Classified Section?

Started by GJL, November 07, 2012, 02:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Hi all,

I was wondering what people would think of a classified section on here. I am sure their are plenty of members on here who could advertise their products/services to other board members. It could be an advantage to all as discounts/deals could be arranged.

I am a member of a few other forums where it works well for all involved.

Garrett.

(Que the 'funny' comments about 'services' available)

Shamrock Shore

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hardy

Shamrock Shore

I take no credit. Found it on Facebook and I loved it.

Irish Farm'n Craic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 07, 2012, 03:13:03 PM

That's brilliant. I actually know an auld lad that looks like this baby, except with wrinkles :)

Ulick

Good idea. Could do with some dry black turf. Am also after a couple of laying hens and a heated propagater for growing chillies in the greenhouse -might try growing some of this marijuana stuff as well for the craic.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Ulick on November 07, 2012, 05:03:25 PM
Good idea. Could do with some dry black turf. Am also after a couple of laying hens and a heated propagater for growing chillies in the greenhouse -might try growing some of this marijuana stuff as well for the craic.
You still putting the chainsaw to use? Took the plunge and bought a cheapish one a few weeks ago. Starting to build the logpile for the winter!

Ulick

Aye, it was giving me a bit of jip for a while but turns out I wasn't sharpening the chain properly - the brother-in-law was showed me how to do it properly. Basically the chains need filed regularly and none of this three strokes each direction they say on the YouTube clips. Am foraging up around Minnowburn forest at the minute. They seem to clear away a lot of pine beside the roads in the spring and leave piles of branches and off-cuts behind. Safe and handy spot to take the children for a hour or so gathering and all nicely cured at this stage. I'd say we've only used the oil heating for about ten or twelve hours since the start of summer.

theticklemister

I'll start the bartering off here sure..............

Anyone want to swap my job for theirs?

Declan

Good idea - and on the turf question

Armaghgeddon

What about hiding forum sections - not the ones that currently exist, and only allow access to members who have donated to the running of the website, something like £9.99 for lifetime gold membership and add other things such as gif signatures, picture gifs etc.

tbrick18

What about leaving it as it is!
If it's not broke and all that.
There are plenty of sites out there where you can sell stuff for free, like gumtree or the dealer.
If you really want to advertise on here, then you can always copy across a link to one of these sites.

IMO, the forum is fine as it is.

ONeill

Anyone selling binoculars, a long coat and a balaclava?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

johnneycool

Quote from: Ulick on November 07, 2012, 06:35:23 PM
Aye, it was giving me a bit of jip for a while but turns out I wasn't sharpening the chain properly - the brother-in-law was showed me how to do it properly. Basically the chains need filed regularly and none of this three strokes each direction they say on the YouTube clips. Am foraging up around Minnowburn forest at the minute. They seem to clear away a lot of pine beside the roads in the spring and leave piles of branches and off-cuts behind. Safe and handy spot to take the children for a hour or so gathering and all nicely cured at this stage. I'd say we've only used the oil heating for about ten or twelve hours since the start of summer.

worked out how to sharpen the chainsaw right myself there recently, had the wrong size of needle file for the link certainly didn't help, twice the saw now.

How much would you be buy trees for? It used to be £45/tonne, from de local estate, but has went up to £60, soon won't be worth the bother as there's a lad selling tonne bags of logs for £50 and that's then split as well!

Luckily I'd got a tree off a lad who lets his ground out and a tree had fallen in a storm and he needed to get it shifted, so that'll keep me ticking over till about January.