Laois Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 25, 2022, 03:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blow-in

The referee scenario for Sundays games is strange. Let's hope it's not a talking point come Sunday evening

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Batman!!! on October 07, 2022, 11:30:26 AM
The referee scenario for Sundays games is strange. Let's hope it's not a talking point come Sunday evening

What's strange about it???
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Spiritof86

I'd say Cooney would know all those lads individually on both teams and particularly Port . Didn't he manage Port before he became a referee ?

Silkyskillssunshinee

Thought Cooney reffed Port v PL semi very well and it led to a hard-hitting and physical contest, which is was ye want. We well all be hoping these two sides serve up an end to end game like they did in the second round and I think Cooney is the right man for the job here.

Blow-in

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on October 07, 2022, 01:54:07 PM
Quote from: Batman!!! on October 07, 2022, 11:30:26 AM

What's strange about it???

Former Port manager. If memory is right he was the manager before Martin Murphy

Spiritof86

Yeah he was part of a joint management team

Spiritof86

Helix.

Portarlington to do what Clough Ballacolla did last week a 3 in a row and leave their best performance of the season for the final.
Portarlington by 6 points.

Portlaoise to win the junior A curtain raiser just about.

Robbo

From talking to people and seeing some of the posts here iv changed my mind.
Going with port by 4. Pitch will be heavy which has to play into there hands.

Surely no truth to zack tuohy rumour?

The PRO

Gmac

42 years since o ds won a final and I was at, it think they get another one today by 2

SCFC

Don't see a junior championship thread but it was a very flat final. Nothing against Portlaoise but it was a very soulless thing to see them easing to victory and barely raising a cheer. Just imagine what a win would have meant to a small club like Barrowhouse.
I think there should be a separate championship for second and third teams.

Gmac

Quote from: Gmac on October 09, 2022, 03:09:46 PM
42 years since o ds won a final and I was at, it think they get another one today by 2
I meant port by 22

Laoiseabu

Robbo

Devastatingly brilliant.

Murphy timed the year too perfection. Workmanlike early but have built a head of steam and look like theyre ready to go hard at leinster. Heard them saying it us likeyl to be shelmallirrs away. Not easy by any means but Id fully expect Port to come through.