Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulick

Was reading a story from the Mauritian tabloid l'Express. Seems to be their version of the guttersnipe Sunday World. Broadly using John's request for a priest as some sort of incriminatory indication of his involvement in the death. 

shezam

Been narrowed down to 2 suspects both employees of the hotel.

ExiledGael

Quote from: Ulick on January 11, 2011, 04:22:44 PM
Was reading a story from the Mauritian tabloid l'Express. Seems to be their version of the guttersnipe Sunday World. Broadly using John's request for a priest as some sort of incriminatory indication of his involvement in the death.

Some of that was disgusting and the same can be said of the Sun today. Seen all the major papers and they're the only one to go down that line, 'wife killed husband in custody' the jist of it.

Milltown Row2

In fairness (though i-ve never bought the paper before)the husband is always a suspect. We know different here of course. Have they the death penalty?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ExiledGael

Despite the lack of information last night one of the first things to come out was that the husband was questioned but not as a suspect.

vav

Awful sad news, thoughts and prayers are with her family at this time xx

Capt Pat

There is a Michaela Harte thread on the gaa discussion board, maybe there should be one in general discussion as well or more appropriate in that forum. It is no longer really a part of death notices, things have moved on from that unfortunately.

Ulick

One of the accused is claiming he was beaten by the police. Could see that one coming down the track like a train, especially since I heard a Mauritian journalist on the radio last night say that most (90%?) of criminal convictions there come through confessions. Maybe the Irish government should offer to send some scientists over from Forensic Science Laboratory to assist with the investigation? Last thing needed here is a miscarriage of justice.

clarshack

Quote from: Ulick on January 12, 2011, 12:16:12 PM
One of the accused is claiming he was beaten by the police. Could see that one coming down the track like a train, especially since I heard a Mauritian journalist on the radio last night say that most (90%?) of criminal convictions there come through confessions. Maybe the Irish government should offer to send some scientists over from Forensic Science Laboratory to assist with the investigation? Last thing needed here is a miscarriage of justice.

would agree.

if there was a struggle i would assume there would be plenty of dna evidence.

Trout

Peter Yates, director of Bullitt died aged 81.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

shezam

Quote from: clarshack on January 12, 2011, 12:20:58 PM
Quote from: Ulick on January 12, 2011, 12:16:12 PM

would agree.

if there was a struggle i would assume there would be plenty of dna evidence.

Could be wrong here, but i doubt if they even know what dna is over there, don't think they would have the resources to get dna evidence.

mannix

I also would be wary of what the police there would do just to make it look like justice was served fast so tourists think its a safe place.Lots of people die every day in different manners but this death just makes me sick, what if the husband went up instead of her? what if she seen them before she was fully in the door?
The poor husband must be in a state, he would probably be up on assault charges for battering the robbers if he had went to the room instead of her, at least they would both get to fly home and laugh about it in years to come. Another death that sticks in my mind is the little child in fermanagh, millie maguire, raped and her back broken by her mothers boyfriend. What happened to the dirtbag that commited that crime? never heard much about it after the initial news.
We all let our guard down when on holidays and a lot of the "staff" in these places make a nice living from that dropping of the guard, unfortunately this time the victim lost alot more than a handbag.
Rest in peace Michaela.

Louth Exile

Joss Lynam, aged 86, one of the pioneers of hill walking development in Ireland

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/obituaries/2011/0115/1224287574054.html
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ONeill

Bolton Wanderers and England player Nat Lofthouse has died at the age of 85.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.