Quote from: Localexpert on August 05, 2019, 08:00:07 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 05, 2019, 07:17:58 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on August 05, 2019, 01:38:36 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 05, 2019, 12:19:55 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on August 05, 2019, 10:44:53 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 05, 2019, 09:59:01 AM
Quote from: Localexpert on August 02, 2019, 04:15:44 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on August 02, 2019, 03:48:58 PM
I could see Benny Gallen starting tomorrow for sure. Maybe give Aidy McCrory a final run out as well.

There is absolutely not doubt aidan McCrory will play tomorrow and unless he retires he'll still be there next year as well!

I hate the way a loyal servant like McRory gets such a hard time on here. I wouldn't start him but he's a good man to have about the panel. If all the players had his attitude we'd be a lot better of and wouldn't have boys walking off panels mid season.

He didn't look out of his depth yesterday and did fairly well. Worked hard got forward to set up scoring chances on a few occasions and still got back and stuck in at the back.

The man is dirt.  Shouldnt be there.  Plenty of better players around the county never got the chances that man got.

There's been worse players on the panel than McCrory over the past few years.

There's also many better players who didn't get a look in because they didn't share a similar postcode to der fuhrer. 

Like who?

anyone that can run at speed and solo the ball at the same time are instantly better footballers!

There were plenty of players who could run at speed and solo the ball better than Mickey McGee, if you ever played the game you might know that defenders are there to defend first and foremost.

I bow to your superior knowledge.  Since you are such an expert could you explain how he has played so many times for tyrone and stephen mcnally was overlooked? Which one of the two do you think is better?

I think McNally is certainly worth a go but there are other defenders in the Tyrone panel that I think he may be worth a shot over other than McCrory, one of them is McNally's own team mate. He has played so many times as he has been dependable and one of our better players, we've had guys like Ryan McKenna, Ciaran McGinley, Dermy Carlin, Barry Tierney, PJ Quinn and a few others who regularly got time for Tyrone when McCrory has been in the squad. In that time McCrory established himself as one of Tyrone's best defenders which may have said it all about the state of football in Tyrone in that time. We've blooded some new players since then and McCrory has fallen down the pecking order.

That time has come and gone unfortunately as mcnally is in his 30s now.  If his club jersey had have had a bit more yellow and more white than blue he would have got the same chances aidan McCrory got. 

I'd hazard a guess there aren't many posters on this forum would take aidan McCrory over mackers to play for their club team in their upcoming championship campaigns.

There were worse players than McCrory getting picked in those years. It's a bit sad using McCrory to criticse Harte because he didn't pick one of your clubmen.

My opinion is McCrory got a hell of alot of chances because of his club something that I feel is being mirrored with another ballygawley player who has been calamitous at times this year.  You asked me for an example so I gave you the player i see most.

One of your club men has got plenty of chances this year despite the fact he has had a number of very poor outings. I don't hear you cribbing about that though. I think McKernan should be further down the pecking order than he is at present.

You're entitled to your opinion but he wasnt part of the conversion. However since you mentioned him... young player of the year  nomination and club all star last year would make me believe there aren't many better options in Tyrone.

I'll let you argue different....

It's everything thing to do with. You're arguing McCrory is getting game time without any merit. He started a dead rubber yesterday and it was his first Championship start in 2 years. McKernan's form has been poor this year, he has plenty of potential but I think he's lucky to have kept his place ahead of others.

Aidan snr you need to calm down you can't even finish your sentences.  Everything to do with what?

I didn't say he didn't get there from merit..... I'm sure he never misses training, is always on time,  is really really fit, salutes der fuhrer and only drinks blackcurrant and water after a big win.   My arguement was he isn't good enough!

Regards mckernan  please see my previous post RE: your opinion etc etc.

You're very reticent to dish out the same criticism to your fellow club man as you are to other players. McCrory has started one Championship game for Tyrone in two years and it was a dead rubber game where a second string 15 started. What is your agenda here, Stephen?

I didn't give an opinion on mckernan because it wasn't part of the discussion but if you want it here goes

As good as last year - no
Better than aidan McCrory- definitely so by your argument for aidan McCrorys squad inclusion mckernan must be in the top 6/7 defenders in tyrone no?

If any objective person watched the last 2 Tyrone games I'd be surprised if they picked McKernan out as a better defender than McCrory. For a man who is meant to be so bad and who had hardly featured all year he came in and did a solid job.

omagh_gael

Who the f**k cares about McCrory v McKernan v McNulty. Just stop fecking quoting each other!!

skeog

Mickey is praising the sky coverage miles ahead of RTE and sure if you cannot afford it wait for the highlights.

ONeill

Just don't kick the ball on top of Moran. Kerry will try to force that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RedHand88

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 06, 2019, 04:49:48 PM
Who the f**k cares about McCrory v McKernan v McNulty. Just stop fecking quoting each other!!

Agreed, it's not good for the vertigo.

phpearse

Expect Tyrone to be very competitive this weekend. Stating the obvious but we need to converting the majority of our chances, including any half goal chances. in the AIF last year our conversation rate was very poor, even in the last 10 minutes when we were coming back at Dublin we were snatching at chances.

Sean O Se is still a cub but he can be so good with his frees and we don't have that sort of free taker from distance. Harte and McShane have improved our ratio of frees converted from inside 40 yards but I'd say our frees from 40 yards out isn't as good as Dublin or Kerry. Couple of missed frees can be the difference. 

Brian Kennedy, if he starts, needs to learn to break ball or at least be a spoiler. Yes he is young but if his only job this weekend is to stop Kerry winning clean ball on their kick out then he'll have done a good job. Morgan won't lump it out though, like Mayo did in the match in Killarney. Tyrone are ahead of Kerry in terms of kick out strategy, we'll get possession there. I don't think we can live of scraps, possession wise and score more than Kerry but I think we are smart enough and more experienced than Kerry to hold our own there.

I can't see us starting like we did against Cork in the first half, we were so slow in that half, but will we push 2-3 men up front? Maybe tight in the first half and see how the game develops.

Jayop

Deegan worries me more than Clifford to be honest. That f**ker reffing is 5 points worth to kerry.

GaaFanatic123

Any calls for this weekend?

I expect McNamee to pick up Geaney, I've a feeling if Hampsey is fit enough maybe Harte will let the Fianna man try and rattle Clifford?

For me though its crucial that we stop David Moran dominating around the middle, Colm will probably be tasked with that job,

Also I expect Tommy Walsh to come on with 15/20 to go no matter what the score is, another problem to deal with, going to be a game won on the line I think and I'm looking forward to heading down the road to see it!

sam03/05

The match up will be
McNamee on Clifford
O'Brien - R Brennan
HP McGeary on Geaney

Hopefully Cavanagh will mark Moran but I fear it will be Kennedy who shouldn't be anywhere near it.
Don't think Hampsey will play - clearly injured and was hobbling about withan ice pack when taken off last week. Will prob be a sub with 20 to go.

Dire Ear

Kerry will be good at buying frees that's for sure

phpearse

QuoteThe match up will be
McNamee on Clifford
O'Brien - R Brennan
HP McGeary on Geaney
]

I can see Meyler picking up O'Brien. Has the legs to match him. And probably Brennan on Geaney.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 08, 2019, 08:10:46 AM
The match up will be
McNamee on Clifford
O'Brien - R Brennan
HP McGeary on Geaney

Hopefully Cavanagh will mark Moran but I fear it will be Kennedy who shouldn't be anywhere near it.
Don't think Hampsey will play - clearly injured and was hobbling about withan ice pack when taken off last week. Will prob be a sub with 20 to go.

At least Kennedy will have a bit of mobility about him. Cavanagh will be swallowed whole if he tries to go out into the middle and compete as a traditional midfielder - he doesn't have the legs anymore. Cavanagh will do his usual role I'm afraid.

Goals_Will_Come

If Hampsey isn't fit and isn't playing I can see Tyrone struggling. Don't think Tyrone have the defenders to stop Kerry's firepower, even if they set up the blanket defence, Kerry just have too many good attacking options

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 08, 2019, 08:10:46 AM
The match up will be
McNamee on Clifford
O'Brien - R Brennan
HP McGeary on Geaney

Who do we put onto Sean O'Shea? Tom OSullivan is another who needs close attention.

Taylor

The Kerry forward line is much better than ours as is their options up front on their bench.

Saying that our defence is infinitely better as is our defensive system.

The big question is can we transition quickly enough to give our men up top the support. The worst thing that can happen is we pay so much attention to stopping them we arent as effective going forward.

You can run up a big score against them but we need to find the balance in keeping it tight at the back.

redhandofgod

Kieran McGeary on Sean o'Shea, do a similar job on him that he did on Shane Walsh of Galway in the 2nd half of league game.