Doping - don't trust anybody

Started by Denn Forever, July 15, 2013, 02:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Speaking of questions being asked, there was an "interesting" performance by the "Bahraini" Salwa Eid Naser to win the women's 400m last night in the third fastest time of all time.

imtommygunn

I didn't see it but heard a pb by 0.94 of a second?

Dina Asher-Smith won the 200 by over a third of a second which is unheard of though to be fair about 3 or 4 big players did seem to drop out.

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 04, 2019, 07:47:07 PM
I didn't see it but heard a pb by 0.94 of a second?

Dina Asher-Smith won the 200 by over a third of a second which is unheard of though to be fair about 3 or 4 big players did seem to drop out.

There was nobody left to touch her, all gone through injury, fatigue or scheduling difficulties.

In the 400m, Miller-Uibo's excision at the end said everything. Ran a personal best of 48.37 and lost by two tenths. Only Kratochvilova and Koch have run faster than Naser last night.

quit yo jibbajabba

Theres 2 names from the past! Both drugs cheats i presume?

First one had hairy armpits, second one wasnt bad looking? Or is my mind playing tricks 😉😃

Capt Pat

Hassan of the netherlands just completed the 10000 1500 metre double. Her coach Salazar must be delighted with the completely unnatural double of 10000 and 1500. Some people have no shame.

screenexile

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 05, 2019, 07:16:34 PM
Hassan of the netherlands just completed the 10000 1500 metre double. Her coach Salazar must be delighted with the completely unnatural double of 10000 and 1500. Some people have no shame.

Horrible I used to watch athletics all the time but what's the point now?

Mageean seems like a decent sort so watched her she ran well with a pb but she's bound to be wondering what's the point!!

imtommygunn

If dibaba was running it could have been the battle of the juicers! (Allegedly).

Great run from Mageean again. Hopefully she will get a clear run of injuries for the olympics and get better again. Sub 4 hopefully coming. There wouldn't be too long a list of men in Ireland who can do that never mind women.

6th sam

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 05, 2019, 08:53:52 PM
If dibaba was running it could have been the battle of the juicers! (Allegedly).

Great run from Mageean again. Hopefully she will get a clear run of injuries for the olympics and get better again. Sub 4 hopefully coming. There wouldn't be too long a list of men in Ireland who can do that never mind women.

Brilliant performance to hit a pb in a world final.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 02, 2019, 09:22:13 AM
I can't stand him but yeah she really has let herself down. Sounds like don't bite the hand that feeds you and the questionable morals now would make you question what morals she had when she broke those world records!
That was one strange interview Radcliffe did on the BBC. I'd need to watch it again as I got the impression she was saying that Salazar was only cheating a small bit, but look over there, those ones are cheating a lot.

And its OK, no athletes were sanctioned.

imtommygunn

She exposed what she really thinks and now lots that didn't think she was doping(many did too) now think she was doping.

If you're going down the road of infusions, making up thyroid problems asthma etc etc then what is the point. I don't see it.

Never beat the deeler

So apparently Sir Mo thinks that people are questioning whether he doped because they are racist, not because his former coach was convicted of doping violations.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2019/oct/12/bullish-mo-farah-hits-out-at-media-agenda-video

Hasta la victoria siempre

screenexile

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on October 14, 2019, 02:05:38 AM
So apparently Sir Mo thinks that people are questioning whether he doped because they are racist, not because his former coach was convicted of doping violations.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2019/oct/12/bullish-mo-farah-hits-out-at-media-agenda-video

Does he not have a publicist or someone to give him advice about dealing with the media??

Literally the worst possible thing he could say in this situation and patently untrue it makes him look even more guilty!!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: screenexile on October 14, 2019, 11:13:37 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on October 14, 2019, 02:05:38 AM

Does he not have a publicist or someone to give him advice about dealing with the media??

Literally the worst possible thing he could say in this situation and patently untrue it makes him look even more guilty!!

Disaster for Farah....to me he's basically sank himself here.

screenexile

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/sha-carri-richardson-s-image-sullied-by-doping-shadow-of-dennis-mitchell-1.4601242

Like Dave Hannigan's articles he's definitely hit the nail on the head here she can't be associated with these lads if she doesn't want questions to be asked of her!