All Ireland Final Replay 1st October 2016 Dublin vs Mayo

Started by Hereiam, September 21, 2016, 10:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Word on street was that internal pressure from certain quarters insisted on goalie switch. Rochford bowed to their pressure.

bcarrier

probably not articulating this well never understand hoe brolly can love the gaa and be so harsh/personal about individuals.

bennydorano

Hate to see late Keeper switches, they create way more bad feeling than an outfield switch & can have terrible results - today being one of those days.

Not as brutal as when Monaghan bypassed the sub keeper to play Hughes in nets in the USFC a few years back!

twohands!!!

Cluxton thanking the Dublin fans for travelling the country to support them  :D :D :D

Comic genius.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Jinxy on October 01, 2016, 07:00:46 PM
Quote from: ashman on October 01, 2016, 06:55:51 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on October 01, 2016, 06:53:19 PM
Maurice Deegan will never have to pay for a pint in Dublin again. Dublin Deegan.

Disagree .  Mayo inflicted their own wounds today .

Deegan was poor but the easy thing for Mayo fans to do now would be to blame him for the loss.
I feel Rochford over thought things for today.
Whatever about making a switch in a strategic outfield position like full-back or centre-back, you don't change your keeper unless you have a very strong reason for doing so.
Kinda agree with you here.
We were in hard luck with a few calls the ref  made but such is the nature of the game today, no referee could be expected to give a flawless performance.
Rochford may have had good reasons for not playing Clarke but if was purely a tactical decision, he'd needs to get his head boiled in piss.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Jinxy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 01, 2016, 07:06:04 PM
Word on street was that internal pressure from certain quarters insisted on goalie switch. Rochford bowed to their pressure.

Please tell me you're joking.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Main Street

Quote from: bennydorano on October 01, 2016, 07:06:28 PM
Hate to see late Keeper switches, they create way more bad feeling than an outfield switch & can have terrible results - today being one of those days.

Not as brutal as when Monaghan bypassed the sub keeper to play Hughes in nets in the USFC a few years back!
;D
Brutal for Armagh that day, they lost by about 25 points.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on October 01, 2016, 07:12:44 PM

Hennelly is a Breaffy lad just like the big hairy Bears so..

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Jinxy on October 01, 2016, 07:12:44 PM

Well, I didn't make it up. could be conspiracy nonsense but we'll wait to see what our Mayo friends say. But at basic level to change your goalie when he had s fine first match is astonishing

armaghniac

Quote from: twohands!!! on October 01, 2016, 07:07:21 PM
Cluxton thanking the Dublin fans for travelling the country to support them  :D :D :D

Comic genius.

Some of them had to travel over 5Km to games!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Schkite

Quote from: bennydorano on October 01, 2016, 07:06:28 PM

At least he had a good game though!

Dinny Breen

The biggest single problem with football is the standard of refereeing and support. That was abysmal refereeing today for both sides I might add. Absolute zero consistency on decisions today. There seems to be zero will to rectify either. The black card is just pure farce at this stage.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

I felt sorry for Maurice today.
It was like he realised about 30 seconds after every decision that he'd got it wrong so it influenced the next decision he made.
Like a domino effect.
He was constantly thinking about what had happened before instead of concentrating on what was happening now.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Halfquarter on October 01, 2016, 02:01:26 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on October 01, 2016, 01:22:07 AM
Ffs lads, if we can't beat these bunch of coddle eating, heroin injecting, rugby playing, union jack waving, howeyehing, ready meal after training, games development officer hogging shower of baaaaastards then we can forget about ourselves as men.

Mayo by 3+

True, but what about the "Process"  ,surely nobody can overcome that. !

The Process strikes back.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Captain Obvious

RTE and others must have watched a different game than me if they thought that scrappy bad tempered contest was incredible. Dublin won because of a better bench and a management team that made less mistakes.

Mayo when they get over this disappointment will know they will be there or thereabouts again next year. Dublins consistency and success is to be admired these last six years however they fall over the line in All Ireland finals without ever impressing.