Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 02, 2020, 06:55:04 PM
:( best wishes to the guy. I don't know him but know the name. Anything to Karl?

Father
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Thought that. Sadly I think will be more and more comments like this on this board soon. There was a 70 plus year old from the Glens (cushendall I think) who got released from Antrim area hospital yesterday after having made a recovery. Hopefully it will be the same outcome. Haven't heard any more on Niall Murphy either :(

Tyrdub

Hope Liam pulls through, never missed a match at Milltown and loved a chat. Funny I saw Karl out for a run the other day, flying.

I heard last night that Murph had improved slightly, they had reduced his sedation so hopefully he keeps improving

imtommygunn

Thanks for that tyrdub. Hopefully improvement continues on all fronts.

Belfast GAA man

With less timE for the season this year if we get one at all maybe we have only space for a club season and no county football....

Na Glinntí Glasa

i dont think there will be any inter county action this year at all. with how things are going it will take some time for normality to come back in this island.

it could be another 4 weeks before we see some sort of relaxation but theres no way they will permit any form of sports where people can crowd together. Id love to see it all back again but to be realistic i cant see it happening.

i dont see a club scene happening either.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

If it were to come back would you really be comfortable in such a crowd of people too?

I imagine the year isn't far of a write off for club and county though people will be itching to play and see games again.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 10, 2020, 10:43:51 AM
If it were to come back would you really be comfortable in such a crowd of people too?

I imagine the year isn't far of a write off for club and county though people will be itching to play and see games again.

25 plus players in a changing room! No more huddles or hairdryer treatment from the managers! I'll just take numbers when refereeing and carry a can of Pepper spray!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

https://ulster.gaa.ie/covid-19/financial-information/

No Mention of monies paid to county boards for leagues and championship entry fees coming back to the clubs. Croke seems to be sidestepping their role and hand passIng to govts............

stiffler

Niall Murphy out of ICU.

Great to see.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

imtommygunn

A video on Antrim twitter of him. Great to see.

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on April 10, 2020, 04:50:36 PM
https://ulster.gaa.ie/covid-19/financial-information/

No Mention of monies paid to county boards for leagues and championship entry fees coming back to the clubs. Croke seems to be sidestepping their role and hand passIng to govts............
If your holiday is delayed long enough or cancelled you generally get a refund. While both Governments have stepped into supporting tax payers etc it seems that as Easter has come and gone and with no end to lock down in sight that the Croke Pk mandarins, as Pontius Pilate did, are washing their hands. If we don't push for refunds to the clubs then the clubs "blood will be on us and our children". Shame on them

Tyrdub

Ulster GAA announced changes to competitions including cancelling some. Seems sensible.

They also said there would be no refunds for season ticket holders. Seems mercenary.

paddyjohn

Sad to hear of the passing of Paddy McIlvenny. An absolute gentleman.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 15, 2020, 11:18:19 AM
Sad to hear of the passing of Paddy McIlvenny. An absolute gentleman.
Well said - great gael and a friendly face in Casement Social Club for years