Hurling Championship 2019

Started by seafoid, May 08, 2019, 04:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Hopefully Marty Morrisey will not ruin the game.

imtommygunn

Tipp look rattled. Ok tackling like men possessed this year.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

square_ball

Duignan going on about conditions. No bearing whatsoever on that challenge whether it was lashing down or the sun was splitting the trees.

laoislad

I'm sitting just up from it, looked like a clear red all day long imo.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

joemamas

Quote from: square_ball on August 18, 2019, 04:08:23 PM
Duignan going on about conditions. No bearing whatsoever on that challenge whether it was lashing down or the sun was splitting the trees.

+1

What an ass Duignan is, Hogan tried to take his head off with an elbow.
Red Card full stop.
That other useless idiot Marty has not stopped talking the "controversial " decision.

Blowitupref

Quote from: square_ball on August 18, 2019, 04:08:23 PM
The supporters on Hill 16 must be drenched.  Sending off the correct call? seem to catch him on the chin with his elbow.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

David McKeown

I thought it was a red but if the ref had already decided that striking to the head wasn't even a booking which he did by not booking the hurl to Hogan's head he had made a rod for his own back.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Wildweasel74

Accidental but connected badly with his elbow:shoulder. red. I am not sure what a yellow card is in Hurling, there multi men been dragged to the ground getting away from heir man but no yellows. And the early one on Hogan was a yellow

tonto1888

Quote from: David McKeown on August 18, 2019, 04:12:55 PM
I thought it was a red but if the ref had already decided that striking to the head wasn't even a booking which he did by not booking the hurl to Hogan's head he had made a rod for his own back.

Looked like a red to me also but like you I'm wondering why the ref didn't even book the guy who hit hogan. Was that the same guy hogan got the red for hitting?

Captain Obvious

Shefflin doesn't think it was a red card offence then again he thinks Kilkenny are playing Limerick.

straightred

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 18, 2019, 04:18:12 PM

Looked like a red to me also but like you I'm wondering why the ref didn't even book the guy who hit hogan. Was that the same guy hogan got the red for hitting?
Thought the same. He might have a broken nose

gallsman

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 18, 2019, 04:18:12 PM

Absolutely, Hogan deserved to walk but he had a hurl wrapped round his head and not an eyebrow raised earlier.

Don't know what it looks like on TV but the lights should have been on from the throw-in. Very dark altogether.

Zulu

Ollie Canning and Jamesie O'Connor on Sky basically saying it was a red but shouldn't have been given using the usual irrelevant excuses. A red all day long.

David McKeown

RTE don't even discuss the more obvious red
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner