Football qualifier route 2019

Started by Blowitupref, May 22, 2019, 01:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 01, 2019, 01:14:46 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 01, 2019, 01:03:10 PM
Quote from: recyclebin on July 01, 2019, 10:31:21 AM
Exciting for who? Kildare and Roscommon were hammered. Go back to straight knockout for quarter finals and scrap the super 8s. We don't have 8 super teams.
very good point

The super 8s was created primarily for 2 reasons:

1. To ensure Dublin could not be caught cold in a one-off game coming out of Leinster and meeting a good team in the quarter finals
2. To give more TV coverage for sponsors which disproportionally benefits Dublin again.
You're a complete and utter moron.
The board's cancer.

Lucky for you the mods are morons too.
I know from a message from one of the Tyrone posters that your a known liar and thief.
Lucky for me the ignore function is available, so at least I never have to read another word from you.
Lowlife.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Hound on July 01, 2019, 11:09:01 PM
Exciting for who? Kildare and Roscommon were hammered. Go back to straight knockout for quarter finals and scrap the super 8s. We don't have 8 super teams.
very good point

1. To ensure Dublin could not be caught cold in a one-off game coming out of Leinster and meeting a good team in the quarter finals
2. To give more TV coverage for sponsors which disproportionally benefits Dublin again.
The board's cancer.

I know from a message from one of the Tyrone posters that your a known liar and thief.
Lucky for me the ignore function is available, so at least I never have to read another word from you.
Lowlife.

That's a bit of an over reaction, Hound, maybe due to previous issues with the same poster. If the general point was made like this, would there be such a backlash

1. To ensure the top 3-4 teams could not be caught cold in a one-off game coming out of their province and meeting a good team in the quarter finals
2. To give more TV coverage for sponsors.

You're well able to rebut the points without the words cancer, moron, thief, lowlife
Hasta la victoria siempre

omaghjoe

Quote from: Hound on July 01, 2019, 11:09:01 PM
very good point

The board's cancer.

Lowlife.
;D ;D ;D

Corkscrew

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2019, 10:07:12 AM
I have a sneaky feeling Laois might beat cork.

Also I think Clare will give Meath their fill of it.

That's a very sneaky feeling.

Halfquarter

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 30, 2019, 12:31:10 PM
Quote from: Halfquarter on June 30, 2019, 12:12:56 PM
Quote from: grassHarrow on June 30, 2019, 11:43:39 AM
No team will be afraid of being in Kerrys group after the Cork display AND now that  PK&TG are taking the training sessions. (MF&DB in the stands looking on ... great  view)

I think Cork are being underestimated, they have turned a corner, they could cause plenty trouble for someone yet.

Turned a corner because they had one decent performance? Cork are always capable of those 1 of those game v Mayo 2 years ago was a prime example. Next weekend will tell where Cork really stand and prove if they have improved or not. Last 4 years they have been knocked out at the round 4 stage and lets not forget they were relegated to Div 3 this spring.

Well,they look like they have improved.

tippabu

Quote from: Halfquarter on July 06, 2019, 08:01:41 PM
No team will be afraid of being in Kerrys group after the Cork display AND now that  PK&TG are taking the training sessions. (MF&DB in the stands looking on ... great  view)

I think Cork are being underestimated, they have turned a corner, they could cause plenty trouble for someone yet.

Turned a corner because they had one decent performance? Cork are always capable of those 1 of those game v Mayo 2 years ago was a prime example. Next weekend will tell where Cork really stand and prove if they have improved or not. Last 4 years they have been knocked out at the round 4 stage and lets not forget they were relegated to Div 3 this spring.

Yes it does appear this way. Super 8s will be a huge step up though. To date they have beaten limerick and laois to reach a super 8s. Very good performance against Kerry, I'm not taking away but they have gotten a decent draw to this point. Fair dues to them though, have heard very positive things since the end of the league and they have a feel good factor that's been missing for far too long

Blowitupref

Quote from: Halfquarter on July 06, 2019, 08:01:41 PM

Have improved after all its the first time they have reached the last 8 since 2014? In the next few weeks we'll all see how much trouble they can cause Dublin and Tyrone in Croke Park.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

BennyHarp

If Meath win there's a nice symmetry to the Super 8. 2 Ulster, 2 Leinster, 2 Connacht and 2 Munster with one in each group.
That was never a square ball!!

tippabu

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 07, 2019, 02:07:53 PM
If Meath win there's a nice symmetry to the Super 8. 2 Ulster, 2 Leinster, 2 Connacht and 2 Munster with one in each group.

If the lose obviously Munster is the strongest footballing province;) (That's a joke before everyone gets the pitchforks out!!)

Cunny Funt

Good start for Clare and on top in midfield.  Meath with 0-4 scored already thats what they scored in 70 mins v Dublin.

SouthDublinBro

Has Marty from the banner county been able to stay neutral so far during his commentary?

sid waddell

Very enjoyable game here, a ding donger

Even with weaker counties like these two, the standard of Gaelic football is higher than ever before

The winner will get smashed in the Super 8 but so what, winning this sort of game can be an end in itself

Clare have played the better football

I think they'll go on and win it

Blowitupref

Clare 0-12 Meath 1-9 at half time. A good enjoyable game between two well matches side with some fine scores, yet at half time Joanne complaining about the quality of game. It is not possible for RTE to say anything positive about football nowadays?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

First wide for Meath today on 45 minutes can someone remind me how many wides they had in the Leinster final?

sid waddell

Very exciting game, but both teams were out on their feet by 45 minutes.

That's the difference between the top teams and the also-rans.

Meath can count themselves very lucky to have held on there, no idea at all how to kill a game.

Fook knows what the Clare lad was at going for the point at the end.

Butchery awaits Meath in all three of their Super 8 matches.