Motion to ban Dolph1

Started by Eamonnca1, December 26, 2018, 04:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on December 27, 2018, 09:25:21 AM
I was reported for disagreeing with someone. Got warned and put on a watched list (WTF?). No explanation. Some people should really just get over themselves.

Exactly.
I've seen your posts on SF and whilst i disagree with you am i offended? No.
Would i ever report you/call to ban you? No... this isn't 1930s Germany.

imtommygunn

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 27, 2018, 08:08:51 AM
Quote from: Syferus on December 27, 2018, 12:49:58 AM
What a pathetic grouping of middle-aged to old men who don't realise the dinosaurs they are. Leaving it to the rest of us to mop up your slop after you're dead and buried.

Take off your cape and get your mom to put time restrictions on your internet access. You are taking this discussion board WAY too seriously.

;D

If he takes time out though how will we know when to be outraged and more importantly how outraged should we be. We need to be sure how outraged we are is the correct amount. Too much outrage is probably ok but too little is unacceptable ;D

Rossfan

Ban all men over 25
That should keep Sufferus happy ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rossfan on December 27, 2018, 10:25:32 AM
Ban all men over 2515
That should keep Sufferus happy ;D

Fixed that for you.

armaghniac

It might be worth banning American ip numbers, a lot of fake news comes from there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trueblue1234

Quote from: stephenite on December 27, 2018, 01:53:39 AM
Quote from: Syferus on December 27, 2018, 12:49:58 AM
What a pathetic grouping of middle-aged to old men who don't realise the dinosaurs they are. Leaving it to the rest of us to mop up your slop after you're dead and buried.

The self importance that you are both displaying is really rather disturbing.
Amen to this. Absolutely astounding levels of self importance and arrogance.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Eamonnca1

Indeed. Some self-important people around here.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 27, 2018, 07:59:14 PM

Says the man who started a thread to start a campaign to have a poster banned....

trileacman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 27, 2018, 07:59:14 PM

Do yourself a favour and leave the board Eamonnca. Starting a thread to get a poster banned is parhetic. We all get exasperated by some posts  and certain posters but all the rest of us either ignore them or ignore the board for a while. It's pathetically precious to think you've a right to post on here that Dolph doesn't have. If you can point out where he broke the rules report him otherwise put up and shut up.

You tried labelling him a racist, a misogynist, an alt-right, a nazi etc but to no avail and the next step is to get him banned because he's upsetting you. Who'd you complain to first about him? Your mother or your school teacher?

As someone correctly recalled you tried this before to get a poster banned. If the content of Gaaboard upsets you this much you'd be safer off sticking to the echo chamber that is the comment section of guardian editorials.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Eamonnca1

Dolph1

It's good that other people on here are beginning to notice the trend of some individuals attempting to stifle free speech and want to totally ban differing opinions. If these thought police are allowed to get their way who knows what other freedoms they will advocate removing next. I am for free speech but you have to allow both sides. And anyway, its a GAA messageboard, not the UN.

Calling someone a Nazi just because you don't like their point of view is very dangerous. I'm pro-life while I'm guessing eamonnca1 is pro-abortion. I thought nazis send children to their death?? How does that work again eamonnca1? Should you get a label??

These guys thinking they are social justice warriors are plain delusional. They need to be stood up to and challenged rather than indulged.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Syferus

Quote from: Dolph1 on December 31, 2018, 03:56:33 PM
It's good that other people on here are beginning to notice the trend of some individuals attempting to stifle free speech and want to totally ban differing opinions. If these thought police are allowed to get their way who knows what other freedoms they will advocate removing next. I am for free speech but you have to allow both sides. And anyway, its a GAA messageboard, not the UN.

Calling someone a Nazi just because you don't like their point of view is very dangerous. I'm pro-life while I'm guessing eamonnca1 is pro-abortion. I thought nazis send children to their death?? How does that work again eamonnca1? Should you get a label??

These guys thinking they are social justice warriors are plain delusional. They need to be stood up to and challenged rather than indulged.

Given the mask has slipped there isn't much point you trying to put it back on again.

lynchbhoy

Good to see common sense still exists here on occasion.
Too many self righteous gobsihtes like the two main protagonists who protest too much
Woukdnt get away with such slander and bully boy tactics in real life!...

Syferus

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 31, 2018, 06:21:58 PM
Good to see common sense still exists here on occasion.
Too many self righteous gobsihtes like the two main protagonists who protest too much
Woukdnt get away with such slander and bully boy tactics in real life!...

You realise you're describing yourself and not me, right?