. Went up and down the motorway on friday night and sunday.

Last Man

Quote from: tyrone girl on April 26, 2018, 11:44:34 AM
There actually is a + and - down beside the d. Not sure what that meant though. I thought could only switch to manual if it was a semi automatic.
Pull it into D, Then push the stick to the left, it will hold the gear until you push the stick back or forward. Push forward for a higher gear, pull back for a lower gear. Bit like a rally car, yous Tyrone women would know about that.

Milltown Row2

Stop filling it with red or green!!!!!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 26, 2018, 12:00:37 PM

A fill of red diesel and a good diesel additive works a treat after a bad fill of fuel. Red is the best kinda fuel for your car unless its a petrol.

Taylor

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 26, 2018, 12:53:19 PM

A fill of red diesel and a good diesel additive works a treat after a bad fill of fuel. Red is the best kinda fuel for your car unless its a petrol.

Thanks slab

paddyjohn

Quote from: Taylor on April 26, 2018, 01:00:25 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on April 26, 2018, 12:53:19 PM

Thanks slab

Always here to help chief..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: tyrone girl on April 26, 2018, 11:39:22 AM

I believe the EGR can be removed and blanked off.