Has Suarez Kicked his last ball for Liverpool? Will John Henry have him back?

Started by StGallsGAA, June 26, 2014, 07:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will John W Henry have him back in the doors of Anfield?

Of course, he's world class and Liverpool have no chance without him.
36 (66.7%)
Not a chance, Henry will off-load before he drags the club into the gutter.
18 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: July 03, 2014, 07:28:01 PM

StGallsGAA

I reckon Luis has kicked his last ball for the 'pool......agree or disagree?

BennyCake

A liability. His ban probably cost Liverpool last years title. He'll miss longer next season. Out ta feck, Nibbles.

Syferus

If John Henry tried to sell him with the poor squad Liverpool have and with a ban reducing any asking price he is the highest calibre of idiot. For what, good PR? He's not running for election FFS. Someone who runs a franchise as good as the Red Soxs should know better.

T Fearon

Of course they will have him back, just as the equally immoral mancs welcomed Cantona back.

Rossie11

Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2014, 08:10:45 PM
If John Henry tried to sell him with the poor squad Liverpool have and with a ban reducing any asking price he is the highest calibre of idiot. Someone who runs a franchise as good as the Red Soxs should know better.
Depends what you value him at Syferus. I would have him at 45-50max today. What would he need to do next season to retain that value given that he will be a year older plus cover his wages for the year??

Syferus

Quote from: Rossie11 on June 26, 2014, 08:21:10 PM
If John Henry tried to sell him with the poor squad Liverpool have and with a ban reducing any asking price he is the highest calibre of idiot. Someone who runs a franchise as good as the Red Soxs should know better.
Depends what you value him at Syferus. I would have him at 45-50max today. What would he need to do next season to retain that value given that he will be a year older plus cover his wages for the year??

How many players do you need to replace the second or third best footballer on the planet? We're talking elite talent here. Spurs found out that 90m wasn't enough to replace a lesser player. Liverpool need to detach themselves from the babble and look at what they have. They have Sturidge and potential in Sterling. I wouldn't rate anyone else at Liverpool better than b-tier premier league players. It's a roster that without Suarez looks very ugly.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on June 26, 2014, 08:16:58 PM
Of course they will have him back, just as the equally immoral mancs welcomed Cantona back.

Cantona was out of order, but massive difference when a player bites someone for getting the better of him during a game, than someone hurling abuse, Also Cantona did it only once, 3 times is pure scummy

I wonder has Simmons ever give abuse after that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

did cantona not get involved in a few controversies in france?, sure isn't that why he ended up in england cause noone else would touch him?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on June 26, 2014, 08:46:31 PM
did cantona not get involved in a few controversies in france?, sure isn't that why he ended up in england cause noone else would touch him?

He didn't kick any fans twice beforehand, and Utd I'd say were very glad he played in England
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossie11

Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2014, 08:27:59 PM
Quote from: Rossie11 on June 26, 2014, 08:21:10 PM

How many players do you need to replace the second or third best footballer on the planet? We're talking elite talent here. Spurs found out that 90m wasn't enough to replace a lesser player. Liverpool need to detach themselves from the babble and look at what they have. They have Sturidge and potential in Sterling. I wouldn't rate anyone else at Liverpool better than b-tier premier league players. It's a roster that without Suarez looks very ugly.
He's not in the top 3 to start with. Currently with him out until November they will struggle to make champs league and as that was the priority last year I presume it's the same this year.
Due to Suarez actions the target for this season is now 4th place. Its disappointing for us pool fans but that is the reality.
You take the money and hit the restart button. There is plenty of value out there who can slot straight into that team and give 4th a good crack. Sanchez for example can be had for 25m. He won't get the number of goals but he is class and his work rate is an equal with Suarez. They can do cope without some of the goals he got last year if they strengthen the defence.
I think keeping him will only lead to more trouble sooner rather than later

J70

Quote from: BennyCake on June 26, 2014, 07:42:50 PM
A liability. His ban probably cost Liverpool last years title. He'll miss longer next season. Out ta feck, Nibbles.

How could he have cost Liverpool the title when he was the primary reason they were in contention?

It's pretty clear what he is - an absolute genius who will win you a shitload of games but will miss ten games every 18 months or so through suspension. The question for Liverpool, Barcelona et al is whether the whole package is worth it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2014, 09:00:03 PM

How could he have cost Liverpool the title when he was the primary reason they were in contention?

It's pretty clear what he is - an absolute genius who will win you a shitload of games but will miss ten games every 18 months or so through suspension. The question for Liverpool, Barcelona et al is whether the whole package is worth it.

Would you ever get your knob out of Suarez's hole ffs!!

deiseach

foxcommander

Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2014, 08:27:59 PM
It's a roster that without Suarez looks very ugly.

Jesus - if he's the best looking of that bunch.....
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 26, 2014, 09:29:52 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2014, 09:00:03 PM

Would you ever get your knob out of Suarez's hole ffs!!

What have I said that is not true?