Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveherlong

Quote from: Under Lights on August 31, 2021, 06:07:19 AM
Quote from: Jayop on August 30, 2021, 11:48:00 PM
McShane up top and McKenna at half back line.

Who you dropping? Sludden?

Either of the midfielders. Leave McKenna in the middle. He was there anyway for couple of throw ins

God14

The first 35mins of the final is going to be helter skeltor. I'm expecting chaos

Better to have McShane and Canavan coming on around 45minute mark
Canavan in particular should have been on sooner on Saturday. He covers so much ground, and offers something completely different going forward

Finish with our strongest 15 and we can eek out a famous victory

tyrone08

Quote from: kickitin on August 31, 2021, 09:42:08 AM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 30, 2021, 08:49:46 PM
Few questions.

How can tyrone get the best out of mckenna? He is pure talent and passion but hasn't really kicked on this year compared with his first few games under mickey. Wonder if he was happy with the change of management as I assumed mickey was involved in bringing him back.

Why is dooher still being cautious with mcshane. He clearly is fit and needs the game time.

Is Lee breenan on the panel still. Always thought he has something to offer tyrone especially from free kicks.

No offence to ronan o'neill but he is not going to make it so wonder whats keeping him on the panel.

mcshane played nearly an hours football on Saturday past, fair enough "dooher" who's not the manager didn't know there would be extra time, but he still threw him on 9 mins into the 2nd half when the game was in the complete melting pot, so i don't understand what part of that is cautious - you say he's fit and then you say he needs the game time, which one is it? he will be in with a massive chance of starting the next day, just depends on what way the management want to set up

LB tore his hamstring in a friendly against either roscommon or cork

RON best goal scoring threat in Tyrone, isn't going to make it but i feel like when he see's certain players on ahead of him and he knows/thinks he is a much better player than them which must be extremely frustrating

Isn't dooher one of the managers? Even fergal logan said that dooher is in charge of the subs. We have been told all year that mcshane is fit. What i meant was he needs more game time to get match sharp. Played about 15 mins against Donegal and about 25 mins against monghan and you could tell by that game that he need more gamt time as his handling was poor although it was under poor conditions. The kerry game was the longest he has played continuously in 19 months and as you say that was only cause the game went to extra time. That should bring him on a bit further.

Wasn't aware of the injury to LB.

nrico2006

Start your best team so that means McShane starts.  Only reason he hasn't so far is due to injury.  Would like to see Bradley involved more too.  As for McKenna, he should be somewhere around the middle third.

How is Canavan in that POTY betting list?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

HokeyPokey

Quote from: kickitin on August 31, 2021, 09:42:08 AM

LB tore his hamstring in a friendly against either roscommon or cork

Good to hear LB hasn't packed it in (again). I think and hope we should be a stronger team next year. There's a good mix of ages and options there. To my mind, no likely retirement candidates for another year or two.

Cobra

Quote from: God14 on August 31, 2021, 09:51:08 AM
The first 35mins of the final is going to be helter skeltor. I'm expecting chaos

Better to have McShane and Canavan coming on around 45minute mark
Canavan in particular should have been on sooner on Saturday. He covers so much ground, and offers something completely different going forward

Finish with our strongest 15 and we can eek out a famous victory

Bar his shot on goal (which was straight at the keeper) I thought Canavan was poor enough. It was lucky his shot fell to McShane. He carried a load of ball into tackles and got turned over when Tyrone really needed the ball. And being fresh he really shouldn't have made those mistakes. He has room to improve.

nrico2006

More worried about how ineffective McKenna has been so far, should be getting much more out of him than we have so far.  Darragh Canavan looks good but Mark Bradley is a similar type of player who has that bit more know-how at this stage.  Surprised to see him getting so little time so far.  Things to work on:

- Kickouts
- McKenna involvement
- Frees/45s
- Discipline (cant afford one ten minute period with a man less never mind multiple periods)
- need to keep working on creating/scoring goals, hoping Saturday wasn't a one-off.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Cobra

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 31, 2021, 03:48:33 PM
More worried about how ineffective McKenna has been so far, should be getting much more out of him than we have so far.  Darragh Canavan looks good but Mark Bradley is a similar type of player who has that bit more know-how at this stage.  Surprised to see him getting so little time so far.  Things to work on:

- Kickouts
- McKenna involvement
- Frees/45s
- Discipline (cant afford one ten minute period with a man less never mind multiple periods)
- need to keep working on creating/scoring goals, hoping Saturday wasn't a one-off.

I'd agree but McKenna did get 2 crucial goals and like McCurry he's a marked man but both of them kept going no matter what. Especially McCurry given it was so difficult for him for large parts of the game.

WT4E

What a servant Petey Harte is.

I've been on here a while and boys have been calling him 'the nephew' and taking shots at him over the years but he has been so reliable.

He's done everything asked of him over the years and any position he's played he's played well (nearly them all at this stage) The only time he has been poor in games is when the opposition decide to target him but with more options now that's a thing of the past.

AND WHAT A BLOCK .... better than Gormleys and that takes some doing!

trueblue1234

Petey is better in defence where he doesn't get as much "attention" from the other team. When he's lining out in attack he can get put off his game at times with some of the close contact he got. But he's a great player. Composed (to the level where he struggles to get frees from refs when he's being fouled) and no shortage of skill.
I think McKenna is doing OK. Every game has seen a slight step up. But he's a marked man now. We're at the stage now where it's hard to man mark all Tyrone's threats. McShane, McCurry, McKenna potentially Donnelly would all need man marking. That's a lot of fires for opposition to put out!!  And that's a great way to have it.
I wouldn't have Canavan starting yet. I thought he struggled on Sat. Couple of wrong options and turned over balls. Nothing to worry about given his age, but don't think he's done enough yet.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

CK_Redhand

Current form of our forwards is good but I feel there's still room for improvement. A longer pre season would definitely have helped the management figure out the best positions and strategy. Rewind to our first league game and Donaghy's performance you'd have thought he'd be a cert to start every game.
Ranking and comments:
McCurry - his best season yet. Has been great under pressure and is needed for frees.
McShane - bar a few handling errors has been excellent.  Real handful for the opposition.
M Donnelly - not his best season but has been good at spells as target man. Some bad decisions in last 2 matches.
McKenna - flashes of brilliance. I think he was one of the worst affected by covid as he seemed gassed on Saturday.  I could be wrong.
Bradley
Canavan
Donaghy
L Brennan
R O'Neil

Probably forgetting someone.

tyronerebel

What's the story with this pods of 2? Some saying minimum pod of 2 and some saying maximum? surely bigger pods would allow for larger numbers?

Under Lights

Quote from: tyronerebel on September 01, 2021, 08:48:58 AM
What's the story with this pods of 2? Some saying minimum pod of 2 and some saying maximum? surely bigger pods would allow for larger numbers?
Pods of 2.
Can ask for a single or a double. No pods of 3 or 5.
So parent with one kid. Need to request 1 pod of 2 (Mum and child) and 1 pod of 1 (dad off somewhere on his own)

Wee Roddy

Quote from: WT4E on August 31, 2021, 04:21:07 PM

I've been on here a while and boys have been calling him 'the nephew' and taking shots at him over the years but he has been so reliable.

He's done everything asked of him over the years and any position he's played he's played well (nearly them all at this stage) The only time he has been poor in games is when the opposition decide to target him but with more options now that's a thing of the past.

It was a great block, but to say that is was better than Gormelys is ridiculous and that isnt me having my Carrickmore cap on. Watch Gormleys again. The ground he made up was unreal, never mind the timing of the block

Snapchap

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 01, 2021, 10:00:30 AM
Quote from: WT4E on August 31, 2021, 04:21:07 PM

It was a great block, but to say that is was better than Gormelys is ridiculous and that isnt me having my Carrickmore cap on. Watch Gormleys again. The ground he made up was unreal, never mind the timing of the block

Yeah a bit of a mad comparison. Also, considering that Spillane was running at a bad angle, a goal was no certainty had the block not happened. With Gormleys, it was a certain goal, and was right at the death in an All-Ireland final. A good block but crazy to compare the two in terms of ground made up, pressure, timing, etc.

In fact, when you watch Harte's again, he almost had time to stop his run before making the dive - a split second of time that Gormley did not have the luxury of!