Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

GetOverTheBar

Maybe so, but was shown to be targeted in every big game over those years with his lack of mobility. It's time to look forward.

trailer

Might be truth in that rumour as to why Colm quit. Tyrone were conspicuous in not marking the retirement of Colm. I believe this was under the direction of Harte.... If Colm returns what does this say about Harte's tenure?

clarshack

I think he would be a good addition for a season or two under the new management.

Mikhailov

Quote from: trailer on January 21, 2021, 03:18:27 PM
Might be truth in that rumour as to why Colm quit. Tyrone were conspicuous in not marking the retirement of Colm. I believe this was under the direction of Harte.... If Colm returns what does this say about Harte's tenure?

This adds more fuel to the fire regarding the rumour. Not a word from Harte to thank CC on his retirement after all the service he had given Tyrone.
If Colm had been playing against Donegal, I doubt Mogan would have scored that goal in the first half - he wouldn't have got up the middle unopposed selling dummies to our 3 of our defenders for fun FFS

square_ball

Donegal did the same last year when cavanagh was playing so not sure about that one now!

BIGONE

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: BIGONE on January 22, 2021, 08:49:48 AM
what rumour?

Colm allegedly led the anti Harte player movement. Looking back now he's gone.

Keyboard Warrior

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on January 22, 2021, 09:47:40 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 21, 2021, 01:51:23 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 21, 2021, 01:34:52 PM
Quote from: square_ball on January 21, 2021, 01:19:19 PM
What's the thoughts on this?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40211579.html

None, he's finished and was finished for about 4 years before that.

He won 2 all stars in the last 4 years?

Don't let that fact get in the way of anything  ::)

Rewatch the 2017 final v Dublin. I think Cavanagh got an All Star that year too. Dublin went after him, at every single opportunity and he was destroyed. Those oles are still in my mind. You don't forget that kind of embarrassing easily.

He retired, the ship is going in a new direction. Exciting times with a youthful set up. No need for him back unless he's happy to be a last 15, helping see a game out man. In which case, of course, why not - But I don't see Cavanagh being happy as a bit part player somehow. He can't start, Christ could you imagine Fenton running at him now?

trailer

Like him or hate Colm was probably Tyrone's best player over the last 5 years and certainly towards the end of Harte's reign of terror. He papered over a lot of Harte's inadequacies as a manager and shored up a team that had very little ambition as most of the counties best players refused to tog out. Harte should thank Colm from the bottom of his heart because his managerial record is only blotted and not completely ruined. Louth is Harte's level now. Division 4.

Jim Bob

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 22, 2021, 12:39:46 PM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on January 22, 2021, 09:47:40 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 21, 2021, 01:51:23 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 21, 2021, 01:34:52 PM
Quote from: square_ball on January 21, 2021, 01:19:19 PM
What's the thoughts on this?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40211579.html

None, he's finished and was finished for about 4 years before that.

He won 2 all stars in the last 4 years?

Don't let that fact get in the way of anything  ::)

Rewatch the 2017 final v Dublin. I think Cavanagh got an All Star that year too. Dublin went after him, at every single opportunity and he was destroyed. Those oles are still in my mind. You don't forget that kind of embarrassing easily.

He retired, the ship is going in a new direction. Exciting times with a youthful set up. No need for him back unless he's happy to be a last 15, helping see a game out man. In which case, of course, why not - But I don't see Cavanagh being happy as a bit part player somehow. He can't start, Christ could you imagine Fenton running at him now?

2018 it was....

LeoMc

Quote from: trailer on January 22, 2021, 02:07:10 PM
Like him or hate Colm was probably Tyrone's best player over the last 5 years and certainly towards the end of Harte's reign of terror. He papered over a lot of Harte's inadequacies as a manager and shored up a team that had very little ambition as most of the counties best players refused to tog out. Harte should thank Colm from the bottom of his heart because his managerial record is only blotted and not completely ruined. Louth is Harte's level now. Division 4.
Go on then.

LeoMc

. I would never have completely ruled it out, but I think at this stage unless something changes in my head over the next few weeks then I'll probably not see a return, but I wouldn't 100 per cent rule it out at this stage.

A bit of a non story. He was approached, thought about it over Christmas, probably won't.

BennyHarp

Quote from: trailer on January 22, 2021, 02:07:10 PM

It's amazing how reality no longer has a place in what people say and post. Strange times.
That was never a square ball!!