2019 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship

Started by MasterJ, July 01, 2019, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterJ

We lost to Limerick not because of size but because of wides. We lost by 17 points but hit double Limericks Wides.

blueandwhite1

We are a lot more physical this year but this will be a huge step up. I wouldn't compare the league as it is at a completely different intensity level. If we want to challenge Dublin we will have to close down players and space much more than we did on Sunday. We have been doing that in most matches and hopefully will do so again this weekend. Dublin won't give us an inch of space so we will need to move the ball quickly like we did in the second half against Westmeath in O'Moore Park and again last weekend.

I think the great thing about this weekend is that we will have lots of confidence and the shackles will be off. The likes of Cha and Roddy won't have nearly the same weight of expectation and will be able to express themselves. The just need to absolutely go for it and tear into them defesively and offensively from the start. Stick to the normal game plan and play like demons and there is a chance.

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on July 01, 2019, 09:03:31 PM
Pints last night and probably today ..so little time to recover .

The size of this Dublin team means only one thing I'm afraid

A heavy defeat
I hope I'm wrong  :o
Did you enjoy your day out in Croker? If I recall you werent looking forward to it at all?

G@@

"On Sunday 14 July, the two hurling quarter-finals will take place as a double-header at Croke Park. Kilkenny play the winners of Cork/Westmeath at 2pm while Tipperary face Dublin/Laois at 4pm."

Jesus, that's a fair incentive to beat the Dubs, another day out in Croker!  8)
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

burdizzo

For sure, but there is little to no chance of beating physical, skilful and hard-hitting Tipp.

G@@

Quote from: burdizzo on July 02, 2019, 06:13:13 PM
For sure, but there is little to no chance of beating physical, skilful and hard-hitting Tipp.

One bridge at a time Burdizzo, one bridge at a time.  ;)
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Mossy Bruce

I had my ear to the door of a Dublin hurling forum. I saw a few predictions for the Jackeens winning by 7 to 10 points. Then one spouted, "Dublin by 15/20+ for me."   [>:(]

Here's to giving them a helluva rattling, this Sunday!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

MasterJ

G@@

If Laois Hurlers beat Dublin and the Laois Footballers beat Cork, we'd be setup for a Croke Park double on July 13th/14th. The Footballers would face Dublin at 7pm on the Saturday and the Hurlers would face Tipperary at 4pm on the Sunday. What a weekend that would be!

Dare to dream!  ;)

MasterJ

We would be doing very well if one of them got there!  ;)

redsetanta

Bookies giving Laois +8 @ 11/10...............i'll be having some of that.

13/2 to win the game. Handicap draw 12/1.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Mad Mentor

We are certainly in bonus territory and I fancy us to put it up to Dublin big time. We will probably ship a few goals due to lack of inexperience but I wouldn't worry about that. When you look at the age profile of our squad there is time for development. There isn't anyone hanging on for "one more year" which you often get with teams. Matthew as the elder statesman still has a lot of hurling in him. We have the potential in the squad and an excellent manager to realise that potential. Exciting times for Laois at the moment.

redsetanta

With the sucessfull year you'd wonder would other lads be wanting to get involved next year? There can't be too many hurlers in Laois that would come in and get a starting slot. Maybe 1 or 2.

Roddy, his goal aside, had a quiet game but delighted that he came back in after all that happened last year. Also great that Joe Phelan got a few minutes on the pitch at the end.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

blueandwhite1

Some of this years U20s should be pushing next year for places. Likes of Liam Senior, James Keyes, Eoin Gaughan and Ciarán Comerford in particular. Hopefully Leigh Bergin will come back in and the club championship will throw up one or two more. There are already 5 Camross lads on the panel (Dunphy, Gaughan, Lorcan Burke, Joe Phelan and Mark Dowling). Would be great to see one or two more like Ciarán Collier. All and all we are building nicely and competition for places should increase. There was never any serious competition for places in the past so these are good times. If you can get 3-4 new faces with the right standard in every year it is good enough.

MasterJ

Players who should be joining the seniors next year:
James Keyes
Brandon McGinly
Joseph Phelan
Liam Senior
Players who should be on it:
Leigh Bergin
Ciaran Collier
But the qustion is who will retire?