Laois Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 25, 2022, 03:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toomanygaels

https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/local-news/904578/anything-other-than-the-delaney-cup-is-a-failure-the-big-interview-with-graiguecullen-manager-kevin-doogue.html

Don't know Kevin personally but he sure could do with a few basic tips on management after doing an interview like that this week.

Jd

Graigue have very little to be sick about. Bar the missed penalty Courtwood were by far the better taem . Missed 5 or 6 easy frees struck the post twice. An old fella in front of me said thea if courtwood were bet it was their own fault. Ballyroan unlucky . Ref should have given them a chance to get a shot off before he blew it up i think

Onepop

63mins when he blew the final whistle. They were moving in on goal then the guy with the ball started showboating and was going out the field. Dead right to blew it up

SCFC

Quote from: Onepop on September 11, 2022, 09:20:17 PM
63mins when he blew the final whistle. They were moving in on goal then the guy with the ball started showboating and was going out the field. Dead right to blew it up
Agreed. He gave them the chance. Marty Scully wouldn't take on the shot. Port will improve you'd imagine. Bracken's injury reduces their midfield dominance a lot.
In the other game, CW were far better but kicked a lot of wides to keep Graigue in it. Hit the post twice too although it should also be pointed out that Timmons missed penalty and only a brilliant last ditch tackle from Collins ugochukwu denied Brian Byrne a goal. Tyrell was very good.

The PRO

Graigue and Josephs coming up short yet again. We really shouldn't be surprised. Clubs with far less numbers and resources seem to have more fight in the belly when the chips are down.
Port will hardly beat Portlaoise as easily as last year's county final the way both are playing? Still, it's Port's to loose.
The other semi should be close. Nice to see either of them in the final. If you'd offered both of them the scenario they are in this morning at the start of the year, they'd have jumped at it.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Toomanygaels on September 11, 2022, 05:48:10 PM
https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/local-news/904578/anything-other-than-the-delaney-cup-is-a-failure-the-big-interview-with-graiguecullen-manager-kevin-doogue.html

Don't know Kevin personally but he sure could do with a few basic tips on management after doing an interview like that this week.

I wouldn't know him either but I think picking one little throwaway phrase in a long interview and using it as the headline didn't reflect the interview as a whole.

A lot of this "pin it on the dressing room wall" stuff is a bit overrated but teams are always looking some edge to hang on to. I know Courtwood didn't like being written off by virtually everyone but it's easy be wise after the event. Our form had been pretty poor up until yesterday to be fair.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Toomanygaels

That's all true Hesh. Graiguecullen have failed to perform the last number of years when the pressure came on. Doing an interview like that last week would only take the players minds off the game.

quote author=Heshs Umpire link=topic=30675.msg2149351#msg2149351 date=1662977351]
Quote from: Toomanygaels on September 11, 2022, 05:48:10 PM

I wouldn't know him either but I think picking one little throwaway phrase in a long interview and using it as the headline didn't reflect the interview as a whole.

A lot of this "pin it on the dressing room wall" stuff is a bit overrated but teams are always looking some edge to hang on to. I know Courtwood didn't like being written off by virtually everyone but it's easy be wise after the event. Our form had been pretty poor up until yesterday to be fair.
[/quote]

town1980

Is it junior B or C your club is? Don't worry you won't be involved in the big stuff for a long time  ;)

Jd

Portlaoise look a different team this year and seem to be driven differently. Brody adds a complete different dimension to them and appears to be really on his game. ....... Billy may get him back in. Port just did enough but I think may have a bit more left to come. O Ds looked poor enough but still found a way. Have very dangerous forwards if the game is loose but still needed an agricultural high ball in to the big man to escape. Courtwood are well organised and committed. They get matchups right but need a couple more scoring forwards. I'd imagine that theyll be looking forward to this given that ODs put 7 goals past them the last time they met in championshio

High Fielder

It remains between Port and Portlaoise and that's the way it always looked. You'd imagine Port have another gear but I don't like the disruption. Players coming back in and not committing to the county set up. If they do have bigger ambitions, and you'd hope they do, you would have thought learning lessons from Portlaoise would have been wise. For that reason, I wouldn't be surprised if Portlaoise robbed them. Port have the best panel in Laois though, without doubt

Laois fan

Two semi final pairings which should be feisty with alot of niggle,agree with most in that Port have another gear still just depends on if they can get to it.Will Lillis and swayne be right for portlaois

Spiritof86

Niall Dunne from Courtwood has to be given opportunity with the county next year . Brody would be a huge addition if he committed but can't see it happening.
Two very tasty Semi finals on the way . Seán O'Flynn is in serious form at half back . Interesting to see who picks him up from O'Dempseys next day out .

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Jd on September 13, 2022, 09:38:03 AM
Portlaoise look a different team this year and seem to be driven differently. Brody adds a complete different dimension to them and appears to be really on his game. ....... Billy may get him back in. Port just did enough but I think may have a bit more left to come. O Ds looked poor enough but still found a way. Have very dangerous forwards if the game is loose but still needed an agricultural high ball in to the big man to escape. Courtwood are well organised and committed. They get matchups right but need a couple more scoring forwards. I'd imagine that theyll be looking forward to this given that ODs put 7 goals past them the last time they met in championshio

Speaking of scoring forwards for Courtwood Alan Kinsella is a HUGE loss. Luke Doran , Luke Doyle and potentially Rory Doyle or Matt Kelly would be nice attacking options if they added them back to the panel

SCFC

Quote from: Laoiseabu on September 13, 2022, 01:32:50 PM
Quote from: Jd on September 13, 2022, 09:38:03 AM

Speaking of scoring forwards for Courtwood Alan Kinsella is a HUGE loss. Luke Doran , Luke Doyle and potentially Rory Doyle or Matt Kelly would be nice attacking options if they added them back to the panel
Kinsella and Rory Doyle both had cruciate injuries. They should have both of them next year. Kelly must be 37 or 38 so probably finished up as a senior player.
Don't know about the two Lukes.