Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd p

Quote from: Phoenix rising on August 12, 2022, 08:51:42 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on August 10, 2022, 09:13:12 AM
The two big games of the weekend are in division 1b tomorrow. RGU v Loughinisland and Ford v Carryduff. Looking at the last round of fixtures I imagine that these four teams could win the last round so it means this weekend is so vital. Carryduff will really want to cement their safety to bed this weekend so I fear for Bryansford.
The games should be streamed by the clubs as they are so important.

The division one team all the forum experts continuously wrote off have 19 points - doesn't look like they are going away
Could still go down if Rostrevor beat them and RGU win though yes? Loughinisland now mathematically safe after tonight's win.

Phoenix rising

Never realised that....be a shame to drop down on 19 points

Square Ball

So, we are in Division 1 next season, made it hard for ourselves after our start, but got there in the end. First time in 40 odd years. Many of us have been following the seniors in Divs, 4,3,2 and now Div1, been  from St Paul's to St Michel's and everywhere in-between watching , really looking forward to going to Clonduff, Kilcoo, Mayobridge and the rest to watch us in a senior football game. Bredagh Abu
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

supersub

Quote from: urbangael on August 11, 2022, 02:07:32 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on August 11, 2022, 01:59:42 PM
Quote from: urbangael on August 11, 2022, 01:24:21 PM
I see Shamrocks and Drumgath have both been promoted into Div 2 and play a league final tomorrow night.  Any players from either side that could possibly make the county panel?
I'd say Lavery will look in all 4 divisions and maybe hold trials a bit like the Tyrone set up.

Shea McConville has potential but needs to bulk up,  Gough is playing well and a young player Gorman has caught the eye when I saw them play this year. Conor will hopefully look further than Loughisland for players unlike other managers.

Gough was tried before if memory serves me correct.  Not sure how he performed. McConville probably isn't the only one that needs S&C.. lots of players round the county could benefit from this.  The transformation in the physical make up of Armagh and Derry in particular in the last 2 yrs has been massive.  No doubt CL will have the right man working on this from early on.

In fairness a lot of the 'S&C' onus should be/is on the player themselves if they want to breech county standard physicality. Obviously the input from a club or county coach is vital but there has to be a willingness and understanding from within in the first instance. The Tyrone and Dublin lads weren't waiting round for someone to tell them to get to the gym I'm sure.

TakeTheMark

Quote from: Square Ball on August 12, 2022, 10:02:56 PM
So, we are in Division 1 next season, made it hard for ourselves after our start, but got there in the end. First time in 40 odd years. Many of us have been following the seniors in Divs, 4,3,2 and now Div1, been  from St Paul's to St Michel's and everywhere in-between watching , really looking forward to going to Clonduff, Kilcoo, Mayobridge and the rest to watch us in a senior football game. Bredagh Abu
Congratulations. Looks like you also have the chance to go up as champions on Tuesday too, I think a draw is enough?

Lloyd p

Can anyone confirm that the only 2 teams that can go down from division 1 now that haven't already been relegated is RGU and Bryansford based on Loughinisland and carryduff having better H2H than RGU? But if Ford win on Tuesday they are safe regardless

Square Ball

Quote from: TakeTheMark on August 13, 2022, 10:35:00 AM
Quote from: Square Ball on August 12, 2022, 10:02:56 PM
Congratulations. Looks like you also have the chance to go up as champions on Tuesday too, I think a draw is enough?

Looks like it, our previous game with Longstone was a draw, so if two team end up on same points, it's games against eachother, then after that score difference. Ours is +73 theirs is +62.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Down Follower

Quote from: Lloyd p on August 13, 2022, 11:29:59 AM
Can anyone confirm that the only 2 teams that can go down from division 1 now that haven't already been relegated is RGU and Bryansford based on Loughinisland and carryduff having better H2H than RGU? But if Ford win on Tuesday they are safe regardless

That is correct. There are various scenarios depending on results with the most common outcome being downpatrick going down.
Bryansford can be caught however if rostrevor beat them and dpatrick win.

Truth hurts

Well done to Bredagh, they are a fantastic club and Cherryvale is a vibrant centre for GAA in the city. Bredagh seem to have a strong underage setup as well so they fully deserve all the success. Next year division 1 will have 5 East and South teams. Division 2 next year is going to be very strong. Castlewellan had more in fighting last week mainly off-field matters but they are a championship side and could be dangerous in that. Rostrevor has picked up form and they won't lie down to the Ford tomorrow, they will definitely want to continue their good form coming into the championship. Downpatrick is in trouble and needs results to go their way. With the players they have they shouldn't be a yoyo club but the country clubs seem to have more bite than them over the course of the season. They were missing key personnel but so was every team.

TakeTheMark

does anyone have the senior championship fixtures? the website put up the rgu and an riocht fixture last wednesday but the other seven matches all still say tbc even this morning

Truth hurts

Can anyone tell me is next season or the following season that the big teams are allowed to enter reserve teams into the all-county leagues??

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 15, 2022, 02:33:47 PM
Can anyone tell me is next season or the following season that the big teams are allowed to enter reserve teams into the all-county leagues??
Je-us,you ask some stupid questions.

SamFever

Quote from: TakeTheMark on August 15, 2022, 12:15:04 PM
does anyone have the senior championship fixtures? the website put up the rgu and an riocht fixture last wednesday but the other seven matches all still say tbc even this morning
Glenn v Bredagh   
SFC   
Liatroim   7.00pm   

Clann na Banna v Annaclone   IFC   
Mayobridge 7.00pm   

Loughinisland v Castlewellan   SFC   
Darragh Cross 7.00pm   

26/08/2022   

Bright v Drumgath   
IFC   
Dromara 7.00pm   

Cill Chua v Clonduff   
SFC   
Pairc Esler   7.30pm   

27/08/2022   

Atticall v Aughlisnafin   IFC   
Glasdrumman 2.00pm   

Tullylish v Darragh Cross   IFC   
Kilcoo 7.00pm   

RGU Downpatrick v An Riocht   SFC   
St Patricks Park   5.00pm   

Liatroim v Rostrevor   IFC   
Pairc Esler   6.00pm   

28/08/2022   
Saval v St Paul's   
IFC   
Castlewellan 1.00pm   

St John Bosco v Ballymartin   IFC   
Rostrevor 1.00pm   

Ballyholland v Longstone   SFC   
An Riocht   3.00pm   

Cumann Pheadair Naofa v Saul   SFC   
Clonduff 6.00pm   

Carryduff v Bryansford   SFC   
Downpatrick 6.00pm   

29/08/2022   

St John's v Newry Shamrocks   IFC   
St Patricks Park   7.00pm   

Burren v Mayobridge   SFC   
Pairc Esler   7.30pm

charlieTully

Quote from: wobbller on August 15, 2022, 03:48:56 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on August 15, 2022, 02:33:47 PM
Je-us,you ask some stupid questions.

Its a common enough practice in other counties.