Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: God14 on February 19, 2023, 05:37:38 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on February 19, 2023, 05:14:00 PM
Quote from: scout on February 19, 2023, 04:59:49 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on February 05, 2023, 06:32:30 PM
Quote from: scout on January 29, 2023, 03:16:13 PM
Sooner we get rid of Logan & dooher the better.

Why's that ?

That's why jimbob

You haven't slept for a fortnight waiting to post that response. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

He is right though

We have better footballers than Derry for example, but they will beat us this year, handily. Why is that?

I'll bite. Why do you think that? I certainly don't see any evidence of that.

Scoring Zone

Quote from: inroundthesquare on February 19, 2023, 06:43:49 PM
Hampsey was marking Tierney for two marked kickouts in the second half when Kilpatrick, Kennedy and Oguz were all on the field.

This imo swung the game, galway got 2 or 3 scores off that and it lifted them to see the game out, where Tyrone absolutely butchered 3 point scoring chances with nice build up play (sludden, hampsey and canavan) at the start of the 2nd half which would have i think given them momentum to go ahead. Some of the shot selections was shocking but don't think it was a bad performance as strange as that sounds

clarshack

Quote from: Scoring Zone on February 19, 2023, 09:38:49 PM
Quote from: inroundthesquare on February 19, 2023, 06:43:49 PM
Hampsey was marking Tierney for two marked kickouts in the second half when Kilpatrick, Kennedy and Oguz were all on the field.

This imo swung the game, galway got 2 or 3 scores off that and it lifted them to see the game out, where Tyrone absolutely butchered 3 point scoring chances with nice build up play (sludden, hampsey and canavan) at the start of the 2nd half which would have i think given them momentum to go ahead. Some of the shot selections was shocking but don't think it was a bad performance as strange as that sounds

This while Kennedy was moved to full forward. Still not sure about Kennedy at this level tbh.

Redhand Santa

Like when Harte was manager I wouldn't be getting too carried away at this time of year either way. Two years ago when Tyrone won the All Ireland they were poor enough in the league despite making the semi finals. I would still be concerned though as we never got going last year at all and are playing close to our full 15.

The team are getting out worked, out fought and out ran against any kind of decent opposition. In all the defeats this year they have played against the wind in the first half (and are choosing to when get the chance). They are then entering the game with a real negative mindset and trying to slow everything down and waste time in the first half. This is summed up by the constant back passing to Morgan who then holds it for as long as possible. They are afraid to shoot against the wind and happy to go in behind. Then in the second half they are having to chase the game. If they'd been clinical in the first 15 minutes of it in both games they would probably have won the matches. But instead they've had to continue to chase it and then leaving huge gaps at the back.

Compare the way we played against the wind to both Roscommon and Galway. They ran at pace right down the heart of the Tyrone defence scoring far more than we did against it. Our play is so much slower and so predictable with everything going wide and recycled. We also have to show a lot more fight and hunger to win primary possession in the middle. As someone else said we are playing big midfielders but getting cleaned out in the air.

trueblue1234

Quote from: tbrick18 on February 19, 2023, 09:20:41 PM
Quote from: God14 on February 19, 2023, 05:37:38 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on February 19, 2023, 05:14:00 PM
Quote from: scout on February 19, 2023, 04:59:49 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on February 05, 2023, 06:32:30 PM
Quote from: scout on January 29, 2023, 03:16:13 PM
Sooner we get rid of Logan & dooher the better.

Why's that ?

That's why jimbob

You haven't slept for a fortnight waiting to post that response. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

He is right though

We have better footballers than Derry for example, but they will beat us this year, handily. Why is that?

I'll bite. Why do you think that? I certainly don't see any evidence of that.

I think he means the players there have the potential to play better than they current are. History would show that most of these plays have a AI already, and have a history of making the AI's semi's on a regular basis. Derry have a bit of work to prove they are better. Especially considering they are in D2.
For what it's worth, I think Tyrone's squad is stronger too. But badly out of form. Something the managers should be concerned with.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

WT4E

Doogan not up to it.

Get Malachy O'Rourke lined up for next year.

Under Lights

Quote from: WT4E on February 20, 2023, 11:48:31 AM
Doogan not up to it.

Mark Harte lined up next.

God14

Doogan not up to it.

That would be my choice too, but it would be a bit of a shift in policy. I dont believe Tyrone have ever had an outside manager, even if O'Rourke has lived longer in Ballygawley than he ever did in Fermanagh

clarshack

Quote from: God14 on February 20, 2023, 12:09:51 PM
Doogan not up to it.

That would be my choice too, but it would be a bit of a shift in policy. I dont believe Tyrone have ever had an outside manager, even if O'Rourke has lived longer in Ballygawley than he ever did in Fermanagh

John Donnelly early 90's?

God14

Quote from: clarshack on February 20, 2023, 01:43:55 PM
Quote from: God14 on February 20, 2023, 12:09:51 PM
Doogan not up to it.

John Donnelly early 90's?

Good shout, i stand corrected

WT4E

Jim Bob

Doogan not up to it.

MOR has tried to conquer Croke Park ....didn't succeed unlike Logan & Dooher.

Quote from: Jim Bob on February 20, 2023, 08:40:22 PM
Doogan not up to it.

Ridiculous statement

Jim Bob

Quote from: 03,05,08 on February 20, 2023, 09:00:27 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on February 20, 2023, 08:40:22 PM
Doogan not up to it.

Ridiculous statement

It's not. Look at his record with Monaghan. Could do it in Ulster but couldn't do the business in Croker

God14

Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 20, 2023, 08:05:54 AM
Like when Harte was manager I wouldn't be getting too carried away at this time of year either way. Two years ago when Tyrone won the All Ireland they were poor enough in the league despite making the semi finals. I would still be concerned though as we never got going last year at all and are playing close to our full 15.

The team are getting out worked, out fought and out ran against any kind of decent opposition. In all the defeats this year they have played against the wind in the first half (and are choosing to when get the chance). They are then entering the game with a real negative mindset and trying to slow everything down and waste time in the first half. This is summed up by the constant back passing to Morgan who then holds it for as long as possible. They are afraid to shoot against the wind and happy to go in behind. Then in the second half they are having to chase the game. If they'd been clinical in the first 15 minutes of it in both games they would probably have won the matches. But instead they've had to continue to chase it and then leaving huge gaps at the back.

Compare the way we played against the wind to both Roscommon and Galway. They ran at pace right down the heart of the Tyrone defence scoring far more than we did against it. Our play is so much slower and so predictable with everything going wide and recycled. We also have to show a lot more fight and hunger to win primary possession in the middle. As someone else said we are playing big midfielders but getting cleaned out in the air.

Its a compressed season now. Its completely different scenario, Tyrone will be finished up in June for another 6 months or so.