Will the greens pull the plug?

Started by rossie mad, October 09, 2009, 01:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rossie mad

Semingly in the next hour if agreement isnt reached between the two goverment parties on the programme for goverment, gormley and ryan are resigning their ministerial posts and this will more than likely mean that the party members will vote to leave goverment tomorrow.

The greens are seemingly standing firm on issues such as a total ban on so called blood sports including hare coursing and saying no to health and eduacation cuts.

What will be the outcome?
Will we be voting for a new goverment soon?

deiseach

The suspense is killing me. Come on treehuggers, give us an election!

Farrandeelin

I have a feeling in me all week that they will pull out. Not that it'll bolster their own chances but I think we'll be voting soon. I might be totally wrong though...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

deiseach

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 09, 2009, 01:41:13 PM
I have a feeling in me all week that they will pull out. Not that it'll bolster their own chances but I think we'll be voting soon. I might be totally wrong though...

The fact that John O'Donoghue hasn't resigned yet suggested there was a problem in the coalition.

Recession sucks, but it makes for exciting elections.

Shamrock Shore

Greens will pull the plug.

They've been in cabinet long enough to secure Ministerial pensions for the lads and they will exit, claim high moral ground, and just about retain existing seats (although Chemical Cuffe is dodgy in Dun Laoghaire seeing as we've lost a seat from 5 to 4) in the upcoming Nov 09 General Election.

That is all.

oakleafgael

Quote from: rossie mad on October 09, 2009, 01:13:34 PM
The greens are seemingly standing firm on issues such as a total ban on so called blood sports including hare coursing and saying no to health and eduacation cuts.

If the greens try and insist on a ban on blood sports including hare coursing then the goverment will fall regardless as the rural TD's in FF have recently been left in little doubt they will be out on their ear if they agree to it.

Zapatista

Ooohh the drama.

Won't believe anything untill I see it happen. This could be more throwing shapes than anything else. The greens will cave and agree with their betters. They might get the position vacated by JOD to ensure they can return atleast one TD. I'd say this is more about political survival than a program for Government being debated.

deiseach

Quote from: oakleafgael on October 09, 2009, 02:04:34 PM
If the greens try and insist on a ban on blood sports including hare coursing then the goverment will fall regardless as the rural TD's in FF have recently been left in little doubt they will be out on their ear if they agree to it.

Well spotted. You're right, you can dip your hand in as many tills as you like but God forbid you take away the right to tear rabbits apart!

heineken_on_tap

Do the greens really want an election themselves? No more than the PD's they could be wiped out if they have to face an election.

I'd say they will find a compromise and remain in Government. It will be interesting to see what they get FF to give them to remain in Government. We could all be looking for electric cars next week :)

oakleafgael

Quote from: deiseach on October 09, 2009, 02:07:45 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on October 09, 2009, 02:04:34 PM

Well spotted. You're right, you can dip your hand in as many tills as you like but God forbid you take away the right to tear rabbits apart!

Deiseach,

Your reply doesnt really deserve a response but humour me and tell me where are these rabbits torn apart?

rossie mad

I honestly think we will be voting in a general election within the next twelve months but im unsure whether or not it will be so soon.

The grassroots of the greens will have been very vocal to their TD's the last two months and i suspect that if agreement isnt reached on a lot of issues close to the green party,then we may be voting soon.

I dont think the opposition of fine gael and labour really want to have an election before a budget is announced as they dont want to be the bringer of bad news.

personally id vote for fianna fail again simply because i think the only politician on the other side of the house worth his salt is richard bruton. in fact i think he is one of the better politicians in dail eireann. the rest wouldnt run a race in my eyes never mind a goverment.

the lot that are there now are the best of a bad lot.

deiseach

Quote from: oakleafgael on October 09, 2009, 02:10:41 PM
Deiseach,

Your reply doesnt really deserve a response but humour me and tell me where are these rabbits torn apart?

Sorry. Should have said hares ;)

Zapatista

Quote from: rossie mad on October 09, 2009, 02:20:21 PM

personally id vote for fianna fail again simply because i think the only politician on the other side of the house worth his salt is richard bruton. in fact i think he is one of the better politicians in dail eireann. the rest wouldnt run a race in my eyes never mind a goverment.

And so the FF campaign of discrediting the opposition begins again. Lets not get this poster mixed up with those we often think are so stupid they shouldn't be allowed to vote, this is nothing other than FF at work. This is not your everyday floating voter this is a voter at the heart of FF.

heineken_on_tap

Quote from: Zapatista on October 09, 2009, 02:31:48 PM

And so the FF campaign of discrediting the opposition begins again. Lets not get this poster mixed up with those we often think are so stupid they shouldn't be allowed to vote, this is nothing other than FF at work. This is not your everyday floating voter this is a voter at the heart of FF.

Sure the lad is only giving his opinion, noithing wrong with that. I am sure the rest of are smart enough to make up our own minds.

Gnevin

What would it take for you too vote against FF. At the moment a shit throwing  chimp couldn't do worse than FF.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.