Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Quote from: NotedObserver on August 04, 2019, 06:47:18 PM
Quote from: under the bar on August 04, 2019, 06:38:58 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 04, 2019, 10:34:34 AM
Quote from: trailer on August 04, 2019, 08:43:24 AM
Well it's gameday. I fear we're gonna get tanked.

Anyone with any sense has taken Dublin -4 anyway.

I think the entire country were on that one!  :D

Missed the game today. Anything of note from Tyrone? Anyone put down a marker?
Richie donnelly and casdidy were standout players for Tyrone, both got knocks and came off.

BennyHarp

Quote from: redzone on August 04, 2019, 08:10:38 PM

Richie donnelly and casdidy were standout players for Tyrone, both got knocks and came off.

Agreed, I was alsoimpressed by David Mulgrew, showed very well for the ball and looked very sharp.
That was never a square ball!!

RedHand88

Benny gallen was actually really good until he mucked up for the goal. Good to have him as backup.

Erne Man

Based on today's performance surely Conor McAlliskey needs to  start for you lot next week? Looked sharp, and a better option in a 2 man full forward line than McCurry.
Hampsey was key for Tyrone last year, but looks a liability in the full back line this year - he looks like a man carrying a niggly injury. Maybe 20mins in him somewhere from 5 - 9.

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 04, 2019, 08:29:45 PM
Quote from: redzone on August 04, 2019, 08:10:38 PM

Agreed, I was alsoimpressed by David Mulgrew, showed very well for the ball and looked very sharp.

Feck I thought Donnelly was terrible. Was actually thinking he's done himself more harm than good. Loses position far too often.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

tyrone08

Thought Donnelly, mulgrew and Cassidy did good enough
Was disappointed that the players did my go full at it to stake a place. Mcaliskey should def see more game time as he scored a few great points.

Was disappointed with Coney. Thought this would m be a great game for him to stake a play but while he played good and got on the ball I expected a bit more.

Would love too see a lee brennan or Bradley play up front with mcshane. Think that would be a great scoring combination

GetOverTheBar

Based on the game yesterday, I doubt anyone will really be knocking on the door hard to get into the starting 15 next weekend. Especially disappointed with Tiernan McCann who needed a big one to get back in after his prior capers.

McAliskey looked ok in the first half, but O'Carroll was all at sea, he didn't look comfortable at all under the high ball which is his supposed strength compared to the rest of the Dubs.

Handy one for Dublin.

Harte will hardly care.

Redhand Santa

Given the strength of Dublins bench I was happy enough with how we competed. Goal put a bigger margin in it than there probably should have been, Conal McCann was very unlucky not to get a goal in the second half.

I thought both corner backs particularly McLaughlin did rightly. McAliskey and Donnelly pushing hard for starting positions. Coney had a good second half and seen a lot of ball but again question marks will hang over how he'd do if tighter marked. Mulgrew had a decent game for a player that hasn't played all year. Gallen did really well too.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Localexpert on August 02, 2019, 04:15:44 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on August 02, 2019, 03:48:58 PM
I could see Benny Gallen starting tomorrow for sure. Maybe give Aidy McCrory a final run out as well.

There is absolutely not doubt aidan McCrory will play tomorrow and unless he retires he'll still be there next year as well!

I hate the way a loyal servant like McRory gets such a hard time on here. I wouldn't start him but he's a good man to have about the panel. If all the players had his attitude we'd be a lot better of and wouldn't have boys walking off panels mid season.

He didn't look out of his depth yesterday and did fairly well. Worked hard got forward to set up scoring chances on a few occasions and still got back and stuck in at the back.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 05, 2019, 09:59:01 AM
I could see Benny Gallen starting tomorrow for sure. Maybe give Aidy McCrory a final run out as well.

There is absolutely not doubt aidan McCrory will play tomorrow and unless he retires he'll still be there next year as well!

I hate the way a loyal servant like McRory gets such a hard time on here. I wouldn't start him but he's a good man to have about the panel. If all the players had his attitude we'd be a lot better of and wouldn't have boys walking off panels mid season.

He didn't look out of his depth yesterday and did fairly well. Worked hard got forward to set up scoring chances on a few occasions and still got back and stuck in at the back.

The man is dirt.  Shouldnt be there.  Plenty of better players around the county never got the chances that man got.

Angelo

Quote from: The Golden Years on August 05, 2019, 10:44:53 AM

The man is dirt.  Shouldnt be there.  Plenty of better players around the county never got the chances that man got.

There's been worse players on the panel than McCrory over the past few years.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Norf Tyrone

I despire when I see a 'Tyrone fan' coming on here and describing a Tyrone player as 'dirt'.

You might not rate him. You might describe his weakness. However the fella commits to the jersey. Deserves better than that crass comment.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

skeog

Aidan Mc Crory was quitely effective yesterday credit to his ability to perform well against all his critics.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on August 05, 2019, 12:19:55 PM

Absolutely.

Localexpert

Quote from: Angelo on August 05, 2019, 12:19:55 PM

There's also many better players who didn't get a look in because they didn't share a similar postcode to der fuhrer.  He's not even in the top 5 players for ballygawley!