Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

toby47

Anyone hear of anyone being called up to the panel?

I hear McErlean tried call up 2 more of the Slaughtneil contingent but both declined.

The Clones 500

Quote from: toby47 on February 15, 2018, 12:43:52 PM
Anyone hear of anyone being called up to the panel?

I hear McErlean tried call up 2 more of the Slaughtneil contingent but both declined.

I'd drive up to Sean Leo's house in Portstewart with twelve dozen oakleaf roses beg him and his brother Colm (Colm is the closet thing in the county to a bull of an old fashioned 14 put the head down and go for goal take ball,man and all with him) to return. We need experience its all well and good McErlain blooding his troops from the past three minor teams but the situation we now find ourselves in we need players who will mentor these young players, seems to be a real gap in players in their late 20s seasoned county players. Sammy Bradley would be another player we need to add to the panel someone with noose and ball playing ability Sammy would add a little x Factor, he would stand out a mile in the current Derry panel as its seems we currently are only a a team of hard runners - i dont know where scores are coming from. From the first two league games we have been living off scraps from James Kielt free kicks. Every one used to laugh 'We'll never win nothing with the Bradley's' well at least the Bradleys could score five points from play, who can do that that now???
c'mon Derry ya boys ya!

Wildweasel74

Derry have been on the slide since big Tohill retired end of 2003! The bradleys added alot of scoring power along with Muldoon and a young Lynch and we remotely havent anything to match them at the minute!

restorepride

With a stated ambition of utilising U20 players throughout the league there are first senior squad places for Ballinascreen's Aaron Bradley and the pacey Bellaghy, Wolfe Tone's attacker, Declan Cassidy.
Having come up short in their previous two league games, Derry's players will know that Sunday's game is a vital one in what is a tough and competitive division.

Derry (v Offaly): Oran Hartin; Michael McEvoy, Kevin Johnston, Ruairi Mooney; Michael Bateson, Carlus McWilliams, Conor Doherty; Conor McAtamney, Emmett Bradley; Padraig McGrogan, Enda Lynn (C), Benny Heron; Peter Hagan, Terence O'Brien, Niall Toner. Subs: Ben McKinless, Aaron Bradley, Declan Cassidy, James Kielt, Mark Lynch, Conor McCluskey, Danny Tallon.

shawshank

Is this the same Cassidy Mc Erlean didn't select for his first 15 in the minor semifinal and final, is now assessed as being a county senior, similar to Brown who was selected to play for the seniors st the start of the season, although he couldn't get a starting spot on the same minor team 5 months ago. Is Mc Erlean close to being wise

restorepride

Quote from: shawshank on February 17, 2018, 12:45:05 AM
Is this the same Cassidy Mc Erlean didn't select for his first 15 in the minor semifinal and final, is now assessed as being a county senior, similar to Brown who was selected to play for the seniors st the start of the season, although he couldn't get a starting spot on the same minor team 5 months ago. Is Mc Erlean close to being wise
Yes, same player. It is now getting scary.  Not sure who is advising McErlean at this stage, if anyone.

braveheart

Who is Aaron Bradley? I've never heard of him before-Has he been called up recently?

screenexile

Quote from: braveheart on February 17, 2018, 10:32:51 AM
Who is Aaron Bradley? I've never heard of him before-Has he been called up recently?

He's full back from our minor team last year. He's a very good player he would have been a guaranteed starter for the minors last year only he did his cruciate and was only coming back around the time Derry got past Ulster I think so opted not to join the panel.

Hopefully he gets 10/15 minutes here or there it will be great experience for him.

restorepride

Quote from: screenexile on February 17, 2018, 11:31:09 AM
Quote from: braveheart on February 17, 2018, 10:32:51 AM

He's full back from our minor team last year. He's a very good player he would have been a guaranteed starter for the minors last year only he did his cruciate and was only coming back around the time Derry got past Ulster I think so opted not to join the panel.

Hopefully he gets 10/15 minutes here or there it will be great experience for him.
Out of interest, has he started for Screen seniors yet?

Wildweasel74

The selection of no experienced players onto the panel does not make sense, We all know who they are, and like Derry managers in the past their ignorance not to pick the best players to prove some imaginary discipline line in their head,  Cassidy - P Bradley, Brennan - F Doherty,  McIvor - E bradley, Barton - E & E Bradley,  now the current manager with Danny H and Bell, why cant we try to get all the best players in Derry on the field for a championship year. Derry managers just set themselves up for a hard fall.

Rawhide

Your wrong on Cassidy, he selected Bradley on the panel, Bradley walked off the panel.
cccc is a true supporter lol

restorepride

Quote from: Rawhide on February 17, 2018, 03:38:42 PM
Your wrong on Cassidy, he selected Bradley on the panel, Bradley walked off the panel.
True. Fairly sure he was not on starting 15 v Carlow in qualifier, huffed and did not travel. 

thebuzz

Looks like it was a hard fought victory today but at least we have a couple of points on the board now at long last.

JoG2

We mixed the good with the not so good. Emmet Bradley harnessed his inner Tohill in the 1st qtr with a quick 1-02. McGrogan had a fine game. Lynn must have ran a marathon in very heavy conditions.  Decent enough fair with some good scores, Tallons thunderous point probably the pick. A much needed 2 points