Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: screenexile on December 02, 2018, 10:16:34 AM
I watched it with dodgy Russian commentary this morning but when has being difficult to hit been the basis for winning a fight??

Fury barely touched Wilder the whole fight and Wilder had 2 knockdowns which should be a 4 point advantage... apart from that the fight was quite even in terms of what landed for both so I would have given Wilder the shout.

Good scrap though!!

Floyd Mayweather made a very successful career out of that.

nrico2006

Quote from: themac_23 on December 02, 2018, 12:14:25 PM
Enjoyed the fight, Fury done what Fury does, dodges and counters, hes class at it, not everyones cup of team but how someone at that size, weight and build can make themselves so hard to hit is impressive, the thing about heavyweight boxing is it can just take that one shot and Wilder landed it, how Fury got up is a real credit to him just shows that although his main attribute is not getting hit he can also take the shots when they land. Im actually gutted for Fury because to all who have an idea on boxing he won that fight, i think it was Mayweather said one time, theres more to boxing than throwing punches. I like Wilder but you could tell how frustrated he was at not being able to hit fury in the opening rounds, he didint really know how to react, when they do face off again i would like to think that it'll be a different fight, Wilder will have the experience of 12 rounds with Fury and will have a better idea of how to fight, in saying that id love it to be in a big stadium in England and Fury to win.

Fury will only get better too. Heard ones saying wilder will be better next time but fury cant improve. How? They were the same ones saying recently that Fury would obviously improve with more fights, now all of a sudden he has no room for improvement? How the judge gave Wilder the fight I will never know. Some fights are tight and hard to score, but this wasnt one of them. Fury dominated bar the knockdowns, and you could even have an argument for a 10-9 in one of those rounds too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Medic

MMA Pros React to Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder Draw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJl600rvRAA
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

heganboy

How the hell did Fury get up from that? The first punch sure but the cross on the way down was fierce.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Milltown Row2

Ringside commentator Teddy Atlas didn't hold back when describing the judges at the Fury fight, called them cowards
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

For Wilder to win, he would have needed what, another 4 rounds out of the 10 (not counting the 9th and 12th)?  Joke, strong case that Fury won at least 9 of the other 10 rounds.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 03, 2018, 10:42:57 AM
For Wilder to win, he would have needed what, another 4 rounds out of the 10 (not counting the 9th and 12th)?  Joke, strong case that Fury won at least 9 of the other 10 rounds.

I don't think so there were a few rounds that were close enough and could have gone either way. . . Fury spending so much time holding as well while Wilder was throwing punches (and missing I'll agree) probably didn't help his cause.

I'd happily watch them scrap again and I don't think it affects the Joshua fight as he probably wouldn't have boxed either early next year anyway!

Taylor

For Fury to win he had to win clearly, to many it looked like he did but Screen is right that a few of the rounds were tight(ish) and with Wilder throwing punches (mostly missing) it may have tainted the judges viewing.

Joshua would not beat either of them and Eddie knows that. Will avoid them for as long as he can and fight duds like Whyte etc and make as much as he possibly can.

screenexile

Quote from: Taylor on December 03, 2018, 11:01:49 AM
For Fury to win he had to win clearly, to many it looked like he did but Screen is right that a few of the rounds were tight(ish) and with Wilder throwing punches (mostly missing) it may have tainted the judges viewing.

Joshua would not beat either of them and Eddie knows that. Will avoid them for as long as he can and fight duds like Whyte etc and make as much as he possibly can.

I agree with that I don't think he'll fight them until he's exhausted everything else but they're 2 big paydays for him when the time comes and I think the fights will happen at some stage!

Milltown Row2

Well then its strange that ringside boxing commentators of 40 years experience of doing that job, described it as being a disgrace!  Americans also..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Medic

Evgeny Romanov | THE MAN WHO KNOCKED OUT DEONTAY WILDER... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1gTxYRy93w
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

AZOffaly

I scored it 116-113 to Fury, for whatever that's worth. I had him winning 7 of the 12 rounds and drawing 3. The only rounds I had Wilder winning were the knockdown rounds, which I scored 10-8.

nrico2006

A lot of the rounds weren't really that tight.  Fury was making Wilder miss constantly and was using the jab to control the pace.  I'm sure the punch stats would back up the fact that Fury landed more too.  He was the clear winner.  After five rounds Mayweather had Fury 5 up. 

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 03, 2018, 12:39:32 PM
I scored it 116-113 to Fury, for whatever that's worth. I had him winning 7 of the 12 rounds and drawing 3. The only rounds I had Wilder winning were the knockdown rounds, which I scored 10-8.

Giving Wilder one of your drawn rounds and scoring one of the close rounds 10-9 to Wilder instead of Fury would take it to 114-114 which shows how fine the margins are. The 115-111 to Wilder is an outlier though.

The BBC correspondent said it was contentious rather than controversial in that he thought Fury won but also thought enough rounds were hard to call that he could see how others might score it different.

I thought Fury won

Jeepers Creepers

To beat a champion, do you not have to either knock him out or Win almost every round?