Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: fitzroyalty on August 22, 2012, 06:13:52 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on August 22, 2012, 03:46:43 PM
From experience I'd agree with Hardstation. Worked in Insurance for 5 years, and part of it covering Belfast. The % of claims were there was no Personal injury was nearly Zero regardless of the level of impact. So I'd be expecting a "nice" letter in the post from a solicitor informing you of your negligence.

Was there any passengers involved?
No passengers involved. That's what I'm now expecting. What are my options, for when this letter comes, level of impact was less than what you'd get at the bumper cars in Portrush.

Did you ever get the letter?

omagh_gael

My car failed the MOT and I am booking it in for retest. It says you have 21 days to get it retested, however, the first day available for a retest in my local centre is Saturday. ThT would be the 21st day...will this be OK or would they view Friday as being the 21st day? Hope this makes sense.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: omagh_gael on December 02, 2013, 08:28:06 PM
My car failed the MOT and I am booking it in for retest. It says you have 21 days to get it retested, however, the first day available for a retest in my local centre is Saturday. ThT would be the 21st day...will this be OK or would they view Friday as being the 21st day? Hope this makes sense.

Phone everyday and see if you can get a cancellation, or try another centre. But ask the MOT centre they should tell you
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Norf Tyrone

Stupid question, mostly as I know nowt about cars.

What is the technical name for the foam cover that sits at the base of where the engine compartment is. It's roughly the shape and size of the bonnet and is used to muffle the engine noise.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

sensethetone

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 20, 2014, 08:44:13 PM

What is the technical name for the foam cover that sits at the base of where the engine compartment is. It's roughly the shape and size of the bonnet and is used to muffle the engine noise.
sound suppression?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: sensethetone on October 20, 2014, 09:37:16 PM

sound suppression?

Could be. I'll check. Thanks.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Last Man

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 20, 2014, 10:34:33 PM
Quote from: sensethetone on October 20, 2014, 09:37:16 PM

sound suppression?

Could be. I'll check. Thanks.
"Belly pan", in some mechanics lingo.

Owen Brannigan

Any recommendations for a good car body shop in Belfast to repair a rear door on a relatively new car keyed by some lowlife?

stew

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 16, 2017, 09:00:28 PM
Any recommendations for a good car body shop in Belfast to repair a rear door on a relatively new car keyed by some lowlife?

Sorry for your troubles Owen, that is disgusting.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rois

I'm getting the name of one tomorrow in north Belfast, arrived back at Dublin airport this afternoon to find 3 long scratches on the back of mine. No idea how it could have happened as it was a surface car park with plenty of space, didn't look like it was backed into.
I'll let you know when I get the number. My sister has used someone frequently!

illdecide

Guys was changing the glow plugs in my Toyota and 3 of them cam out easily, in fact the forth came out just as easy as the rest only the carbon tip didn't come out with it. There is about 20-25mm of the top of the glow plug still in engine block...HELP!!!
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

GJL

Quote from: illdecide on September 16, 2017, 09:57:02 PM
Guys was changing the glow plugs in my Toyota and 3 of them cam out easily, in fact the forth came out just as easy as the rest only the carbon tip didn't come out with it. There is about 20-25mm of the top of the glow plug still in engine block...HELP!!!

Oh shit! Not an easy fix. Head has to come off I doubt.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: stew on September 16, 2017, 09:34:48 PM

Thanks Stew, actually it is my son's car, he found it keyed after he returned to it in the morning after night duty in the Mater Hospital and the car was in the hospital car park.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 17, 2017, 09:33:42 AM

Thanks Stew, actually it is my son's car, he found it keyed after he returned to it in the morning after night duty in the Mater Hospital and the car was in the hospital car park.
Don't f**k with another man's vehicle. It's just against the rules.

Some bastard dented my door in a car park and rubbed some sort on it to cover it up. As the rest of the car was clean it drew my attention to it. Careless pricks although less infuriating than some vermin deliberately keying a car.

Rois

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 17, 2017, 09:33:42 AM

There is def a place on Antrim Road within walking distance of the Mater. I'll send details later when I get the number.