GP's & Hospitals - What is going on

Started by Hereiam, April 23, 2024, 12:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tones

If you can afford it you sound like the I'm OK f**k you, more can't afford than can, and as I alluded before I have yet to see anyone in a waiting room whilst collecting prescriptions, maybe we all need a mate on reception.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tones on April 23, 2024, 11:34:22 PMIf you can afford it you sound like the I'm OK f**k you, more can't afford than can, and as I alluded before I have yet to see anyone in a waiting room whilst collecting prescriptions, maybe we all need a mate on reception.

I said keep phoning or go to A&E

So just so I get right, you are saying they are doing nothing? Sitting in empty gp surgeries doing nowt?

I do work in a GP surgery 5 days a week, I can confirm it's flat out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tones

So plebs paying their taxes no mates on GP reception pay for a taxi abandon their family for 6 hour wait in a&e for minor ailments because they can't afford 100 pound a pop.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tones on April 23, 2024, 11:50:08 PMSo plebs paying their taxes no mates on GP reception pay for a taxi abandon their family for 6 hour wait in a&e for minor ailments because they can't afford 100 pound a pop.
Quote from: Tones on April 23, 2024, 11:50:08 PMSo plebs paying their taxes no mates on GP reception pay for a taxi abandon their family for 6 hour wait in a&e for minor ailments because they can't afford 100 pound a pop.

Just keep phoning, the empty surgery.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tones

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2024, 12:14:11 AM

Pretty sad response, an individual pitting his experience via knowing the local receptionist and having a few pounds over the masses, poor pensioners ringing will just give up if they can't get through but what do you care.

RedHand88

Quote from: Tones on April 23, 2024, 03:59:33 PMI had similar issue about a year later and made up symptoms to see a GP as if I had of mentioned chest pain they wouldn't have seen me, how ridiculous is that.

Not really. They are following national guidelines. Sudden onset chest pain needs urgent assessment to rule out cardiac cause. Only thing a GP surgery can do is an ECG which will result in you going to hospital anyway for bloods to confirm a MI or whatever it may be. Can't do those in a GP surgery, so going there is a waste of everyone's time including yours (which you may not have.)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tones on April 24, 2024, 06:13:39 AM

Pretty sad response, an individual pitting his experience via knowing the local receptionist and having a few pounds over the masses, poor pensioners ringing will just give up if they can't get through but what do you care.

Again you're using your own experience (as am I) different surgeries than have different methods.

Your beef is with your own surgery, claiming that the GP's are sitting about doing nowt. Well that's just bollox.

You sound like another public server basher. You pay taxes, it doesn't mean you get automatic service.

If you want a better service we've got to pay more taxes to get it.

But you keep telling me how lucky I am for knowing a receptionist and how lucky my wife had £100 quid available to see a private doctor.

Tones

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 24, 2024, 07:21:47 AM
Quote from: Tones on April 23, 2024, 03:59:33 PMI had similar issue about a year later and made up symptoms to see a GP as if I had of mentioned chest pain they wouldn't have seen me, how ridiculous is that.

Not really. They are following national guidelines. Sudden onset chest pain needs urgent assessment to rule out cardiac cause. Only thing a GP surgery can do is an ECG which will result in you going to hospital anyway for bloods to confirm a MI or whatever it may be. Can't do those in a GP surgery, so going there is a waste of everyone's time including yours (which you may not have.)

My issue included chest pain which was present for over 6 weeks, this I explained to the receptionist who rang me  back and said go to A&E, I didn't get to speak to a doctor and spent the whole day in A&E apologising to various medical professionals for taking up their time as they were all flat to the mat - if only I had her mobile number!

Tones

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2024, 07:24:39 AM

Again you're using your own experience (as am I) different surgeries than have different methods.

Your beef is with your own surgery, claiming that the GP's are sitting about doing nowt. Well that's just bollox.

You sound like another public server basher. You pay taxes, it doesn't mean you get automatic service.

But you keep telling me how lucky I am for knowing a receptionist and how lucky my wife had £100 quid available to see a private doctor.

I have never once said that, I said I go once a week and at differing times and the surgery is empty, I have no clue what they are doing, telephone triage, video call, house calls, private work, I don't know, my beef as you put it is not with my surgery but how unfair it is in general, you don't care as you can text your receptionist and jump the queue or pay 100 quid when your mate is on holidays or whatever.  A 75 year old with COPD struggling and needing a course of steriods and an antibiotic has to ring up and if the poor crater can't get through they will give up, if they do get through and told there is no appointment and ring back, they'll give up, appointments should be able to be booked like pre-covid, oh yes Mrs Smith I could book you in tomorrow at 10am, it don't happen anymore, with that I bid you adieu.

RedHand88

Quote from: Tones on April 24, 2024, 07:37:05 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 24, 2024, 07:21:47 AM

My issue included chest pain which was present for over 6 weeks, this I explained to the receptionist who rang me  back and said go to A&E, I didn't get to speak to a doctor and spent the whole day in A&E apologising to various medical professionals for taking up their time as they were all flat to the mat - if only I had her mobile number!

If you explained that to the receptionist then they have got it wrong.

Tones

You think it was her decision - I explained everything when I eventually got through, she obviously brought the information to the doctor who made the decision, can't be arsed mentioned chest pain send him to A&E, her phone back was direct to the point and then she hung up, so there was no conversation to be had.

johnnycool

Quote from: Tones on April 24, 2024, 07:44:46 AM

I have never once said that, I said I go once a week and at differing times and the surgery is empty, I have no clue what they are doing, telephone triage, video call, house calls, private work, I don't know, my beef as you put it is not with my surgery but how unfair it is in general, you don't care as you can text your receptionist and jump the queue or pay 100 quid when your mate is on holidays or whatever.  A 75 year old with COPD struggling and needing a course of steriods and an antibiotic has to ring up and if the poor crater can't get through they will give up, if they do get through and told there is no appointment and ring back, they'll give up, appointments should be able to be booked like pre-covid, oh yes Mrs Smith I could book you in tomorrow at 10am, it don't happen anymore, with that I bid you adieu.

Take that frustration out on your MP/MLA, whoever that may be.

As much as the Tories and their austerity is meant to do as exactly what MR2 and lots of others has done and drive people into the arms of private medicine I've no real confidence that Wes Streeting will reverse much of that when Labour get into power and that's the frightening thing.

Tones

Micky Brady are you for f**king real! 

RedHand88

Quote from: Tones on April 24, 2024, 07:44:46 AM

Never ever were you able to get an appointment the next day at 10am. More like 3 or 4 weeks time! Do we really want to go back to that system?
Big part of the problem now is waiting lists for secondary care are through the roof. Those people are going to their GP day in day out for acute management in the meantime.

Tones

MPs and MLA's aren't answering the phone in the here and now, what world do we live in where someone's gym mate has priority over someone else, or where a doctor won't see you in their own surgery but will in another if you pony up 75 quid.