Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: gallsman on September 01, 2019, 07:46:35 PM
Jack Mc is the best footballer of his generation and an all time great. He's scarily good.

Agree with that. McCaffrey is the best player in Ireland imo. And he's getting better every year.

tonto1888

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 01, 2019, 05:35:05 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 01, 2019, 04:59:21 PM
Taking off Mannion and Howard is a big call by Gavin.

Mannion was poor I thought

I thought taking off MDMA was a mistake

tonto1888

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 01, 2019, 05:57:10 PM
Quote from: Zulu on September 01, 2019, 05:27:45 PM
People said Dublin would win easily here and that Mayo's opportunity was gone after drawn finals yet they were wrong about today and Mayo were just as competitive in the replays.

Kerry have room for improvement too. Neither Geaney or Clifford had great games and they really need to look at their own kickouts again.

Great game and delighted Kerry, like Mayo before them, showed that the Dubs can be challenged. Should be great game the next day too.

Very true Zulu but also people were saying that Kerry have way better forwards than Mayo and forwards were always Mayo's weakness in their battles with Dublin but Kerry only managed the score Mayo got in 2017!!
It will be very interesting to see what changes are made by Dublin and by Kerry to try and improve.
It seems at this point in time. that Dublin have more room for improvement and Kerry won't have the buffer of a man advantage for 35 plus minutes the next day!
The inexperienced Kerry lads will have gained a lot from today's game and maybe Brian Fenton will have some doubts after being blanked by Jack Barry yet again??

There were rumours that Fenton was not even gonna start today due to injury. After watching him there may have been some truth in them

dublin7

No arguments with Cooper's red card. Kerry no 4 should have gone in the 2nd half though for a 2nd yellow/black card.

Kerry got all the breaks today, 1 point up in injury time, man up with the ball and yet still relying on Rock missing a free for a draw.

Any Mayo moron comparing Rock's free at the end to either of COC misses is an idiot. Last minute free against the breeze right on the sideline after working as part of 2 man FF line in 2nd half due to red card. Odds well against him kicking it.

Dubs to win the replay by at least 4 points. Clifford is carrying an injury for Kerry. Clearly not right and was done physically well before final whistle today.

gallsman

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 01, 2019, 08:28:16 PM

Barely figured in the second half. Jack Barry wasn't as eye catching as he was in the first 20 minutes but I don't know when the last time Fenton was kept so quiet.

Also, he showed a couple of signs of kicking the football, so Gavin was right to haul him ashore given Macauley's, you know, complete inability to play Gaelic football.

trileacman

Jesus head in the sand stuff here. Kerry couldn't beat Dublin despite having an extra man. Kerry were on course for a 10 point beating but for the sending off.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: dublin7 on September 01, 2019, 08:49:03 PM
No arguments with Cooper's red card. Kerry no 4 should have gone in the 2nd half though for a 2nd yellow/black card.

Kerry got all the breaks today, 1 point up in injury time, man up with the ball and yet still relying on Rock missing a free for a draw.

Any Mayo moron comparing Rock's free at the end to either of COC misses is an idiot. Last minute free against the breeze right on the sideline after working as part of 2 man FF line in 2nd half due to red card. Odds well against him kicking it.

Dubs to win the replay by at least 4 points. Clifford is carrying an injury for Kerry. Clearly not right and was done physically well before final whistle today.

Cooper was a total liability today, right from the throw-in -- the first real sign perhaps, of the wheels coming off this awesome Dub machine.

Agree though, that with 15 (non-liabilities) on the park, Dublin should prevail in the replay. Fair dues to Kerry, they put in one mighty shift today, but will fall short, ultimately.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tonto1888

Quote from: gallsman on September 01, 2019, 08:57:13 PM

Barely figured in the second half. Jack Barry wasn't as eye catching as he was in the first 20 minutes but I don't know when the last time Fenton was kept so quiet.

Also, he showed a couple of signs of kicking the football, so Gavin was right to haul him ashore given Macauley's, you know, complete inability to play Gaelic football.

I may be wrong but I thought Dublin looked comfortable before he was taken off. Kerry got better afterwards

square_ball

I thought it was surprising that Paddy Small was first sub in. As the cliche goes he must have been going well in training. I felt he was pretty poor when he come on. The effort he dropped short ended up in the Kerry goal. The other subs were introduced very very late. It's hard to make an impact when you're being introduced in the 68th minute. Does Gavin not think his bench is as good as what is being made out? Maybe Bernard will get into the 26 next day out.

MayoBuck

After watching it again, I don't think Tom O'Sullivan should have got a 2nd yellow. It was a very theatrical fall from Small which made it look bad. Cooper deservedly sent off but the penalty was a joke decision.

You'd fancy Dublin in the replay 15 v 15 but if Cooper and Small start again that's no guarantee.

Wildweasel74

Thought Kerry brought Walsh on too late, he did cause problems and Dublin tried to drag him up the field away from goal. Penalty flaky at best, there was more shout for a penalty in the 2nd half but O'Brien didn't even get a free when he was obviously a getting fouled trying to kick the ball.

gallsman

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 01, 2019, 09:07:45 PM

I may be wrong but I thought Dublin looked comfortable before he was taken off. Kerry got better afterwards

I'd say that was Sherwood coming on more than Maccauley going going off.

screenexile

Harsh!! The man has won a plethora of All Ireland's and while not the silliest of footballers does some amount of work and a great job for Dublin

imtommygunn

Quote from: MayoBuck on September 01, 2019, 09:16:37 PM
After watching it again, I don't think Tom O'Sullivan should have got a 2nd yellow. It was a very theatrical fall from Small which made it look bad. Cooper deservedly sent off but the penalty was a joke decision.

You'd fancy Dublin in the replay 15 v 15 but if Cooper and Small start again that's no guarantee.

I thought that too. Initially I thought had to go being on a yellow but on watching back wasn't so sure.

I thought the ref did a lot right today to be honest.

I also wondered would brogan get back in the squad. As was said Kerry's subs had much greater impact which is very unusual for the dubs.

Wildweasel74

Think he a modern day footballer where the basic ability to kick or solo a ball is not required, but been a strong fielder for yrs though.