Football qualifier route 2019

Started by Blowitupref, May 22, 2019, 01:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

A little off topic,

in the super 8's, are the provincial winners' grouping predetermined, i.e If Dublin, Donegal, Kerry and Galway all win, which two will be paired in which group or is it determined by an open draw.

Q2, If the first series of games are held at the provincial winners home ground, and the second series are held in Croke Park, where will the third series be held, first out of the hat having home advantage ?. Aside from Dublin having two home games, two teams will have no home game.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: joemamas on June 10, 2019, 09:52:24 PM
A little off topic,

in the super 8's, are the provincial winners' grouping predetermined, i.e If Dublin, Donegal, Kerry and Galway all win, which two will be paired in which group or is it determined by an open draw.

Q2, If the first series of games are held at the provincial winners home ground, and the second series are held in Croke Park, where will the third series be held, first out of the hat having home advantage ?. Aside from Dublin having two home games, two teams will have no home game.

Look it up yourself...here is the link

https://www.gaa.ie/sportteller-content/stories/1/1/df726843-3951-459b-af6e-729c19588760/index.html#Slide_1

Hound

A little off topic,

The third game is at the home venue of the qualifiers.
Big mistake that they've changed the order. There were moans last year that provincial winners should get their first game at home, to give them extra advantage. But they already have an extra advantage by getting straight into the Super 8, without having to play a qualifier. The new arrangement means Dublin's away game could be a dead rubber. There'll be a lot more moaning about that when the media figures that one out.

The pairings of where the provincial champs is pre-arranged
Edit. Leinster and Connacht champions paired together I see

joemamas

Quote from: Hound on June 10, 2019, 10:03:06 PM
A little off topic,

The third game is at the home venue of the qualifiers.
Big mistake that they've changed the order. There were moans last year that provincial winners should get their first game at home, to give them extra advantage. But they already have an extra advantage by getting straight into the Super 8, without having to play a qualifier. The new arrangement means Dublin's away game could be a dead rubber. There'll be a lot more moaning about that when the media figures that one out.

The pairings of where the provincial champs go I'd pre-arranged, but don't know what it is.
Edit. Leinster and Connacht champions paired together I see

Thanks

so that means that the second series of games in Croke Park, would feature Dublin V Galway and Kerry V Donegal , together with the other four qualifiers playing each other.
(assuming that the aforementioned win their provincials)

lenny

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 10, 2019, 06:44:42 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on June 10, 2019, 05:54:15 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 10, 2019, 08:42:46 AM
Westmeath  1/10 v Limerick 13/2
Longford 8/1 v Tyrone 1/14
Antrim 11/2 v Kildare 1/8
Leitrim 5/2 v Clare 2/5
Down 11/2 v Mayo 1/8
Derry 8/15 v Laois 15/8
Offaly 2/7 v Sligo 10/3
Monaghan 4/7 v Armagh 7/4

Odds from PP, seems like they think 4 games are foregone conclusions although I think both Longford and Down are too long. Laois look like good value imo

Armagh best value odds there especially if Monaghan are as laboured as they were v Fermanagh. Longford odds too long, they have a decent qualifier record and Tyrone can struggle in some of these early round games. I would have the Derry and Laois odds closer than that.

Derry got promoted from division 4 but laois also got promoted and froma division higher. Playing at a higher level all season will make them very difficult opponents for Derry. It would be good for this young Derry side to get another game or 2 but this one will be a tough hurdle.

Halfquarter

Quote from: Hound on June 10, 2019, 07:23:26 PM
Leinster five-fold

Westmeath -7
Longford +8
Laois +2
Kildare -6
Offaly -4

Works out at a fraction under 30/1. All in!

When did Westmeath suddenly become world beaters.

David McKeown

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 10, 2019, 01:08:47 PM
Id imagine Longford v Tyrone will be the Saturday. Most of Tyrone will be coming through Clones for it, where the Ulster final is on the Sunday.

Only issue being Monaghan v Armagh likely to be on the Saturday in Clones
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Blowitupref

Sat June 22nd

Monaghan v Armagh Clones 7pm
Longford v Tyrone, Pearse park 5pm
Down v Mayo, Newry 7pm
Antrim v Kildare, Corrigan Park, 3pm (subject to inspection and safety certification)
Derry v Laois, Owenbeg, 5pm
Westmeath v Limerick, Mullingar, 6pm
Leitrim v Clare, Carrick-on-Shannon, 6pm

Sunday 23 June

Offaly v Sligo,Tullamore 2pm
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

panc56

I wouldn't fancy Kildares trip  8)

befair

Just heard that all club games in Down (usually played on Friday evening) are cancelled this week. You can be sure the club games next week will be canceled as well; this is why we lose out to soccer, where players are guaranteed regular games. It's only a 2nd round qualifier FFS. The clubs lose out again

Farrandeelin

Quote from: panc56 on June 11, 2019, 02:10:57 PM
I wouldn't fancy Kildares trip  8)

At least its a half decent time of the day.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Quote from: befair on June 11, 2019, 02:15:19 PM
Just heard that all club games in Down (usually played on Friday evening) are cancelled this week. You can be sure the club games next week will be canceled as well; this is why we lose out to soccer, where players are guaranteed regular games. It's only a 2nd round qualifier FFS. The clubs lose out again

Are those club games league or championship?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dinny Breen

What are chances that Corrigan Park will be passed, talking about a capacity of 2k? In fairness they will have the full support of the Kildare fans. We will have to suck it up ticket wise.
#newbridgeornowhere

imtommygunn

It's in corrigan at 3(I think) saturday. To be fair there'll not be very many antrim fans there.

[Edit] in fact pending safety inspection. Sorry got you now.

That will be interesting to see the outcome of. Do we actually have a ground safe enough to play matches at.

Maroon Manc

No TV coverage of Armagh v Monaghan then. I'm sure Sky were down to show a game that evening, looking at those throws ins it appears if there's a TV game it will be Derry v Laois.