JOE BROLLY WON'T BE HAPPY

Started by Winnie Peg, August 13, 2012, 04:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winnie Peg

How will Joe feel now that his favourite team Crossmaglen, have done  a Kildare and poached a young player from a Junior club in Monaghan.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Winnie Peg on August 13, 2012, 04:29:25 PM
How will Joe feel now that his favourite team Crossmaglen, have done  a Kildare and poached a young player from a Junior club in Monaghan.

A young lad decides to play for a club that 3 generations of his family have been involved in for over 100 years, the same team that his father played for for a number of years, the same club where at least 3 of his first cousins play underage football for and his 2 uncles are underage managers, the same club that his grandfather was chairman and president of for years?  No connection whatsoever!!!

RogerMilla

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 13, 2012, 04:55:42 PM
A young lad decides to play for a club that 3 generations of his family have been involved in for over 100 years, the same team that his father played for for a number of years, the same club where at least 3 of his first cousins play underage football for and his 2 uncles are underage managers, the same club that his grandfather was chairman and president of for years? 

tenuous link at best

Winnie Peg

A young lad decides to play for a club that 3 generations of his family have been involved in for over 100 years, the same team that his father played for for a number of years, the same club where at least 3 of his first cousins play underage football for and his 2 uncles are underage managers, the same club that his grandfather was chairman and president of for years?  No connection whatsoever!!!

With that response, BCB, just shows that you are no better than Kildare, robbing a poor Junior club to satisfy your thirst for trophies.
There wouldn't be a club in Ireland that hasn't a player with a parent, an uncle or a cousin playing for another club. What a ridiculous argument.
The questions which have to asked are.

Does he reside in Crossmaglen?
Did he ever play for another club?
If the answers to those questions are YES, then he is a glory hunter and Cross are no better than Kildare but you will not get Joe Brolly lashing out at Them.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Winnie Peg on August 13, 2012, 05:27:06 PM

With that response, BCB, just shows that you are no better than Kildare, robbing a poor Junior club to satisfy your thirst for trophies.
There wouldn't be a club in Ireland that hasn't a player with a parent, an uncle or a cousin playing for another club. What a ridiculous argument.

If the answers to those questions are YES, then he is a glory hunter and Cross are no better than Kildare but you will not get Joe Brolly lashing out at Them.

Whatever, the lad requsted the transfer as ead fallen out with ones in the other set up and that's that.  I don't know where he lives.  What's more I couldn't give a fiddlers damn what you or any other **** thinks. 

Winnie Peg

Typicall arrogance from your club. We';ll play by our rules and Fcuk the Official Guide.

Cold tea

Sad thing is most refs play by their rules as well, especially in the Armagh Championship!

Orchardman

what a silly response. This is first i have heard of this case, don't know who the lad is u are talking about, but it sounds like he has very strong links with the club. When i have a son i know i would be delighted if he returned to play for my former club

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Orchardman on August 14, 2012, 04:12:05 PM

what a silly response. This is first i have heard of this case, don't know who the lad is u are talking about, but it sounds like he has very strong links with the club. When i have a son i know i would be delighted if he returned to play for my former club

And how would you feel if he decided to leave your former club and join your wife's former club in another county?
Careful now

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: Winnie Peg on August 13, 2012, 05:47:54 PM
Typicall arrogance from your club. We';ll play by our rules and Fcuk the Official Guide.

+1

Winnie Peg

Makes me laugh at Crossmaglen players talking about onelife one club. They are the last club who should be spouting that slogan when you look at their record of poaching players.

ogshead

Quote from: Winnie Peg on September 09, 2012, 10:51:35 PM
Makes me laugh at Crossmaglen players talking about onelife one club. They are the last club who should be spouting that slogan when you look at their record of poaching players.

Name the players they have paoched? I am really interested in this response

Whitehair

Ulster Colleges Allstars 2012 Midfield Mel Boyce
School : St Macartan's Monaghan
Club : Tyholland
Mel was the St Macartan's MacRory Cup captain this season, and captained Tyholland to the under 16 club championship. He is a regular on his club's senior team. Mel has represented Monaghan minors for 3 seasons and captained them at under 16 level.
Mel has represented his province in under-age rugby in 2009.

Having seen his picture in the Irish News last week in a Cross jersey i'm guessing this would be the lad in question!?

THE MIGHTY QUINN

He mightn't be the last. I'm told that Oisin, who I understand is involved in the Dundalk IT training set up, has his eye on another lad.

heganboy

Quote from: Winnie Peg on August 13, 2012, 05:47:54 PM

to be honest I always admired this spirit in Crossmaglen, the parish itself as well as the club
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity