Football qualifier route 2019

Started by Blowitupref, May 22, 2019, 01:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meathie

BennyCake

Quote from: BennyCake on June 11, 2019, 10:45:00 PM
Yer man with the Offaly jersey wasn't behind the goal in Tullamore at the Offaly London qualifier. Or is it Portlaoise he's always at?

He has got himself a stewards job!

Ball Hopper

So we are down to 12 still standing. 

Leinster have 3 left - Dublin, Meath and Laois

Ulster have 3 left - Donegal, Cavan and Tyrone

Connacht have 3 left - Roscommon, Galway and Mayo

Munster have 3 left - Kerry, Cork and Clare.

Such equality between the provinces is rare.  Pity the winner is so easily chosen.

Rossfan

Unless the draw puts some of them together in Round 4 the last 8 most likely to be Tyrone, Mayowestros, Galway and Cavan plus the 4 Provincial Champions.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

An Fhairche Abu

Galway playing like they did in the Connacht final when Roscommon made it a real championship match in the second half wouldn't beat any of them, collapsed like a house of cards, absolutely wretched stuff.
We'll see if there's any kick in them but I was waiting all year to see what would be the championship form, so far it's been extremely disappointing to say the least.

Ball Hopper

If Tyrone v Galway and Mayo v Meath OR  Tyrone v Meath and Mayo v Cork

A Group of Death will likely appear...

Donegal, Kerry, Tyrone, Mayo   OR   Dublin, Roscommon, Tyrone , Mayo

thejuice

Meath can't meet Laois again. Would love to play Mayo. It's been too long since we last met in a championship game.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Farrandeelin

Quote from: thejuice on June 30, 2019, 07:52:36 AM
Meath can't meet Laois again. Would love to play Mayo. It's been too long since we last met in a championship game.

Of course you would. Ye keep beating us.

Very wary of all four teams. All could land the fatal blow to Mayo this year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

giveballaghback

Ros/Dub group is already the group of death with realistically only one semi final spot between ros and whoever the 2 qualifiers are, first qualifer up gets a tanking from dublin thats for sure and then ros have their match at a neutral venue against dubs in cp.
The last thing we need is to see tyrone or the green and red again but I suppose when you are in the so called super 8s you are at the sharp end. 

Rossfan

True ballagh.
No easy games....but then again Laois , Meath and Clare are only 70 minutes from the last 8.
And of course we get 2 away games but it would be mean spirited  to complain when 2 thirds of the Congress said that's OK.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

grassHarrow

No team will be afraid of being in Kerrys group after the Cork display AND now that  PK&TG are taking the training sessions. (MF&DB in the stands looking on ... great  view)

twohands!!!

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 30, 2019, 01:05:34 AM
Galway playing like they did in the Connacht final when Roscommon made it a real championship match in the second half wouldn't beat any of them, collapsed like a house of cards, absolutely wretched stuff.
We'll see if there's any kick in them but I was waiting all year to see what would be the championship form, so far it's been extremely disappointing to say the least.

Very much look like a team where the manager has run out of road in the championship this year and a new voice is needed.

I can't help but shake the notion that, like Monaghan and Kildare, some of the squad might not be all that pushed about getting to the Super 8 again this year.

Halfquarter

Quote from: grassHarrow on June 30, 2019, 11:43:39 AM
No team will be afraid of being in Kerrys group after the Cork display AND now that  PK&TG are taking the training sessions. (MF&DB in the stands looking on ... great  view)

I think Cork are being underestimated, they have turned a corner, they could cause plenty trouble for someone yet.

J70

Quote from: Rossfan on June 30, 2019, 11:00:00 AM
True ballagh.
No easy games....but then again Laois , Meath and Clare are only 70 minutes from the last 8.
And of course we get 2 away games but it would be mean spirited  to complain when 2 thirds of the Congress said that's OK.

Complain away.

Its not your fault that two thirds of the Congress are f**king idiots.

Meanwhile, I'm sure plenty of those two thirds whine away about the advantages and favouritism the Dubs enjoy.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 30, 2019, 11:51:39 AM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 30, 2019, 01:05:34 AM

Very much look like a team where the manager has run out of road in the championship this year and a new voice is needed.

I can't help but shake the notion that, like Monaghan and Kildare, some of the squad might not be all that pushed about getting to the Super 8 again this year.
Galway got a bigger beating in the 2017 Connacht final v Roscommon and recovered to win the round 4 tie v Donegal 4-17 to 0-14.  They should beat Clare,Laois if drawn against them and if paired v Mayo it could go either way. I can't see Galway beating Tyrone though. Kevin Walsh has done 5 years now he will likely have to reach another AI semi final to be kept on for a 6th year.

Monaghan couldn't have notions of reaching the last 8 again when they couldn't produce any decent run of form this summer.  Kildare and Cian O'Neill had one big win last year and that win v Mayo wouldn't have happened but for a siege mentality was built up what followed was a very winnable round 4 tie. Any notion was gone for them this year when drawn v Tyrone.