Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

Martial is awful. 2 goals all season.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

trailer

Quote from: gerrykeegan on January 27, 2021, 10:21:05 PM
Martial is awful. 2 goals all season.

Terrible. Picks the wrong option all the time. Matic was pretty dire, on the 2nd goal didn't show enough energy to close down. Utd missed Fred's energy. Rashford looked tired as well.

J70

Quote from: BennyCake on January 27, 2021, 10:11:41 PM
I never thought United would go and win the PL, but it was fun being up there. City are starting to come into form now, so the title is theirs I think.

City are going to win it by at least 10 points.

Cunny Funt

Beat Liverpool on Sunday and lose to the bottom club in the league. Uniteds inconsistency back with a bang.

Rotation was required with a busy schedule though in hindsight 6 changes from Sunday was too many as from it was a very flat performance. Sheffield United got a bit of luck on their opener the nudge on DeGea was ignored and Martial disallowed goal was more of a keeper error than a foul and the winner deflected off Tuanzebe but it was luck they deserved as they worked much harder for the 3 points than Man United did.

I said it when United was top that the objective is to finish in the top 4 for 2 seasons in a row for the first time since Ferguson retired and the longer this season goes the bigger the battle will be to reach that objective.

Rich Ricci

Dismal performance tonight. Look lost for ideas against a compact well organised defence. Too often they were trying to play 1-2s in tight areas at the edge of the box and ended up going nowhere.

De Gea has to do better for the 1st goal. Matic has been poor enough this season anytime he's played.

snoopdog

Ole picked a weakened team. Martial still gets game time for some reason. Tuanzebe had a nightmare. Rashford looked injured, didnt look capable tonight. Pogba was playing as a holding midfielder. Realistically utd were never going to challenge, this performance was always in this team. Arsenal southampton and everton up next.  City could be out of sight. 

gallsman

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 27, 2021, 10:35:10 PMSheffield United got a bit of luck on their opener the nudge on DeGea was ignored and Martial disallowed goal was more of a keeper error than a foul

Hi Rio  ::)

These were covered extensively at both HT and FT and even after BT's expert official told him he was wrong, Rio was still banging on about it. Rio was then left to cling to the fact that the ref perhaps blew early on the SU goal and it should have gone to VAR.

Sharp didn't impede de Gea at all. Maguire, donkey that he is, in a genuine effort to go for the ball jumped into the keeper and fouled him.

Milltown Row2

Foul on keeper by Maguire, not the worst foul but there was contact.

Utd keeper at fault for first! Missed it completely
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: gallsman on January 27, 2021, 11:37:25 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 27, 2021, 10:35:10 PMSheffield United got a bit of luck on their opener the nudge on DeGea was ignored and Martial disallowed goal was more of a keeper error than a foul

These were covered extensively at both HT and FT and even after BT's expert official told him he was seeing, Rio was still banging on about it. Rio was then left to cling to the fact that the ref perhaps blew early on the SU goal and it should have gone to VAR.

Sharp didn't impede de Gea at all. Maguire, donkey that he is, in a genuine effort to go for the ball jumped into the keeper and fouled him.
Game of opinions.

I watched the game on bein sports and their experts said the opposite.  Was very little difference in the two incidents their main point.  As I said already the bit of luck Sheffield United got was deserved as fought much harder for the points and I'd hope Rio agreed with that.

StPatsAbu

Was always City's league to lose since Liverpool completely shit the pants. Whoever finishes above city wins and whoever finishes above Liverpool takes 2nd.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: StPatsAbu on January 28, 2021, 12:57:17 AM
Was always City's league to lose since Liverpool completely shit the pants. Whoever finishes above city wins and whoever finishes above Liverpool takes 2nd.

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 27, 2021, 10:35:10 PM
Beat Liverpool on Sunday and lose to the bottom club in the league. Uniteds inconsistency back with a bang.

Rotation was required with a busy schedule though in hindsight 6 changes from Sunday was too many as from it was a very flat performance. Sheffield United got a bit of luck on their opener the nudge on DeGea was ignored and Martial disallowed goal was more of a keeper error than a foul and the winner deflected off Tuanzebe but it was luck they deserved as they worked much harder for the 3 points than Man United did.

I said it when United was top that the objective is to finish in the top 4 for 2 seasons in a row for the first time since Ferguson retired and the longer this season goes the bigger the battle will be to reach that objective.
All the mancs changing their tune after getting embarrased by the worst team in the league tonight.
Shortest "title challenge" in history. Those two Cup Finals against Liverpool really took it out of them

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 28, 2021, 02:06:18 AM
All the mancs changing their tune after getting embarrased by the worst team in the league tonight.
Shortest "title challenge" in history. Those two Cup Finals against Liverpool really took it out of them

Not much more embarrassing than Liverpool losing their long unbeaten home run against Burnley.  Can't speak for St Pat but my tune has been the same throughout.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 28, 2021, 02:47:04 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 28, 2021, 02:06:18 AM

Not much more embarrassing than Liverpool losing their long unbeaten home run against Burnley.  Can't speak for St Pat but my tune has been the same throughout.
It actually is. Liverpool's run lasted almost 4 years, whereas you got embarrassed by not only the worst team in the league but one of the worst teams in PL history.

gallsman

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 28, 2021, 12:09:50 AM
Quote from: gallsman on January 27, 2021, 11:37:25 PM

These were covered extensively at both HT and FT and even after BT's expert official told him he was seeing, Rio was still banging on about it. Rio was then left to cling to the fact that the ref perhaps blew early on the SU goal and it should have gone to VAR.

Game of opinions.

I watched the game on bein sports and their experts said the opposite.  Was very little difference in the two incidents their main point.  As I said already the bit of luck Sheffield United got was deserved as fought much harder for the points and I'd hope Rio agreed with that.

There was a world of difference - that's not a matter of opinion, you just have to use your eyes. Sharp was behind de Gea as they both ran in the direction of the goal. Maguire was in front of the SU keeper and backing in (again, he was genuinely trying to win the ball) to the on-rushing keeper coming out to meet it. How are they the same thing??

OgraAnDun

DDG was pushed in the back as he jumped, Maguire and the Sheffield keeper challenged for the ball and Maguire had eyes on the ball the whole time. Either both were fouls or neither were (and if one was a foul, it wasn't Maguire). I'd say if the ref had blown his whistle a few seconds later, the goal would have stood via VAR.

United were awful anyway. No RW was shown up again, and Martial was useless. I don't think any United fan expected to win the title, but to have the first hole put into the ship by Sheffield United is frustrating.