Fawning over Mayo

Started by TheGreatest, July 03, 2018, 10:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on July 05, 2018, 05:29:35 PM
I get the narrative it's coming near the end for maybe three or  four players but wtf is this obituary stuff .  Mayo are always capable of winning connacht  for a start .

The current team seems to be having awful bother even making the final.. Larrin, it must be tough being you this week. There's a Roscommon game this weekend so maybe you could sign into another of your accounts and try to get your kicks by WUMing?

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on July 05, 2018, 05:34:56 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on July 05, 2018, 05:29:35 PM
I get the narrative it's coming near the end for maybe three or  four players but wtf is this obituary stuff .  Mayo are always capable of winning connacht  for a start .

The current seems to be having awful bother even making the final.. Larrin, it must be tough being you this week. There's a Roscommon game this weekend so maybe you could sign into another of your accounts and try to get your kicks by WUMing?

Wtf
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Crete Boom

Quote from: dublin7 on July 05, 2018, 05:10:23 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on July 05, 2018, 03:30:27 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on July 05, 2018, 02:45:27 PM
So every loss Mayo suffered to Dublin was down to poor refereeing.  Heard it all now.

I remember replay 2015 Mayo were 4 points up at 55 minutes and lost by 7 points, I suppose that was down to the referee.

Mayo have got an easy ride of the media and referees all through out this decade, got away with some serious on field violence and still couldn't get over the line.

Did your man from Mayo tell you this during your half time break in the financial game?seriously though if you think Mayo are any dirtier or more cynical than Dublin or get an easier ride from referees or in the media than Dublin you are deluded!!
But I will humour you though, give me ten specific examples of where Mayo have gotten an easier ride than Dublin by a referee, the media and on field violence they have gotten away with.

how many elbows had Cillian O'Connor delivered before he finally picked up a red v galway.  Too many to mention individually, but when he did finally get sent off all you hear is that it was out of character for him!!

If it so many then again give me ten specific examples of how Mayo are so much dirtier, more cynical, get an easier time in the media or from referees than Dublin or any other of the top teams!

TheGreatest

Stats are there, look at last 3 years in league and championship,  look at blacks, yellows and reds, free counts.

Seems particular more so in the last couple of years, possible frustration of not winning.

What, the Media darlings Mayo, come off it man.

mup

So every loss Mayo suffered to Dublin was down to poor refereeing.  Heard it all now.

I remember replay 2015 Mayo were 4 points up at 55 minutes and lost by 7 points, I suppose that was down to the referee.

Mayo have got an easy ride of the media and referees all through out this decade, got away with some serious on field violence and still couldn't get over the line.

Did your man from Mayo tell you this during your half time break in the financial game?seriously though if you think Mayo are any dirtier or more cynical than Dublin or get an easier ride from referees or in the media than Dublin you are deluded!!
But I will humour you though, give me ten specific examples of where Mayo have gotten an easier ride than Dublin by a referee, the media and on field violence they have gotten away with.

how many elbows had Cillian O'Connor delivered before he finally picked up a red v galway.  Too many to mention individually, but when he did finally get sent off all you hear is that it was out of character for him!!

Probably the same amount of bites that Philly McMahon delivered before he finally got sanctioned. Oh wait...he never got sanctioned did he. But sure his tough upbringing and charity work glossed over that.  ::)

Glasshouses and stones come to mind.

Crete Boom

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 06, 2018, 09:10:26 AM
Stats are there, look at last 3 years in league and championship,  look at blacks, yellows and reds, free counts.

Seems particular more so in the last couple of years, possible frustration of not winning.

What, the Media darlings Mayo, come off it man.

More bluster and heresay, didn't Jim Gavin blame the referees when Dublin were the highest in the stats for frees conceeded and black cards in 2015 (which could be true in fairness to him).
Ten or more specific examples should be easy for a team you believe to be the dirtiest of all time. Again if Mayo are media darlings why don't you link at least 5 articles from big team cheer leaders in the media like Martin Breheny or Joe Brolly  for instance??

Lar Naparka

Quote from: mup on July 06, 2018, 09:16:11 AM

Probably the same amount of bites that Philly McMahon delivered before he finally got sanctioned. Oh wait...he never got sanctioned did he. But sure his tough upbringing and charity work glossed over that.  ::)

Holy smokes! I did a double take when I read your post. I thought it sectioned you said!
Come to think of it, himself and a few of his mates could do with a compulsory holiday. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

TheGreatest

Sorry lads but this thread is about Mayo. Deflections to other teams is a poor contribution to the thread.

But he did that and they did this.

See Galway Mayo game this year as example.

Crete Boom

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 06, 2018, 10:06:14 AM
Sorry lads but this thread is about Mayo. Deflections to other teams is a poor contribution to the thread.

Okay give me ten specific examples from this game of how Mayo are the dirtiest team ever, got a free ride from the referees, got favourable media treatment and how they were so much more the cynical team (more than any other team) in this game!

Specific: adjective, clearly definied of indentified.

I think this thread might be more about how you see Mayo than mayo itself but that is just my opinion not necessarliy a fact!! ;)

mup

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 06, 2018, 09:53:55 AM

Holy smokes! I did a double take when I read your post. I thought it sectioned you said!
Come to think of it, himself and a few of his mates could do with a compulsory holiday. ;D

;)

Farrandeelin

You're weird obsession with a team who hasn't won Sam in 67 yrs counting continues. We know we're no angels, no team at the top is. I thought you'd be enjoying the rest of the championship seeing as Dublin are about to win the 4 in a row, but here you are going on about Mayo...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

dublin7

Quote from: Crete Boom on July 06, 2018, 10:45:04 AM

Okay give me ten specific examples from this game of how Mayo are the dirtiest team ever, got a free ride from the referees, got favourable media treatment and how they were so much more the cynical team (more than any other team) in this game!

Specific: adjective, clearly definied of indentified.

I think this thread might be more about how you see Mayo than mayo itself but that is just my opinion not necessarliy a fact!! ;)

If you think I'm going looking for 10 times CO Celbowed playerys , well lifes too short.  Offf the top of my head..

Against Dublin in the All Ireland semi final when he took out Rory O'Carroll
League game in croker he elbowed Philip McMahon and should have been sent off. 
Last year in the first game against Roscommon he should have got a red card

That's 3 times he should have been sent off for the same offence and doesn't include the red he did get against Galway

Gael85

When did Philly bite someone??If that Kerrigan incident Cork would have reported that? He was rightly sanctioned for gouge on Donaghy and should have got more than one game. What about the player who sledged him about his dead brother? Your out of order bringing his upbringing into this.

Therealdonald

On another note, did any of you see that video of the Mayo lads singing Garth Brooks?? Jesus Mary and St Joseph, after getting dumped out of the Championship and you're gathered round a banjo singing '' I will sail my vessel untill the river runs dry'' . Heaven have mercy what a bundle of vain primadonnas.

Gael85

Quote from: Therealdonald on July 06, 2018, 04:48:02 PM
On another note, did any of you see that video of the Mayo lads singing Garth Brooks?? Jesus Mary and St Joseph, after getting dumped out of the Championship and you're gathered round a banjo singing '' I will sail my vessel untill the river runs dry'' . Heaven have mercy what a bundle of vain primadonnas.

There amateur players and entitled to do what they want.