The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 09, 2014, 02:31:54 PM

Fast forward another year, and out of the blue my wife finds she's pregnant again!

Holy f**K!

You probably had sex.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

cornerback

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 10, 2014, 12:48:19 PM
Quote from: cornerback on July 10, 2014, 11:52:29 AM
Jaysus tbrick, I knew you got a tough time of it but didn't realise the severity.  Glad everything has worked out ok - i'm sure 5 is a handful but the joy they bring makes it all worthwhile - at least I try to keep telling myself that  ;D

I have a close friend who went through the traumatic experience of having stillborn baby.  I don't know how i'd cope in such a situation.  They are now doing the Cookstown Half Marathon raising money for "Sands"

We'd a rough few years cb but thankfully it's all settled down now. 5 bringing joy.....dunno....if you heard the shouting that comes our of our house i'd imagine it doesnt sound much like joy ;D

I think I saw something on FB about the Sands thing. Did they recently do a coffee morning to fund raise?
We keep meaning to do something for Tiny Life, who support families with premature babies. They did a lot for us and eventually we'll get ourselves well enough organised to run something to fund raise for them.

That was a different couple from Ballinascreen.

Under Lights

Quote from: laoislad on July 10, 2014, 01:19:47 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on July 10, 2014, 01:17:54 PM
Child woke at 2am last night. Didn't/couldn't settle. Took her into our bed again.
She seems scared. Wife messaged me this morning to say even when she mentioned going into her room this morning she moaned. I am going to re-arrange the furniture in her room and instructed wife to let her down in it to play during the day to see if it helps. It's like she has had a real scare or is afraid of being alone- must feel abandoned or something.
or maybe....
http://youtu.be/ZSNyiSetZ8Y

Now that you mention it my wife would have always woke up during the night thinking someone was in the house/ she said she thought her Mums house was haunted as it always happened her there. Ghost must have followed her to our new abode. I've just got two crazy girls at home.

johnneycool

Quote from: Olly on July 10, 2014, 01:27:56 PM

Fast forward another year, and out of the blue my wife finds she's pregnant again!

Holy f**K!

You probably had sex.

well she certainly did!!!

Under Lights

Holy f**K!

You probably had sex.

Source?

tbrick18

Quote from: johnneycool on July 10, 2014, 03:08:17 PM

Holy f**K!

You probably had sex.

Are you suggesting I only have 3 kids?

RESULT!!!!!!

gawa316

Some great stories on here.

Hats of to you tbrick, i'd be for the loony bin if twins came our way. We have 2 boys 4 and almost 2 (born in Ireland) and a wee girl aged 7 weeks born in the US.

Literally haven't a minute to ourselves. Once I get the boys down around 8pm, the wee girl is then up fussing til 10, 11 or sometimes 12. Boys then get up at 6 and the day starts again.

First boy was born in Enniskillen, the wife had an awful experience, long story short had to go back into hospital for surgery afterwards, after not been stitched correctly. This boy is finally settling down but jeez he was a challenge. From sleeping, to eating, to tantrums, especially at bigger gatherings, family events where he would just cry the whole time. He's being going to a nursery/pre-k for the last 6 months which has really helped the social side. He is actually super smart and by all accounts is an angel at school, so I will put up with the behaviours at home for now as long as he is doing good at school.

Second cub was born in Craigavon (just about), wife was having major contractions from Ballygawley onwards, I must've been doing 110 on the M1. Like something out of a movie I pulled the car up at the entrance and jumped out yelling, 'Get a nurse, get a nurse...the baby is about to come!' Baby boy popped out 45 mins later. This boy is your regular 2 yr old, occasional tantrums and sleep issues (was up puking all night last night) but nothing out of the ordinary.

Third was born in the the States, again not the best experience for the wife but not as bad as the first. SHe's doing pretty well but has her fussy periods. The wife is trying to exclude dairy at the minute thinking the baby might be lactose intolerant.

Living with the mother-in-law at the minute, whilst we try to buy our own place. Cramped and stressful to say the least.

With our oldest we did the whole controlled crying thing. It worked to a degree but I just think with age he has grown out of it. I now put the boys down to bed. Wash teeth and faces, read a book, say goodnights and let them know that there is no talking and I am listening write outside the door. So far this is working really well, as bedtimes used to be an absolute nightmare. My old work schedule meant I worked until 8pm, would get home by 8.20 and walk into the youngest boy screaming from his cot. Of course this was my fault (according to the wife) and 'grandma' is next to useless, as she is an absolute roll over, giving the boys what they want.

Can't wait to be in our own place again, after almost 2 years of living with family.

Oh the joys!!!

Under Lights

Five weeks after the birth of my daughter we had to rush her into hospital- she had a swelling on her left breast which was protruding. Since birth the breast had been swollen but after numerous check ups with health visitor and GP we were told it was normal.
She was in for 3 nights- we went to the new Erne and were sent on to Royale as Erne didn't have the staff to deal with such a young child. She was put on a antibiotic drip but overall was in fantastic form- far better than Mummy and Daddy. The swelling burst itself and cleaned itself out under the antibiotic. If that hadn't of happened they were going to have to cut and drain- Only 5 weeks into being new parents it was a scary time to us but very tame when I read some of the other stories already mentioned here.

johnneycool

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 10, 2014, 05:08:03 PM

Holy f**K!

You probably had sex.

RESULT!!!!!!

Are twins common on your side of the family?

tbrick18

Quote from: johnneycool on July 11, 2014, 10:38:33 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on July 10, 2014, 05:08:03 PM

Holy f**K!

You probably had sex.

RESULT!!!!!!

Are twins common on your side of the family?

Nope.
No twins on either side of the family.
They're identical too, which is even less common. Supposedly the majority of twins are male/female, i.e. two fertilized eggs. Whereas identical twins are a single egg which splits (I'm told this is more likely to happen the older you get).

johnneycool

What about the postman, any twins in his DNA????
8) 8)

Under Lights

Northern dads, where are you talking your children tomorrow on the bank holday- I am thinking of taking my little one to Smyths Toy Store and letting her have free rein on toys and then buy her one at the end. Another dad was telling me that this is a god fathering technique.

stew

My 24 year old was about to start her masters program but has decided to spend another year working at Butlins in Bognor Regis as a bartender, my 22 year old who was supposed to start her masters next month has decided to take the year off to travel to the few countries she has never been too....................... and you fcukers think ye have problems with nappiers and lack of sleep, guess what, the hoors haunt you for life, constant worry and debt up to the gonads!
:'(
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

take_yer_points

tbrick, how long did your twins spend in neo natal? Were they in the high dependency unit?

tbrick18

Started off in neo-natal high dependancy in the Royal for a little over a week, then they transferred us to Craigavon.
Still in neo-natal, but not high dependancy apart from a few days after the transfer. They spent a further 5 weeks in Craigavon, though one of them had to go back to the Royal for a couple of days for surgery.
We thought they could have got home earlier but they want them to be above a certain weight before letting them go...3lbs I think it was.
I remember when they first started to get fed via tubes, they would get 0.25ml per feed. Over the days it went up to 0.5ml and gradual increments until it got up to 5ml. This was all tube feeds at this point and the wee feckers kept pulling the tubes out.
Then in Craigavon when they tried to stimulate the sucking reflex they used to put the milk into the teat of the bottle and hold it in their mouth.

You learn a lot about how delicate life can be and also how resilient in those circumstances, but without trying to sound sanctimonious, you couldnt really understand the emotions and stress something like that puts you through.

One of the hardest parts was trying to explain it to our other kids, who just wanted to meet their brothers. But, only parents are allowed into the unit, so they had to wait the full 6+ weeks before they got to see them.