The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Ah sure Lucas Bjerregaard beat Tiger, imagine how many majors he's gonna win  ;)

6th sam

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on March 31, 2019, 02:30:39 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2019, 10:25:43 PM
Quote from: highorlow on March 30, 2019, 10:13:19 PM
McIlroy beaten by Old Man Woods, kinda tells a tale.

Explain? Brilliant player beats another brilliant player! Hmmm you are well into your golf

Twice Tiger has now schooled McIlroy in a head to head, imagine he hadn't missed 10 years of his career, rory prob wouldn't have any majors  ;)
Imagine if rory had won this weekend, he'd be back to number 1 in the world. This is from a man that has his best friend as caddy, the same local coach for years, incredible charitable work, and an apparently well rounded life and personality. It's incredible that one of our own is at the very top of a major world sport. Hadn't realised that stat re Rory, woods and Nicklaus. We have an all time great in our midst, let's enjoy it

Rois

Handing in a card today for first time ever, likely to be the highest ever GAABoard handicapper in a few weeks, given the increase in ladies' handicaps  ;D
Have to start somewhere...

Orior

Quote from: Rois on March 31, 2019, 11:18:05 AM
Handing in a card today for first time ever, likely to be the highest ever GAABoard handicapper in a few weeks, given the increase in ladies' handicaps  ;D
Have to start somewhere...

Congrats. Hope you joined a good club :-(
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bigfrank

Many golfers on the board with handicaps?? I'm playing off 15 for past few years,can't seem to get any better or worse at it :P could play 7 days a week if I could find a way to financially support my idea lol

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: 6th sam on March 31, 2019, 10:22:33 AM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on March 31, 2019, 02:30:39 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2019, 10:25:43 PM
Quote from: highorlow on March 30, 2019, 10:13:19 PM
McIlroy beaten by Old Man Woods, kinda tells a tale.

Explain? Brilliant player beats another brilliant player! Hmmm you are well into your golf

Twice Tiger has now schooled McIlroy in a head to head, imagine he hadn't missed 10 years of his career, rory prob wouldn't have any majors  ;)
Imagine if rory had won this weekend, he'd be back to number 1 in the world. This is from a man that has his best friend as caddy, the same local coach for years, incredible charitable work, and an apparently well rounded life and personality. It's incredible that one of our own is at the very top of a major world sport. Hadn't realised that stat re Rory, woods and Nicklaus. We have an all time great in our midst, let's enjoy it

Yes, Woods is an all time great!!

trailer

NLU podcast with Steve Elkington is a good listen this week.

Orior

Quote from: bigfrank on March 31, 2019, 12:29:30 PM
Many golfers on the board with handicaps?? I'm playing off 15 for past few years,can't seem to get any better or worse at it :P could play 7 days a week if I could find a way to financially support my idea lol

I've a 16 handicap more play more like a 24. Lowest I have been is 12 for two weeks.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

David McKeown

Quote from: Orior on March 31, 2019, 07:01:19 PM

I've a 16 handicap more play more like a 24. Lowest I have been is 12 for two weeks.

Got down to 11 when I was kid but went up consistently at uni and when I started work. Was back at 18 when I broke two bones in my back about 6 years and am only now getting back into the game. Would probably be off 24 now. Have to say though I got a new set of Irons a few months ago. Custom fit to me so a little longer and a little more upright. I wish I had those when playing regularly because I easily got them 15% further and with more accuracy. Didn't realise the difference custom fitting could make.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

bigfrank

Where did you go for the custom fit? Andrew Morris or American golf I guess would be the two options.thinking about getting new gear,using second hand clubs I bought off a friend,grips are silky smooth,need either regrouped or new clubs bought.played yesterday,37 points with two dings,might try sneak in a few evening holes this week

David McKeown

Quote from: bigfrank on March 31, 2019, 08:26:24 PM
Where did you go for the custom fit? Andrew Morris or American golf I guess would be the two options.thinking about getting new gear,using second hand clubs I bought off a friend,grips are silky smooth,need either regrouped or new clubs bought.played yesterday,37 points with two dings,might try sneak in a few evening holes this week

Moved to Bangor a few years ago and the local golf shop did it for me. Seems like most new clubs offer it as standard now. Got fitted and the clubs arrived within 4 days. Some difference between my old clubs, the worst fits and the best fits. (About 40 yards carry on a 7 iron)
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Gabriel_Hurl

Great win for McDowell today

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 31, 2019, 11:23:19 PM

Absolutely delighted for GMac. He's seems to genuinely be a top lad. He's the kind of lad that I think us average hackers can look up to. He's not the most athletic and not the longest off the tee but he certainly delivers in the clutch moments. Would love to see him get to Portrush.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on April 01, 2019, 08:16:03 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 31, 2019, 11:23:19 PM

Absolutely delighted for GMac. He's seems to genuinely be a top lad. He's the kind of lad that I think us average hackers can look up to. He's not the most athletic and not the longest off the tee but he certainly delivers in the clutch moments. Would love to see him get to Portrush.

Agree👍👍

Applesisapples

Quote from: David McKeown on March 31, 2019, 08:03:28 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 31, 2019, 07:01:19 PM

Got down to 11 when I was kid but went up consistently at uni and when I started work. Was back at 18 when I broke two bones in my back about 6 years and am only now getting back into the game. Would probably be off 24 now. Have to say though I got a new set of Irons a few months ago. Custom fit to me so a little longer and a little more upright. I wish I had those when playing regularly because I easily got them 15% further and with more accuracy. Didn't realise the difference custom fitting could make.
Playing off 19 ATM, got down to 14 in the winter, target this year is 16.