The Toughest Trade

Started by Under Lights, February 17, 2015, 01:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

not sure what the big fuss is about here, 1995 wouldn't have seen many englishmen in Cross, other than squaddies.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

armaghniac

Journalists tend to put words in your mouth so that people hear what they expect to hear. The quote is a bit off as it suggests that this programme  could not have been made 20 years ago,which is not true.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Give us a few match reports tomorrow so we can see how he gets on...Could end up playing for Armagh, we may have found Jamie Clarke's partner in FF line... :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Feckitt

Was this fella any good?  I've never heard of him!

illdecide

Quote from: Feckitt on February 18, 2015, 03:43:59 PM

Yeah Jamie Clarke was good in his day ;)

JimStynes

Quote from: Feckitt on February 18, 2015, 03:43:59 PM
He was a good player but didn't fulfil his potential. I think he was signed by Spurs for 17million at one stage. He has played for England and a few times.

Id imagine he would have no problem fitness wise for Gaelic football but general knowledge of the rules and ball handling skills will be his biggest problem i would say.

armaghniac

Quote from: JimStynes on February 18, 2015, 03:52:19 PM
but general knowledge of the rules and ball handling skills will be his biggest problem i would say.

About the same as many players then.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DennistheMenace

He was a prima donna who thought he was the second coming of Beckham, flattered to deceive and possibly one of the biggest let downs of his generation, lacked pace and more interested in his looks. Great striker of the ball though.

illdecide

Quote from: DennistheMenace on February 18, 2015, 04:15:39 PM
He was a prima donna who thought he was the second coming of Beckham, flattered to deceive and possibly one of the biggest let downs of his generation, lacked pace and more interested in his looks. Great striker of the ball though.

That quote above reminded me of a guy called Lynch who ended up working in a Bookies shop in Lurgan...(minus the great striker of a ball ;D)

magpie seanie

I'd say he will struggle with the physicality. Might pop over a few frees though.

oakleaflad

When is this show on the TV?

gallsman

Quote from: DennistheMenace on February 18, 2015, 04:15:39 PM

On the contrary, any time I've ever seen him interviewed he always came across as down to earth and humble.

theticklemister

Quote from: illdecide on February 18, 2015, 03:42:24 PM
Give us a few match reports tomorrow so we can see how he gets on...Could end up playing for Armagh, we may have found Jamie Clarke's partner in FF line... :P

Clarkey is at wingback these days, so maybe he could knock the ball into Bently in theft forward line.

Gabriel_Hurl

gallsman