Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastsaff

Quote from: Targetman on June 13, 2018, 10:48:27 PM
So yous all reckon the managerial dream team of Burns, Murray, Adams and whoever else is involved will be relieved of their duties, wudnt bet on it!! Oh sure throw Paul Mc Ivor's name in there too, swipe Kilcoo's manager again and chase him after a year!!
Wouldn't talk much on this forum but going by my experience Cathal Murray is one of the best about -  However the same cant be said for Adams and Burns out of there depth at this level

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: forevergreen on June 14, 2018, 12:44:43 PM
Burns had no option other than to let them play tomorrow night. he would have lost more men from the panel had he starred the game.

Starred games are a load of balls anyway.

Better the players are match sharp rather than wrapped in cotton wool.
i usse an speelchekor

supersub

Its easy to say that when you've been beaten and little hope of progressing.

If there was an Ulster Final or semi final to prepare for even it'd be a different story.

Cuan12

Eamonn should go once this campaign is over, brought nothing to the table, confirmed club managerial success - zero
Conor Deegan - similar success as Eamonn, how he lost that match against Derry is so puzzling,I seen many bad managerial decisions in my lifetime but his is in the top three.
Might as well go for a treble, Sean og , you have done your best , you have run this county into the ground, financially,reputation and relations within and outside the county, do the honourable thing and step aside.
Who replaces Eamonn and Conor, my suggestion is Paddy Tally , he knows the players and Down football so would be a perfect choice.

downjim

Funny results in the SFL
CPN are flying at present
A few of the so called bigger teams just cruising through to August doing enough to keep them in the top half. If anyone can stop the Magpies who will it be?
Personally I think the Point will fade and are mentally weak. Clonduff ,ourselves and the blueshirts are best equipped to challenge but would need everyone available.
Looking forward to the championship starting as league football is like training games these days, everyone is afraid to show their hand.
Great football from Harps last night, getting beat by 8 and still sit with two sweepers 😴😴😴

Smurfy123

Surely Burren are the team to finally take the magpies?
They need to grow a set first.
CPN will be close clownjim are you worried that the wee club down the road are finally catching up? Mayobridge looked more like a second team on Wednesday night all the big hitters not playing

downjim

Garvey is a big loss to the Blues, We will be in the top 4 and then who knows what will happen.  Did all the county players come through the games unscathed last night??

SHEEDY

Quote from: downjim on June 16, 2018, 07:21:44 PM
Garvey is a big loss to the Blues, We will be in the top 4 and then who knows what will happen.  Did all the county players come through the games unscathed last night??
connaire harrison was sent off for glasdrumman against atticall.
nil satis nisi optimum

elk

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 16, 2018, 06:39:47 PM
Surely Burren are the team to finally take the magpies?
They need to grow a set first.
CPN will be close clownjim are you worried that the wee club down the road are finally catching up? Mayobridge looked more like a second team on Wednesday night all the big hitters not playing
The bridge could have beaten CPN on Wednesday with a few players missing so they must have a decent chance in the championship but Burren need someone easy to beat Kilcoo to have any chance

UlsterMan2

Watched a lot of football this year, the best footballer in down football this year is Connaire Harrison followed by Ryan O Hare of Ballymartin, who isn't even on down squad, and best refereeing performances have been by Ciaran Mooney of Rostrevor

Cuan12

Ulsterman you must watch very little football, Harrison is a decent enough player with a suspect temperament, watch Ryan oHare twice this year , twice he disappointed  and him not being on county panel is his choice, I personally don't think club managers rest players for the championship , they probably play what's available to them.
I personally can't wait for Aug as there may be a few upsets or closer games than you think, on paper it should be a walk in the park for the top six in div 1 but take a closer look and old rivalries from the past are there and maybe it's not so straight forward , for what it's wirth Kilcoo for Senior because they use a tried and trusted formula that up to now no one can beat.
Intermediate - Darragh Cross , hard to beat and have several decent players, depends on holidays etc who they have available
Junior - Ardglass , sentimental pick , but have several talented players , could be their year
Finally Sean og , Eamonn and Conor Deegan should all go , put a new team in place before club championships to let them see what's out there.

Smurfy123

Conor Deegan to be confirmed as the new Down manager for 2019 after Downs campaign ends.
He was told on Friday night the jobs his.

snoopdog

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 17, 2018, 09:43:31 AM
Conor Deegan to be confirmed as the new Down manager for 2019 after Downs campaign ends.
He was told on Friday night the jobs his.

Eith this county board ot wouldnt suprise me if they make this decision while Eamonn is still in the job. Disgraceful

Smurfy123

Snoopdog that will be conformed when Downs campaign is over
Such an underwhelming appointment
Can it get anymore depressing

PAULD123

Quote from: downjim on June 16, 2018, 05:47:35 PM
Funny results in the SFL....

I don't see enough club football so forgive me if this has already been discussed/explained. Buut what has happened to Castlewelan this year? They have been championship finalists in the last two years and been always high up league table. What has caused this year's collapse?