Connacht Minor, U-20 and Junior championships 2020

Started by Farrandeelin, April 25, 2018, 08:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on June 01, 2018, 08:17:59 PM
Could ye open yer own feckin thread and leave the Connacht Championships alone.

If you want to be a mod you should offer your services. Something tells me you just like shouting from the back of the bus, though.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Zulu on June 01, 2018, 06:53:10 PM
All development is mainly done up to U18 but transforming them into effective adult players is often done from 18 to 22/23. Again, one IC game per year does not help this.
Most good county minor players in the past had the opportunity to develop for 3 full years at U21 level and you only have to look at the current Sligo and Roscommon senior teams to see how many have come from decent U21 teams.

Right now at U20 level we have a situation where good players 18 to 20 are thrown straight into senior setups to see if their can hold their own at that level or for the lesser counties they have no choice but to play their best U20s at senior level because they are light on numbers. One scenario you could have with U20 player is where he plays just one minute of action for his senior team while his U20 team may have won or got far in the U20 championship if he was allowed to play for them. I can't believe how anyone thinks so be it with that when it would be better to play the championship at more suitable time and where all U20s can play.

Next year The U20 grade replaces the U21 grade in hurling. In contrast to football, though, U20 hurlers will be eligible to play both U20 and senior hurling for their county.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Zulu

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 01, 2018, 08:15:22 PM
Apology accepted and i believe nothing i said was wrong.

Once again with that final sentence you prove you can't help yourself almost robotic like responses from you at this stage. Do try harder if not you will deserve another one of these in future  ::)

I didn't apologise to you and the last sentence was a joke but should have known you wouldn't get that. As Rossfan says, it's a Connacht championship thread so I'll leave it there.

Orchard park

Yeah get A room lads if ye want to keep the verbals going

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Orchard park on June 01, 2018, 11:12:36 PM
Yeah get A room lads if ye want to keep the verbals going
A room with him? no thanks.

Quote from: Zulu on June 01, 2018, 08:57:02 PM

I didn't apologise to you and the last sentence was a joke but should have known you wouldn't get that. As Rossfan says, it's a Connacht championship thread so I'll leave it there.
I was leaving it there about 2 or 3 posts back. A self conscious apology it was so. You do jokes now? well thats something different from you and yes you certainly should have known as i don't get half of your bizarre posts.

Blowitupref

Sligo off to a good start 15 mins played Roscommon 0-2 Sligo 2-1
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Level game Roscommon 1-4 Sligo 2-1 25 mins gone.

SLIGONIAN

Ros up a 1pt, we had goal disallowed and hit post to go 9 up, hit loads of wides, need to be more accurate second half but if we had carrabine, o Connor and gaughan we would of destroyed this roscommon team , Red og with 2-1 for us
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Blowitupref

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on June 02, 2018, 07:36:44 PM
Ros up a 1pt, we had goal disallowed and hit post to go 9 up, hit loads of wides, need to be more accurate second half but if we had carrabine, o Connor and gaughan we would of destroyed this roscommon team , Red og with 2-1 for us
A wasteful Sligo team apart from Red OG. The winner of this game will need to improve big time to trouble Galway next.

Syferus

Sligo are utterly pathetic. The problem is so are we on the evidence of that half. One of the worst halves of football I've seen in a long time. They're all young lads but either team is going to get well beaten next weekend, the amount of wides and basic errors in perfect conditions is something to behold.

Also, we're missing at least three of our best players from this group too so whatever about your loses, we have just as many.

Blowitupref

Blowitupref

Game gone totally away from Sligo 2nd half. Roscommon 3-10 Sligo 2-5 with about 10 mins to play.

Mano

Quote from: Syferus on June 02, 2018, 07:42:35 PM

Sligo are utterly pathetic. The problem is so are we on the evidence of that half. One of the worst halves of football I've seen in a long time. They're all young lads but either team is going to get well beaten next weekend, the amount of wides and basic errors in perfect conditions is something to behold.

Also, we're missing at least three of our best players from this group too so whatever about your loses, we have just as many.
Reality is both teams are missing numerous players because of unavailability, injury and Leaving Cert. Sligo missing 4 due to senior and 3 other starters due to Leaving Cert. Im sure Ross are similarly affected. Stronger counties will have better replacements. A once good competition has been destroyed by GAA officialdom.

Syferus

Quote from: Mano on June 02, 2018, 08:37:26 PM

Reality is both teams are missing numerous players because of unavailability, injury and Leaving Cert. Sligo missing 4 due to senior and 3 other starters due to Leaving Cert. Im sure Ross are similarly affected. Stronger counties will have better replacements. A once good competition has been destroyed by GAA officialdom.

Well it didn't help that Cake put three of his best players on the bench. Once Ruane and Murphy were brought on we were a far better side and there was only going to be one result. Sligo got to 2-01 and despite kicking away something in the region of fifteen points didn't score for about 30 minutes in the match.

Still not good enough to bother Galway without a truly special performance, though.

Mano

Quote from: Syferus on June 02, 2018, 08:45:24 PM
Quote from: Mano on June 02, 2018, 08:37:26 PM

Well it didn't help that Cake put three of his best players on the bench. Once Ruane and Murphy were brought on we were a far better side. Sligo got to 2-01 and despite kicking away something in the region of fifteen points didn't score for about 30 minutes in the match.

Still not good enough to bother Galway without a truly special performance, though.
I'm sure he had a reason for putting them on the bench. 3 Sligo lads, one was on the bench and 2 others not in the 24 for missing training last weekend.