Jimmy's No Longer Winning Matches

Started by screenexile, October 04, 2014, 12:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 05, 2014, 12:33:15 AM
KM had had enough alas, and looking at Sheehy's persistent puerility and that other embittered eejit collins' childishly crass contributions (of late) it's not hard to reason why. He's sorely missed.

I don't think that lad is kerry at all, or if he is has nothing to do with football.

seafoid

KM had had enough alas, and looking at Sheehy's persistent puerility and that other embittered eejit collins' childishly crass contributions (of late) it's not hard to reason why. He's sorely missed.
Are they not the same poster?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

nrico2006

A lot is made of where Donegal were when McGuiness took over.  In all reality, there were not 18 better teams in the Country, although they had badly performed before JMG took over.  I think he is an unbelievable manager and if he was over a county like Tyrone (with a huge playing pool and high standard) then he would have them challenging for SAM in two years.  I do agree to a certain extent that the players don't get the credit.  I looked at the Donegal team before the Dublin/Kerry games and there were as many Donegal players who I would have picked on a best 15 as there were Kerry and Dublin players.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

macdanger2

Great manager, great record, best of luck to him

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on October 05, 2014, 10:04:19 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 05, 2014, 08:28:49 PM
Who?km and Mike sheehy? No.
Collins and Sheehy

KM is normal

Yeah, he was sound. For example he was not a genocidal bigot which is always a good start when considering the character of a person. 

Mike Sheehy

Maybe KM left the board because it was overrun by Nordie WUM's like you ? Did you ever think of that ?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Rossfan on October 04, 2014, 03:54:13 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on October 04, 2014, 02:36:34 PM
I think he made the right decision at the right time, Donegal were not the team they were 2 years ago, and are only heading in one direction at this stage.  Although making it to an All Ireland Final is a great achievement, .... The Kerry game was there for the taking and Donegal were missing that spark to win it. 
+1.
Agree with that alright.
Tom Tom Tommy will hardly be in the frame here.
Batman and Robin  ;D I like it. ;D

Would Paddy Campbell be a decent outside shout. Has experience in 3 counties.

Even alongside Gallagher?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Shamrock Shore

I believe Heather Humphreys is considering appointing John McNulty as next Donegal manager.

He is well qualified apparently.

J70

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 06, 2014, 12:57:25 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 04, 2014, 03:54:13 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on October 04, 2014, 02:36:34 PM
I think he made the right decision at the right time, Donegal were not the team they were 2 years ago, and are only heading in one direction at this stage.  Although making it to an All Ireland Final is a great achievement, .... The Kerry game was there for the taking and Donegal were missing that spark to win it. 
+1.
Agree with that alright.
Tom Tom Tommy will hardly be in the frame here.
Batman and Robin  ;D I like it. ;D

Would Paddy Campbell be a decent outside shout. Has experience in 3 counties.

Even alongside Gallagher?

Wasn't aware of this. What's Paddy been up to?

Is he still playing for Glenties?

Farrandeelin

James Horan has gone from 20/1 to 4/1 to take over from McGuinness.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ck

Jimmy no doubt did a great job but he had some of the best players in Ireland, arguably Mick Murphy is one of the all time greats. Would Jimmys defensive game have seen the light of day without Murphy up front?!

Tubberman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 06, 2014, 04:03:37 PM
James Horan has gone from 20/1 to 4/1 to take over from McGuinness.

Not a hope of that happening I'd say. James Horan has just given 4 years of his life to managing his home county, and they've only recently had another child. I couldn't see how he could or would have the time or energy to throw his lot in with Donegal.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

mlcollins

Quote from: moysider on October 04, 2014, 11:00:03 PM
Quote from: mlcollins on October 04, 2014, 09:29:01 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on October 04, 2014, 12:26:37 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on October 04, 2014, 12:01:25 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on October 04, 2014, 11:37:38 AM
Quote from: screenexile on October 04, 2014, 12:17:59 AM
Huge blow for Donegal... Where do they go from here??

Hard to see themselves or Mayo in the mix next year now with their spiritual leaders gone!!

Your not seriously comparing Horan to McGuinness? Horan was successful in Connacht but failed to win an All Ireland. They were already competitive when he took over and had better players than Donegal. On the other hand Donegal were ranked something like 16-20th in the country when McGuinness took over and actually won an All Ireland and 3 Ulster titles in 4 years.

If Mayo had better players than Donegal then Mayo would have beaten Donegal. McGuinness did great things but those Donegal players aren't a herd of donkeys either.

We hammered them last year and imho would of given them a good rattle in the final this year but we didnt geta chance because cormac reilly and the GAA hierarchy made sure we didnt get a chance.
What a sad and bitter loser you are but sure that is yere lot really, sad, bitter and losers.

Go f**k yerself ye p***k.
What a skanger, typical loser speak, it's in yere genes, ye can't help it.