China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

larryin89

40 more cases in the 26 today.  More alarming is the 368 deaths in Italy today , this is doomsday stuff .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

quit yo jibbajabba

Scary figures alright. Searchin online for some reason behind it eg large % of smokers, elderly population, elderly living with their adult children and so on. Anyone any positive spin on this from an Ireland perspective...

Itchy

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 15, 2020, 07:00:10 PM
Scary figures alright. Searchin online for some reason behind it eg large % of smokers, elderly population, elderly living with their adult children and so on. Anyone any positive spin on this from an Ireland perspective...

No theres only bad news, they have twice as many critical care beds per population than either Ireland or Britain.

dublin7

We're an island fairly self sufficent so its alot harder to get here on a large scale compared with mainland europe. Also we are shutting down now rather than China, Italy when at its worst. Only way to stop this is for people to stay home so the virus can't transfer and hopefully dies out, which in fairness is what we are doing

larryin89

Has to be more to the hit on northern Italy , when you read into it perhaps it's the textile industry where there are 4K shops run by Chinese , I haven't a notion of how that factors in but I'm hazarding a guess it would of been a contribution in some form or another .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Tony Baloney

There is an infographic in one of today's papers with a breakdown of the underlying conditions. As known/expected; cardiovascular disease, hypertension and respiratory disease accounted for a lot of the deaths, but a significant percentage had diabetes. I haven't seen the latest age breakdown in Italy as it's moving so fast but a few days ago when the total was 803 only 2 of those were under the age of 50.

stiffler

My guess is that Italy have a lot more cases that are not being diagnosed/reported.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Smokin Joe

An Armagh mother taking a High Court case tomorrow to get the schools in the Wee 6 closed:
https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1239262190919716875/photo/1

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 15, 2020, 07:24:11 PM
There is an infographic in one of today's papers with a breakdown of the underlying conditions. As known/expected; cardiovascular disease, hypertension and respiratory disease accounted for a lot of the deaths, but a significant percentage had diabetes. I haven't seen the latest age breakdown in Italy as it's moving so fast but a few days ago when the total was 803 only 2 of those were under the age of 50.

The two under 50, had they underlying conditions?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: dublin7 on March 15, 2020, 07:18:55 PM

We're an island fairly self sufficent so its alot harder to get here on a large scale compared with mainland europe. Also we are shutting down now rather than China, Italy when at its worst. Only way to stop this is for people to stay home so the virus can't transfer and hopefully dies out, which in fairness is what we are doing

Good question Dublin7 - does this virus just 'die out' or what happens to it? Do people get just immune  from it?

laoislad

Quote from: stiffler on March 15, 2020, 07:26:10 PM
My guess is that Italy have a lot more cases that are not being diagnosed/reported.
As do the UK I reckon.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 15, 2020, 05:35:39 PM
Pubs ordered closed for 2 weeks starting tonight

Can see it being extended to Easter at the very least. Certainly won't be over in a fortnight.

bennydorano

Quote from: stiffler on March 15, 2020, 07:26:10 PM
There's no guessing or suppressing of Information about it, everyone knows it's the case, it's reported on the National  news daily that the real numbers are unknown.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: 6th sam on March 15, 2020, 12:13:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 15, 2020, 11:53:23 AM
Randox in Crumlin are producing these kits. No doubt making a tidy profit

In the midst of this , it's a positive that an Irish company is at the coal face of technology trying to combat the virus

Half of the world's ventilators in acute hospitals are made in Ireland. Medtronic in Galway a huge manufacturer of them. They are absolutely flat out.