Tyrone v Donegal - Sunday 18th June at 2pm

Started by Fuzzman, May 29, 2017, 10:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: ned on June 19, 2017, 08:20:22 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on June 18, 2017, 11:44:40 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 18, 2017, 11:39:40 PM
McGinley pulled off some great scores but it drives me mad when a player shoots high in a one on one position. Cavanagh and Brennan should have slid their attempts along the ground. If we can start burying a higher percentage of our goal chances then I think we really have a genuine chance at an AI.

Annoys me when a commentator makes a standard save into an act of phyics defiance.

You can almost hear the commentators brain kicking into reverse when he sees the replay! But nah, I'll just keep with my original wrong analysis.
On the shooting, Monaghan's McManus is brilliant in those one on one situations. Always seems to go low.

Completely agree regarding McManus, always keeps it low making it almost impossible to save. Ironically, I think that's what Tiernan was attempting as well, only he slightly ballsed it up! Still went in though!

tc_manchester

Quote from: Taylor on June 19, 2017, 08:44:34 AM
Head red as a berry today but well worth it after watching a masterclass by Mickey.

Atmosphere wasnt great but think that was because it was so one sided after first 10/15mins.

We are not clinical enough when going for goals. If there is a man over then he should get it. End of story. Fix this and we will be in CP in Sep.

Say it quietly but Murphy could be finished.
Was thinking that myself - After about 25 mins in the first half he was hardly fit to move. He can't play as an up and down the pitch midfielder. He needs to be playing from the halfway line up

T Fearon

Why is the BBC captioning all their staff with their club names?

rosnarun

Quote from: tc_manchester on June 19, 2017, 09:51:47 AM
Head red as a berry today but well worth it after watching a masterclass by Mickey.

Atmosphere wasnt great but think that was because it was so one sided after first 10/15mins.

We are not clinical enough when going for goals. If there is a man over then he should get it. End of story. Fix this and we will be in CP in Sep.

Was thinking that myself - After about 25 mins in the first half he was hardly fit to move. He can't play as an up and down the pitch midfielder. He needs to be playing from the halfway line up
hes grand if hes given a free reign . in the league match in castlebar he look like the best player in the country until aidan o se came on to put him back in his box.
Dont think these you donegal biys are near the player the hype suggests both midfilders take off a sure admission of guilt by management
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

BennyHarp

Quote from: rosnarun on June 19, 2017, 10:16:51 AM
Quote from: tc_manchester on June 19, 2017, 09:51:47 AM

hes grand if hes given a free reign . in the league match in castlebar he look like the best player in the country until aidan o se came on to put him back in his box.
Dont think these you donegal biys are near the player the hype suggests both midfilders take off a sure admission of guilt by management

If this is true then its further proof that Murphy is done!
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

In today's modern game, usually the big name players are rarely given any room or time to operate in unlike years ago.
Murphy's goal v Mayo in the 2012 final where he was left one on one would never happen any more and even then we were all shocked Mayo allowed it to happen.

Donegal have often struggled to get the best out of Murphy, just like Mayo do with O'Shea. Sean Cavanagh struggled yesterday as well and only got 1 point from a free though he missed two goals chances.

Murphy is still and awesome player but he needs a manager who can utilise him better. He's doing loads of great work for his team but too often it's back in his own defence or around midfield but I wonder how many actual shots he had yesterday from play.

screenexile

Murphy looked to be carrying an injury yesterday but one bad game does not mean he's finished!!

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on June 19, 2017, 11:15:53 AM
Murphy looked to be carrying an injury yesterday but one bad game does not mean he's finished!!

Absolutely not - his point off a standing position from about 50 yards off the outside of the boot was just sublime. Still very much a class act.
That was never a square ball!!

ziggysego

A superb game from Tyrone yesterday. It was a joy to watch them playing and showed some great flashes from the noughties. Still, the Ulster Final is a clean slate again and if we're to have an ambitions to be serious contenders, need to keep this up.

Roll on July's game against Down or Monaghan.
Testing Accessibility

J70

Indeed. There's some f**king eejits on this board.

What do they expect of one man in a 30 man game when his team are being completely overwhelmed? Murphy played well for the first 20 minutes or so. Tyrone then hit that purple patch when they took over at midfield and went charging through to score at will. Ten minutes later, the game was over. That middle section of the field was filled with inexperienced, young, light players for Donegal and they couldn't cope. I'm not sure what a single player in Murphy is supposed to do, especially when so much ball is being broken down and gather by the Tyrone men?

J70

One of the few bright spots for Donegal - McBrearty scored four superb long range points from play.

Whatever about Murphy - what about Ryan McHugh? He hardly got a touch yesterday. Is he finished, according to the experts here?

WT4E

Quote from: WT4E on June 16, 2017, 12:28:19 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on June 16, 2017, 09:58:53 AM
Who would you change WT4?

Mickey might be thinking bringing on McCarron for 2nd half to mark MM.

McBrearty was well "held" last year so I wonder will he come out the field more this time.

For me I would put in either Lee B. or D McCurry in the corner and matty out to wing forward with possibly mcgeary dropping out (unluckly) - I would really like to see another out and out inside forward in there with Bradley.

Not sure he'll bring McCarron back in but if he did i'm not sure who he would drop out - I would drop McCrory out but Mickey defo wouldn't do that.

Are we convinced about Hampsey yet? He looked ponderous in the game at Celtic Park I thought although didn't do anything wrong but Donegal is a different kettle of fish to Derry who are Div 3 outfit!!!

Well that answers my question! :D

Tyrone looked like All Ireland contenders yesterday - consistency is now the key to it all.

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on June 19, 2017, 11:33:01 AM

Indeed. There's some f**king eejits on this board.
thread

Rois

We thought Murphy got a heavy knock when he put in a tackle that seemed to take a bit out of him.

I'd take a "finished" Murphy any day. 

Man Marker

Clown, what would you give to see Murphy playing at Full Forward for a sustained period of time. All the players we love essentially are playing their best positions, not Murphy, just imagine