Who can stop Kerry?

Started by kerryforsam16, July 18, 2016, 08:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerryforsam16

Fitz has been working on the blanket defense leaving Geaney and ODonoghue in side in 2 man  full forward line. Gouch and Donaghy will be as impact subs for last 20 minutes.  They will be peaking for semi

Syferus

Quote from: thejuice on July 19, 2016, 08:58:55 PM
A Kerry teams go, this current one isn't that great and I'd be doubtful if they'll reach the final. Tyrone or Donegal could topple them. whereas if they meet Dublin before the final they'll get beat fairly comfortably.

They'll play Dublin in the semi and be trounced just like they have been in the last three or four meetings between the sides. That is if they make the semis..

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on July 20, 2016, 12:20:19 AM

They'll play Dublin in the semi and be trounced just like they have been in the last three or four meetings between the sides. That is if they make the semis..
That's Kerry into another All Ireland Final so ;D ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

theticklemister

Lancashire will stop Kerry this weekend......

All-Ireland Junior Semi-Final
Saturday 2:00pm
Lancashire v Kerry
Old Bedians
Manchester

seafoid

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/darragh-%C3%B3-s%C3%A9-dublin-could-pay-dear-for-weakened-defence-1.2727538

"The pecking order, as I see it, remains: Dublin out in front, Kerry next, followed closely by Tyrone, with Galway and Mayo together."

I think Galway or Mayo will win Sam

J. K. Galbraith
"The conventional wisdom"gives way not so much to new ideas as to "the massive onslaught of circumstances with which it cannot contend".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBALg4xBWXQ

AZOffaly

I backed Tyrone at the start of the year, and I think they or Mayo have the best chance of dethroning Dublin. I don't think Kerry have the legs for Dublin. Kerry's forward movement will always give them a chance, it's pretty brilliant in the inside line, but I cannot see the athleticism required to live with Dublin for 70 minutes.

Tyrone and Mayo have that, and I think that if Mayo beat Westmeath, the winners of the Tyrone - Mayo quarter final may be the winners in September.

Fuzzman

Who said Kerry always get an easy run to the AI final?
This year it's possible for them to get to a semi final having played Clare, Tipperary and Clare again whereas poor aul Donegal had to play Fermanagh, Monaghan (twice), Tyrone and maybe the Dubs to get to the same stage.

Even the Dubs could have a tough draw this year with Mayo, Kerry and Tyrone all possible opponents.

kerryforsam16

a bit shooting practice on sunday against Clare. We'll win by about 15-20 points. Looking forward to the semi final now.

omagh_gael

Quote from: kerryforsam16 on July 26, 2016, 01:13:02 PM
a bit shooting practice on sunday against Clare. We'll win by about 15-20 points. Looking forward to the semi final now.

You clearly missed those Kerry cute hoor lessons during your formative years. That is it you're actually from Kerry.

tippabu

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 21, 2016, 05:12:06 PM
Who said Kerry always get an easy run to the AI final?
This year it's possible for them to get to a semi final having played Clare, Tipperary and Clare again whereas poor aul Donegal had to play Fermanagh, Monaghan (twice), Tyrone and maybe the Dubs to get to the same stage.

Even the Dubs could have a tough draw this year with Mayo, Kerry and Tyrone all possible opponents.

Fermangh are no better than tipp or clare, monaghan were beaten by longford, this weekend will tell alot about where donegal are. If these teams are being compared to the likes of soft touches tipp and clare theyd still be in the championship. (I do think donegal still have a big say in things). Dublin last year played what? Leinster teams who have been shown up to be certainly no better than any other province, probably touch lower as it is and then fermanagh in the 1/4 final, i wouldnt put that run to an ai semi as being any tougher than kerrys this year

Fuzzman

Tipp have a great chance of making the semifinal but they will find Galway a big step up from Derry. Will it be the first time for a lot of these lads from both teams to be playing in Croker? That can always be daunting no matter how much you play it down but at least both teams are in the same boat.

I see McGuinness is back talking about systems and how he has it Dublin at 1, Kerry at 2 and Tyrone next as being most settled into their system of play. You would imagine this Mayo team are further down the experience line than Tyrone are but maybe he means Tyrone stick rigidly to their system no matter what.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/jim-mcguinness-why-dublin-and-kerry-lead-the-chasing-pack-1.2734258

screenexile

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 26, 2016, 03:20:37 PM
Tipp have a great chance of making the semifinal but they will find Galway a big step up from Derry. Will it be the first time for a lot of these lads from both teams to be playing in Croker? That can always be daunting no matter how much you play it down but at least both teams are in the same boat.

I see McGuinness is back talking about systems and how he has it Dublin at 1, Kerry at 2 and Tyrone next as being most settled into their system of play. You would imagine this Mayo team are further down the experience line than Tyrone are but maybe he means Tyrone stick rigidly to their system no matter what.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/jim-mcguinness-why-dublin-and-kerry-lead-the-chasing-pack-1.2734258

Mayo have had 3 different managers in the past 2 years though . . .

tippabu

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 26, 2016, 03:20:37 PM

Id say theres very few of them who havent played in croke park, different circumstances though. We won div 4 final there 2 years ago and most of the team played there minor in both hurling and football, few survivers also from our 2010? Qualifier there against the dubs. Id imagine wed have as much if not more experience than galway there. I do agree that galway might be that bit too far ahead of us though. Still whereas dublin, kerry, tyrone, donegal could humiliate us there youd have to fancy we'll give galway a good game at the very least.

David McKeown

Kerry's only two matches this year have come against other quarter finalists. Does that mean that statistically they've had the hardest run of any the quarter finalists given they are the only county to have already played two other of the last 8 teams.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

yellowcard

Fitzmaurice building up Clare!!! All the while not believing a word of what he is actually saying!

Eamonn Fitzmaurice says Clare have been disrespected ahead of their All-Ireland quarter-final date with his Kerry side.

The general consensus is that the Kingdom have been granted an easy passage to the last four as they won the Munster title by beating Clare and Tipperary and are now due to take on the Banner County for a second time, but Fitzmaurice points out that Clare - and Tipp - are in the last eight on merit:

"Both teams have gone on to show the quality they have," the Kerry boss is quoted in The Irish News. "I was thinking about it this morning actually. Of the teams that played in Division One this year, only two haven't been beaten by a team from a lower division - ourselves and Dublin.

"The other six have all been beaten by teams in lower divisions. I think that shows the work that is going in by some counties, particularly in Clare and Tipperary, the progress they have made and the wins they have had.

"There was a reaction after the weekend results, when it was confirmed that we were playing Clare, words like 'farcical' were being used and that we were inside in an All-Ireland semi-final without having played the game. Again, I found that disrespectful to Clare, in particular, given they had got to an All-Ireland quarter-final on merit, having played three tough games."