Hurling Championship 2019

Started by seafoid, May 08, 2019, 04:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

Boycey

Mighty stuff from Limerick alright and will rightly be restored to favouritism but a word of caution is the fact that 9 of the last 12 Munster Champions haven't even reached the All Ireland Final

nrico2006

What was the ref at there? Stopping play to allow a substitution when a team is in possession.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Farrandeelin

Wohoo! Hup Wexford. Bring back pitch invasion!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 30, 2019, 05:34:25 PM
What was the ref at there? Stopping play to allow a substitution when a team is in possession.

That was a weird one alright

Capt Pat

Limerick were well deserving of their victory but I wonder how the game would have finished had Callanan finished off that goal opportunity. I think Callanan may have been slightly hooked before getting the shot away. Still would have been a Limerick win I think but maybe a lot closer.

The Wexford v Kilkenny game was a cracker with nothing between the sides for most of it. I thought Kilkenny started going for goal a bit too early at the end. You can get three scores very quickly and easily in a game of hurling.

nrico2006

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 30, 2019, 06:47:20 PM

That was a weird one alright

Was a disgrace. The referee could have had a major impact on that game because of this balls up.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Limerick played in second gear against same team last time out! This was Limerick flexing their muscles, and still an extra gear in them. They'll be hard to stop after that, providing they don't get carried away with the hype they could do 2 in a row.

Wexford's best 15 can do very well but the bench isn't as good.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Probably got the call from the fourth official and told the lads but they carried on, then called it back.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

That full back for Kilkenny was some operator. Never heard of him before.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 30, 2019, 09:45:08 PM

First season with the cats, had a great game

imtommygunn

Put manners in mcdonald a few times and he's no mug.

marty34

Bad decision by the referee alright....at a crucial time also.

Yeah, Hugh L is a big unit and can hurl. This year will bring him on.

They should have clipped over the points  at the end instead of goals.

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on June 30, 2019, 11:04:44 PM

Bad decision by the referee alright....at a crucial time also.

Yeah, Hugh L is a big unit and can hurl. This year will bring him on.

They should have clipped over the points  at the end instead of goals.

Very un Kilkenny like to lose composure like that.

With Davy battening down the hatches and with the hurlers Kilkenny have three points from out the field in 5 minutes is not uncommon in hurling.
Still good to see none of the big three without a cup to date, but I think it'll still be a Limerick Tipp final and all to play for.

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 30, 2019, 04:22:31 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 30, 2019, 03:54:28 PM
I'd really like to see quaide's save again which could have taken it back to three before limerick opened up. Looked like an amazing save but didn't see the replay of it.

Limerick very impressive though like as says Bonner Maher huge loss.

Cane off his feet?

Yeah, threw out a boot at it and got lucky. Still think Limerick would have won but the interest in the game would have lasted longer.
Very little quality ball into Callanan all day. Limerick hammered the hammer in Paudie Maher and Brendan Maher was too deep in on Guillaine to deliver ball.

Ger Hegarty and Kyle Hayes are two huge wrecking balls of men who can hurl and both showed Paudie Maher a clean pair of heels at separate times yesterday.
Hard to see who can put it up to them, but I think Tipp could be dangerous in a one off AI against them even after yesterday.