Podcasts

Started by Soup an Samajiz, November 06, 2015, 09:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Couldn't be arsed scrolling back but the Louis Theroux podcast with Nick Cave was very good.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 11, 2023, 11:19:21 PM
Couldn't be arsed scrolling back but the Louis Theroux podcast with Nick Cave was very good.
Have you listened to all of them? I saw the first episode advertised and I thought that don't impress me much*.

*Sorry.  :-[ I'll definitely give the Nick Cave one a rattle.

J70

Quote from: paddyjohn on June 15, 2023, 10:36:58 AM
Quote from: ClubScene13 on June 15, 2023, 10:16:59 AM
He's a bit of a wet wipe and a mediocre commentator, gets a bye ball for these podcasts when the guests are what make it. He's good at interviewing but I reckon many a man would be with that calibre of guest.

At least he's not Sidebottom

A bit harsh on him to be fair.

I enjoy Niblock's manner and delivery. I think he's very good at that job and clearly very passionate about the GAA.

Good back and forth with him and McConville too.

snoopdog

Love the social.  Could do a bit more on Down though.   Life's good every 2 minutes is only rubbing most of us mere mortals noses in it. 

omagh_gael

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 12, 2023, 12:41:43 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 11, 2023, 11:19:21 PM
Have you listened to all of them? I saw the first episode advertised and I thought that don't impress me much*.

*Sorry.  :-[ I'll definitely give the Nick Cave one a rattle.

That's a very niche joke there Tony!!

Aye, some very underwhelming guests, Craig David ffs! The Nick Cave one was fantastic.

Mourne Red

Not a podcast but Gary Nevilles interview with Dele Alli is very good but tough listen. Never know what is happening/happened in the background to people. Link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyDL9EUIdy0

Snapchap

OK can anyone please fire up any good recommendations PLEASE lol (outside of GAA ones - I think we all have our own favourites in that genre by now)

Since I listened to 'The Witness', everything else has been a let down! Anything I listen to now I have to wait a week between episodes so I'm in the market for something that I've missed up to now, that I can binge on. Anything in the line of:

- In depth interviews (I like Louis Theroux but looking through his list of guests on his new podcast series and I think I've only heard of two if his guests and neither of them interest me in the slightest!)
- True Crime (enjoy ones that have an interesting story/level of mystery/intrigue/infamy etc rather than ones that go into graphic detail about random brutal murders)
- Documentaries
- True stories (eg The Witness)
- Astronomy (13 minutes to the moon was good but I haven't come across anything either as good or better yet)
- Paranormal (Stumbled on the 'Uncanny' series on bbc sounds and actually quite enjoyed it!)
- History (Big fan of The Irish History Podcast and Revolutionary Ireland and quite liked Real Dictators)
- Science (enjoy Infinite Monkey Cage)

Kidder81

The rest is history very good, there are about 400 episodes so obviously you can pick and choose what areas you are interested in. Good recent 3 part one on the Easter Rising and that period, with Paul Rouse as a guest

J70

History Hit have a variety of series looking at different periods of history.

Dan Snow's one in particular is good.

One of the best series I've done overall was the BBC's 13 Minutes To The Moon about the Apollo program. Brilliantly done, lots of interviews with people who were involved.

Snapchap

Thanks for those Kidder81/J70

Hereiam

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 20, 2023, 10:37:54 AM
The rest is history very good, there are about 400 episodes so obviously you can pick and choose what areas you are interested in. Good recent 3 part one on the Easter Rising and that period, with Paul Rouse as a guest

Listened to these while footin the turf in the bog....were very good.

gallsman

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 20, 2023, 10:37:54 AM

Big fan of it. They quickly followed the Home Rule/1916 series with a coupleon Oscar Wilde that I found fascinating as well.

Kidder81

With a days notice, bizarre. You would think they were doing ok with ad revenue cos the shows were littered with ads, it's not worth €10 though. Too much guff and average presenters

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 08, 2023, 11:02:04 PM
With a days notice, bizarre. You would think they were doing ok with ad revenue cos the shows were littered with ads, it's not worth €10 though. Too much guff and average presenters
24 hours notice is ridiculous tbh