Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Snapchap on June 15, 2023, 08:39:58 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on June 15, 2023, 07:54:38 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 15, 2023, 07:30:04 AM
Niblock with another powerful podcast on way

The best one yet ?

Will the reaction to it be phenomenal?

Heartfelt, should you feel the need to reach out after hearing something that may affect your mental wellbeing there are links below
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Snapchap on June 15, 2023, 08:39:58 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on June 15, 2023, 07:54:38 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 15, 2023, 07:30:04 AM
Niblock with another powerful podcast on way

The best one yet ?

Will the reaction to it be phenomenal?

You'll laugh. You'll cry. But youll be a better person after it

ClubScene13

He's a bit of a wet wipe and a mediocre commentator, gets a bye ball for these podcasts when the guests are what make it. He's good at interviewing but I reckon many a man would be with that calibre of guest.

At least he's not Sidebottom

paddyjohn

Quote from: ClubScene13 on June 15, 2023, 10:16:59 AM
He's a bit of a wet wipe and a mediocre commentator, gets a bye ball for these podcasts when the guests are what make it. He's good at interviewing but I reckon many a man would be with that calibre of guest.

A bit harsh on him to be fair.

imtommygunn

He gets paid a good living to talk about football and sports. We're all probably a bit envious.

quit yo jibbajabba

Ach i dont mind him tbh. Good Derry man end of day 😃

Think in general what irks is that everyones searching for a "moment" on these things, the soccers the same. Big love in between commentators and the analysts. Lads. Football lads. All great lads. Bants.

Im rambling 😃

square_ball

Ah Niblock is OK imo there's worse out there than him on the podcast scene. He has his wee annoying quirks in commentary but commentary is a tough gig and he's better than Canning or Morrissey on RTE.

Just as someone mentioned Sidebottom where has he gone to? I haven't seen him at all on the BBC this year.

JoG2

Quote from: paddyjohn on June 15, 2023, 10:36:58 AM
Quote from: ClubScene13 on June 15, 2023, 10:16:59 AM

A bit harsh on him to be fair.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then it's a negative Tyrone hooer.

The Social is a superb podcast and Niblock is a great interviewer, Oisin a very able sidekick.

(any man says 'welcome to the board Thomas', I'll hunt ye down!)

JimStynes

We love hating people who start doing well for themselves. As bad as the English.

Truth hurts

Thomas is excellent, its the best podcast going.

Keep up the good work

statto

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 15, 2023, 01:17:18 PM
Thomas is excellent, its the best podcast going.

Keep up the good work
+1

Dubh driocht

An excellent interview with Willie Anderson, well worth listening to. A perfect example of what we Gaels should be doing to prepare for a new Ireland.

JohnDenver

Quote from: Dubh driocht on June 16, 2023, 11:22:27 AM
An excellent interview with Willie Anderson, well worth listening to. A perfect example of what we Gaels should be doing to prepare for a new Ireland.

That would have been 30 odd years ago roughly Willie got involved with GAA and sent his children to the loup. Fair play to him especially at that time and dealing with any fall out or bad mouthing from those within his own "community". He was able to see the benefits of the community as a whole regardless of religion, and the benefits of being involved in team sports and a community association which the GAA is.

That's why sometimes is annoys me that the GAA has to "reach out" as such, (not saying this is what you mean Dubh driocht) because I would say the vast majority of clubs are more than welcoming to all sorts. There is plenty of families within GAA clubs that don't get on but they still put the shoulder to the wheel for the betterment of the club and local area.  The same approach would apply to those of different denominations, nationalities, race.

Willie probably touched on it with regards to the schools. Pushing Rugby and GAA in all schools (he wasn't too worried about soccer  ;D ) but I suppose we are still a bit away from society removing itself from the catholic primary schools etc.

tiempo

"seagulls are flying about and life couldn't be better" definitely drink taken prior to the latest installment of Tommy Nibs GAA Social

Louther

Is Thomas contractually obliged he mention he went to the Munster hurling final every podcast? With Sambo of course!