Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: shark on July 08, 2019, 02:40:28 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 08, 2019, 01:12:37 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 08, 2019, 11:23:26 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 08, 2019, 10:33:54 AM
Quote from: lenny on July 07, 2019, 10:11:14 PM
Dublin hurlers beat by Laois. Can anyone tell me how the money is divided in Dublin. Do the hurlers get no money? I would assume it's 50/50 with the football but I'm not sure. Where is the dominance in hurling for Dublin if it's all to do with money.

Gym bunnies with an army of dieticians, shrinks, video analysts and all the rest does not a hurler make.

Dublin hurling hasn't dominated the underage hurling competitions like they have in football. The skill factor may be at play here.

8)

They tend to lose their better hurlers to football. Culture is not there. Play their fair share of away games. Galway entering Leinster has not helped. Still making excellent progress despite those barriers, without the funding they would be McDonagh.

Barring the Cuala lad who is an out and out fine hurler and a forward to boot, who else would add anything to them?

Cormac Costello and Ciaran Kilkenny were outstanding underage hurlers. No idea if they still play club, but I presume they do.

I think I saw both play in a minor semi-final in 2011 IIRC and yes, both looked good against Waterford and bloody physically well conditioned for 18 year olds.
Was impressed with their cornerback in the final which they lost, Lowndes is it, is he also on the football panel. He'd tidy hands on him.
Don't think they managed to win a minor final as yet.

manfromdelmonte

Colaiste Eoin had a few great hurling teams and really put it up to the Kilkenny schools
They seem to have fallen back again though

Dinny Breen

So Dublin have the first of their two home games in a row this weekend in the Super 8 and the referee is Dublin based David Gough. Any other sport in any other country and you would be laughed out the door.  A complete and utter farce.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

And €20 on the terrace, €25 every where else  >:(
Laois spoiled the party in the hurley stuff though.
Meanwhile Cork have to travel to Croke Park Saturday, Sunday and the following Saturday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Rossfan on July 11, 2019, 10:38:21 AM
Laous spoiled the party in the hurley stuff though.
Meanwhile Cork have to travel to Croke Park Saturday, Sunday and the following Saturday.
And if the hurlers beat Kilkenny the Saturday after that too.

macdanger2

TBF, I'm not sure what the GAA could have done about that one, the Cork v KK game was fixed before the footballers qualified AFAIK. In hindisght, you might be able to make a double header with those two and put the Tipp v Laois in Kilkenny.

kerryforsam19

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 11, 2019, 10:34:22 AM
So Dublin have the first of their two home games in a row this weekend in the Super 8 and the referee is Dublin based David Gough. Any other sport in any other country and you would be laughed out the door.  A complete and utter farce.

Ridiculous stuff. Kevin Mcmanaman manager in Judes at minor. Gough missed blatant free in 2016 for foul on Crowley

kerryforsam19

Laois spoiled the party in the hurley stuff though.

Cork football supporters only show for kerry/cork games and all Ireland finals.

Hound

Insinuating David Gough will be biased or cheat because is lives in Dublin is a brain dead Spewanism.

Next you'll be saying the Kildare lads who live and work in Dublin shouldn't play against the Dubs because all culchies who come to Dublin fall in love with the Super Dubs 😍

kerryforsam19

Quote from: Hound on July 12, 2019, 01:57:29 PM
Insinuating David Gough will be biased or cheat because is lives in Dublin is a brain dead Spewanism.

Next you'll be saying the Kildare lads who live and work in Dublin shouldn't play against the Dubs because all culchies who come to Dublin fall in love with the Super Dubs 😍

In fairness I think Dennis is spot on here.  Kildare had Mick Curley refereeing all their challenge games in 98. We had a legitimate goal disallowed in 98 semi final when you know who was refereeing. But we wont complain as better team won on the day.

From the Bunker

Comments like that are mean spirited and decisive.

kerryforsam19

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 12, 2019, 03:21:12 PM

Comments like that are mean spirited and decisive.

😂😂😂😂

Mayo Border

Any ball flagged wide by the umpires can be easily overturned and a 45 awarded. All Macmenamen has to do is protest a bit

kerryforsam19

Quote from: Mayo Border on July 12, 2019, 03:32:18 PM
Any ball flagged wide by the umpires can be easily overturned and a 45 awarded. All Macmenamen has to do is protest a bit

I hope wont see Cillian Connors at this Sunday Wont have Dublin Joe or Mossy Deegan to back him.

Mayo Border

Quote from: kerryforsam19 on July 12, 2019, 03:34:42 PM
Quote from: Mayo Border link=topic=27376.msg1910128#msg1910128
date=1562941938

I wont be see Cillian Connors at this Sunday Wont have Dublin Joe or Mossy Deegan to back him.
Don't worry you won't