2019 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship

Started by MasterJ, July 01, 2019, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merman

Quote from: smcder on July 04, 2019, 03:46:27 PM
Seasons not over yet. Why not wait on talking about who's not on the panel till it is.

No harm in talking about the future in a positive way. Many of us have spent plenty of time looking forward with a sense of dismay.

Quote from: MasterJ on July 04, 2019, 03:42:15 PM
Looking at the minor team. Who is potential for the future?
Dan Delaney
Tadgh Cuddy
David Dooley
Maybe
Any others?

David Dooley and Noah Quinlan would be the two most-likely in my opinion.

Giovanni

Would agree on David Dooley.

I was also very impressed with James Duggan and the full-back line, especially Shanahan (I think).

clonadmad

Quote from: Giovanni on July 04, 2019, 05:08:28 PM
Would agree on David Dooley.

I was also very impressed with James Duggan and the full-back line, especially Shanahan (I think).

Danny Brennan
Ian Shanahan
Adam Kirwan

Would be the 3 I'd fancy to progress into the senior ranks

Young Shanahan could end up with his fathers club in Tipp yet.

MasterJ

Captain Tadhg Cuddy and Dan Delaney did well.

G@@

Duignan says Dubs by 6 or 7 on morning Ireland on RTE radio 1
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

redsetanta

It could pan out like that. Bookies have us +8.

But it's sport and doesn't always follow the script!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

burdizzo

Hurling often does, though - much more so than football.
If we could keep it within that range, I'd be happy enough.

MasterJ

Don Draper

Quote from: MasterJ on July 05, 2019, 11:25:26 AM
Dublin will win handy.
Good man, just the sort of optimism all fans want. You must be great craic at partys.

Mossy Bruce

I'd loved to see Laois get within 3 points of them—close enough where the dubs start soiling themselves.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Gmac

Dublin beat Galway and Carlow drew with Wexford and could have beaten Kilkenny they have a feeling they can shock Tipperary in the quarter final, they will be looking past Laois but can Laois produce a performance of a lifetime to beat them I doubt hit but you have to relish the opportunity.

MasterJ

They need to believe. That's what happened again Galway in the Leinster semi-final in 2014. They could've won it but they did not believe in themselves. Another award if they win, they will play Tipp in Croker on The Sunday Game and get some real notice from the hurling world!

burdizzo

Joe back in corner back, for Donnacha Hartnett - otherwise unchanged. Best of luck to 'em!

Mossy Bruce

Is there much of a buzz, back there, amongst the general public for this match or is it just the hard-core hurling fans that are really looking forward to it?
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Don Draper

Quote from: MasterJ on July 05, 2019, 06:18:59 PM
They need to believe. That's what happened again Galway in the Leinster semi-final in 2014. They could've won it but they did not believe in themselves. Another award if they win, they will play Tipp in Croker on The Sunday Game and get some real notice from the hurling world!
Are you scitzo?